WWE Overachievers/Underachievers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wrestling Station

Why do fans suddenly get a hard on for dead/fired wrestlers?

Why do fans suddenly get a hard on for dead/fired wrestlers?

This is a completely serious topic. When superstars either die or get released, all of a sudden fans flock in going on about how great such and such was, or how they had so much potential that was misused in the company, or whatever excuse they can come up with. Yet when they were around, their "fanbase" was half the size it was when they left, or no one gave a flying shit about them.

Example: Eddie Guerrero. He was popular yes, but he wasn't made out to be perfect and godlike until he actually died. Then all off a sudden his fanbase doubled, almost as if you HAVE to like him just to respect the dead. It was like he was a pretty good wrestler, and then everyone thinks he's Hall of Fame material once he passed away. His battles such as his drug addiction was laughed at by many, as soon as he died all off a sudden these same people throw a 180 and claim he's a hero.

Another example: The Conman. When he was around, you would get about 2 people saying he was talented. Everyone HATED him, and mostly NOT just for the gimmick despite him being one of the most professional guys out there. Now people are all supportive of him.

Why do they do it? Is it knowing their gone leaving a void in your life? Because it's a "nice thing" to do since they or their family would be going through a hard time? Why do people go from having opinions to following the crowd? Why do people hate someone, then delude themselves into thinking the exact opposite once they are gone?

What you all think?! :scratch:

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
As Undertakers Old Saying said "I'll Make You Famous" Implied people get more famous once they die.

Dont know if get a hard on i the right way to put it but.. It happens outside of wrestling Kurt Cobain, The Guy From INXS (Michael Hutchinson, i think is hes name?) hell even Elvis. I have no way of explaining this because ive also wondered about this. So this post is pretty much pointless only here for that point which i made where it happens outside of wrestling aswell lol.

Montana

Good Question! I've always wondered that myself.

Owen Hart is another real good example. I never heard anyone talk about owen while he was alive. Even when he was main eventing the fans didnt talk about him.

Mr Perfect. He was good, but he was only a midcard guy. Now apparently he's the greatest wrestler ever.

The Rated R CMStar

Well, the Eddie Guerrero is truly the better example. He passed away and suddenly he outruns Ric Flair, HBK and others and enters the Hall of Fame. Besides, his dead also helped the likes of Rey Mysterio and Chavo Guerrero to get a push.

Soulpower

I don't give a shit about The Conman... And I was a fan of both Owen and Eddie before their deaths... Hell, I remember smiling when Owen "knocked HBK out" with a kick. Fact is, you can't tell if someone was a fan of Eddie before his death. Are there some people that became fans after his death? Yeah, probably.. But it doesn't mean that everyone is like that.

And to Luke... Cobain was always overrated and a shotty guitar player to boot.

C4

Don't know it's pretty much of Bullsh*t I don't respect any Eddie or Any Owen Hart, neither do I feel Sorry for them or their family.
Owen Hart, yes I feel a little for the guy because he died in an Accident but Eddie Died because of himself his own mistake, so F*ck Eddie even if he is dead, I hated Eddie long before his death and when he died I saw so many people Crying and saying that he was one of the best when he was nothing but bullsh*t.
And as far as the WWE goes they were real selfish, when they saw Eddie Die and Millions of Fans cry, they thought Eddie was popular and so they converted it all into one storyline the Orton-Rey and the Rey-Chavo.
How Rude, Eddie's Wife was out smiling and working with Wwe.
This sucks really Eddie goes to hell.

phantomgerald

human nature really, you don't know what you got till it's gone.

C4

Im getting pissed at Eddie he was a Stupid Wrestler and why the hell do people love the Fag? I hate Eddie he is nothing!
If he was here today I would have kicked his butt!

KingABster

Reaction score
I remember one of the Eddie Guerrero tribute shows, where Kurt Angle was giving his thoughts and commenting on Eddie.
I remember him saying "He was a great wrestler...maybe even the best ever..."

Eddie was a good wrestler, and had a cool gimmick, but being the best ever is way too farfetched.

the dark knight

wanna give a SOLID example? KURT COBAIN!!! to me he is a legend wether he committed suicide or not. but his suicide really really boosted his name. he knew that, thats why he did it.

here's a table :

pre-born = ur a good guy (anti-abortion people : awww dont kill the baby. )

once the baby is born = kill him if u want 2

after hitting 16 = FUCK YOU!! ( now that he has needs! )

b4 he dies = 1/2 of the people say the good things and the other half say the bad.

after he dies = aaaaaaaaaall the good things start to appear.

bottom line, as long as ur alive ur an asshole. i think its related to jealousy issue or sumthing. monkeystyle give us a psychological reason :) i'm 2 lazy to ask my mom.

as for eddie, i used to like him so much and i got really sad for a couple of days after his death but after i saw how they talked about him as a legend.........oo1oo

Soulpower

What about The Undertaker? He's dead but a lot of people love him. They hated him when he was alive, but when he died everyone became a fan of Taker. Why don't people complain about that?