WWE NXT Star to Join The Shield Soon?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
- The feeling is that when Roman Reigns turns babyface and splits from The Shield, likely in February, that he will be replaced with a new member in the group. Mason Ryan's name has been discussed.
Just no, when it's time to split let them all go their own seperate ways. Last thing they should look to be doing is trying to keep The Shield gimmick alive and ruining it with some terrible replacement.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Probably the worst scenario I could imagine from this.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
...and that will be when I stop being a Shield Girl.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Worst thing you can do with a group is to try and keep it going with new members let alone worst members so really hope this doesn't happen at all.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I wouldn't mind an occasional new member I mean it has been over a year. But it should either be an known entity that they have wooed or it should be a complete unknown they'ved duped into joining. It's really all about the story involved it should be oh we recruited this guy. Boom guy is member. It should be a process played out

Mason Ryan bad choice you've already got a big guy in Roman Reigns. Go for another Rollins type he plays a good lackey get another lackey let him have to go through trials Let Rollins torment the guy and then have the guy fight back and split keep the original group you gave them a 4th for a bit and created a feud with minimal effort.

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Let's face it, WWE has a habit of sucking this dry until it becomes completely stale. When Reigns finally leaves the Shield they'll milk the Shield with new members until it no longer works. That being said with Mason Ryan the Shield would probably die quicker then Daniel Bryan's first WWE title reign.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I actually think it makes the most sense to replace Reigns. I would not use Mason, but I know I would use Russev as the muscle to Ambrose and Rollins. The group makes Ambrose and Rollins, they are still a force, and they can keep it going while creating a breakway star in Reigns. Roman even gets his feud once he breaks up as he kicks his former teammates ass and they bring in the muscle

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I actually think it makes the most sense to replace Reigns. I would not use Mason, but I know I would use Russev as the muscle to Ambrose and Rollins. The group makes Ambrose and Rollins, they are still a force, and they can keep it going while creating a breakway star in Reigns. Roman even gets his feud once he breaks up as he kicks his former teammates ass and they bring in the muscle

Only way to have that work though is to have the new muscle kick the ass of the old muscle otherwise the team still comes off as weak, not only weak but cheap for having to replace a big man with a lower quality big man.

Doesn't help that Ambrose hasn't done shit with the title since he got it either.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Just let them implode, Roman can break away and do his thing and I suppose you could have Rollins take the US Title from Dean in a feud.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Only way to have that work though is to have the new muscle kick the ass of the old muscle otherwise the team still comes off as weak, not only weak but cheap for having to replace a big man with a lower quality big man.

Doesn't help that Ambrose hasn't done shit with the title since he got it either.
That's why I said Russev be introduced. He can kicks Reigns ass without beating him clean in a match. They can have him sneak attack and lay him out, beat him down 3 on 1, cheat, and then in the payoff have reigns beat them all.

Breaking up the whole group does nothing for Ambrose or Rollins, and at the end of the day the group can be used to give a call up a meaning as long as its the right call up. It can even give Reigns a story and momentum as a singles guy.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Breaking up the group would do something for Rollins & Ambrose and i'd even say that having them stick around in the group to get another big guy over does even less for them personally.

Weez

Reaction score
I'm going to go against the grain here and say IF they decided to bring someone in to replace Reigns and say Ryan is a GREAT choice. I've been watching him in NXT. He's not nearly as Green as he was when get got called up for the New Nexus (Can't believe no one has pointed out the Mason Ryan = COntinuing Stables thing here). His matches are decent, squash matches, but YOu don't need Ryan to be Dean Malenko. You've got Rollins and Ambrose for Workrate, and you have a big badass to drop a powerbomb or some shit. In Ryan's few backstage interviews I've caught, he's improved on the mic as well. He's no Rock, but he's clearly comfortable and has this taunting, warning smile he uses as a face that would work the same way used as a heel, much like Rollins and Ambrose already do at times.

Reactions: SAIYANS

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Weez, I agree he's improved. I just think replacing Reigns with muscle is the way to go. I'm not sure Mason alone is the guy. I would be willing to give him a chance. Heck I'd be willing to see the Shield replace Reigns with two guys, so that way Rollins and Ambrose make some singles noise with the group still helping them and they still have a tag team. I just am against the idea of breaking them up all at once, I think this will be a Legacy situation if they all split a part at the same time, and someone will free fall into obscurity like Dibiase

Reactions: Weez

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I've said the same thing before on the topic of The Shield splitting up but I'll say it again.

The most gratifying way for The Shield to end is for the group to completely implode. The Shield has always been a solid unit, they shared exactly the same agenda and never tugged the group in different directions even when there was dissension. That theme needs to stay intact even when they split.

What I want to happen is for the three members to eventually get so frustrated with each other that it reaches a boiling point and they just go at it after losing a match (would be a nice Wrestlemania moment but it can happen on Raw too where we will all see). The reason I want this is because it's so satisfying and a solid end to a great faction. After months and months of The Shield interrupting matches, carrying out The Authority's wishes and ganging up on people, watching the explosion will be glorious.

This report suggests the exact opposite of what I want though. I don't want the members to tug in different directions and splinter away, I don't want them to fizzle out like the Nexus with WWE hoping we don't notice, and I REALLY don't want the group to try and change stuff like adding/replacing members.

I think of it like this: If WWE wants The Shield to add or change a member then I assume they don't know what else to do with the group as it is. So, why not just end it so the members can move on? Let them go out on top? It's a matter of whether WWE wants them to go out with a memorable bang while they have the perfect opportunity, or keep squeezing The Shield for what they can and kill it after fans are sick of it.

... Oh, and Reigns obviously destroys the other two, he's got a big-ass spear waiting for the both of them.

Reactions: PHX and Chris

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I've said the same thing before on the topic of The Shield splitting up but I'll say it again.

The most gratifying way for The Shield to end is for the group to completely implode. The Shield has always been a solid unit, they shared exactly the same agenda and never tugged the group in different directions even when there was dissension. That theme needs to stay intact even when they split.

What I want to happen is for the three members to eventually get so frustrated with each other that it reaches a boiling point and they just go at it after losing a match (would be a nice Wrestlemania moment but it can happen on Raw too where we will all see). The reason I want this is because it's so satisfying and a solid end to a great faction. After months and months of The Shield interrupting matches, carrying out The Authority's wishes and ganging up on people, watching the explosion will be glorious.

This report suggests the exact opposite of what I want though. I don't want the members to tug in different directions and splinter away, I don't want them to fizzle out like the Nexus with WWE hoping we don't notice, and I REALLY don't want the group to try and change stuff like adding/replacing members.

I think of it like this: If WWE wants The Shield to add or change a member then I assume they don't know what else to do with the group as it is. So, why not just end it so the members can move on? Let them go out on top? It's a matter of whether WWE wants them to go out with a memorable bang while they have the perfect opportunity, or keep squeezing The Shield for what they can and kill it after fans are sick of it.

... Oh, and Reigns obviously destroys the other two, he's got a big-ass spear waiting for the both of them.

Could be interesting to see them implode with Authority in the ring...