• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE NXT Star Debuts a New Hacker Gimmick

Dale

Super Moderator
WWE NXT star Solomon Crowe, formerly known on the indies as Sami Callihan, debuted his new hacker gimmick at last night’s NXT live event in Tampa, Florida.

While Kalisto, the former Samuray del Sol, was in the ring hyping up the crowd during intermission, the lights went out and the sounds from an Emergency Broadcast Signal alarm went off. The lights flickered and when they came back on, Crowe was standing above Kalisto, who he had just laid out. Crowe had a tablet in hand, indicating that he had hacked the entire arena and had control over everything. Crowe didn’t speak but pressed a button on the tablet again, turning off the lights and activating the EBS sounds again so he could disappear.

Crowe tweeted:
“11000011110001111111….. Numbers tell the story #SongsOfSolomonâ€

“The Crowe has landed……. #NXTTampa #SongsOfSolomon #ItHasBegunâ€

“@KalistoWWE is the first of many…. You will never….see….me….coming…..11000101110110000101011101 #SongsOfSolomon #NXTTampaâ€

Here’s a photo of his new look:
Think is pretty interesting to be honest. I think it's got potential to work on the main roster because of how love the WWE is in love with social media these days. You have him "hack" the WWE Twitter account, wwe.com and stuff and it will get him more even more promotion to the WWE Universe. Hopefully he shows up on NXT before long so I can get a look at it first hand.

ShanegoFett

I think I can dig this. Its a relevant type of gimmick, which can sometimes flop super hardcore, but if handled right it could be pretty fun to watch. Gonna be interesting to see how it does in NXT, if he eventually gets called up to the main roster, and how often they rely on him having gimmick related finishes to his matches.

Thoooooough his look in that picture kind of just makes me think of a chubby Gerrard Way. So not sure on that. And Hot Topic called, they want their white belt and skinny jeans back.

Rated R Superstar

Good look, good gimmick as I don't think it's ever been done, I could be wrong though. I think he's got some pretty good talent, and a program with Kalisto would be so sick!

Tapout

Reminds me of the Jericode things on Raw. Or when he used to hack the trending thing to go to new "End of The World" videos. I always digged those things so if this is done right, I think it could be really good for him.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
If they go all out with him hacking .com and the twitter account, that'd be pretty cool. Interested to see how it works out, glad they didn't just go with a generic dark character for him.

rawisrey

Who was that guy that hacked Smackdown, cut a promo and then was never seen again? Vansen or something

The gimmick sounds interesting, but I wonder what they are actually going to do with it, like how much reliance is going to be put on hacking. I do like the potential it has if it's played right by the way he's booked as he already seems to be playing the part right. I will say I hope whenever he gets in a Ladder Match he's going to pull a McMahons vs. Austin to make sure he doesn't lose.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I would mark if when his opponent is about to win, the belt gets raised and you see Calihan in the corner with his tablet :lmao

Dale

Super Moderator
I would mark if when his opponent is about to win, the belt gets raised and you see Calihan in the corner with his tablet :lmao
So gonna happen at TLC so Orton can win and The Authority can claim they have no idea who he is.

Rated R Superstar

Taker's been hacking shit for ever, without the use of technology too :adr:

Can you imagine the kind of shit they could do with that! Taker rolls up his eyes, raises up his arms, in comes Crowe saying "Nope" and shutting the power off. Or vice versa. Just for one night that would make me happy. I've barely seen this gimmick and I already want it around for a while.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Like the gimmick don't like the look, looks like bizarro Gangrel wearing black instead of the white puffy shirt.

Luke Flywalker

This is actually badass, but I wouldn't use the EAS with a hacker gimmick... I'd use it more with a military kinda gimmick, or an infidel gimm... oh wait V___V

The Cork

Banned
I like his look, don't really get the gimmick.

Hacker screams nerd to me, not something you should be aiming for as a rassler.