WWE Looking for new "Top Guy"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
But the "top guy" is someone that can carry the company without the use of a manager. And I'm not exaggerating when I say he has the worst mic skills of anyone who can speak, English properly (so Yoshi Tatsu, Great Khali, etc. don't count) in the WWE.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Why the fuck is Ryback getting such a good push right now? He rarely says shit other than "FEED ME MORE!" If he's being considered for a top spot, I think other people should too. But oh well, your opinion really, keep saying what you want.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Ryback doesn't have good, nor bad mic skills, but he's definitely intriguing as fuck and over, which is why he's getting his push. Some guys don't need to talk much, Darren Young would have to because he doesn't have freakish strength.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I don't think he'd have to. Besides, having poor mic skills could sometimes work in his favour. Perhaps acknowledge that he doesn't have the best public speaking skills, but still wants to fight for the crowd and shit?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Once again, none of that screams "top guy." If anything, mic skills are more important than wrestling ability (not saying that's allowed to suck either) when it comes to carrying the company.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Why not exactly? All you say is "carry the company... hurrdurr" and that's about it. My idea could work out really well if used correctly.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I keep saying "carry the company hurr durr" because that's what a top guy has to fucking do. Darren Young does not deserve to be in the same talk as Cena, Austin, Hogan, Flair, Hart, Michaels, etc. They were all top guys more or less for their respective companies at times, and therefor they were the focal point of the company, something Darren Young could never be.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I was never a huge fan of Flair's mic work, but he had some real character.

Besides, I don't think it would be wise for the company to rely on just one person to carry the company.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I was never a huge fan of Flair's mic work, but he had some real character.

Besides, I don't think it would be wise for the company to rely on just one person to carry the company.

The first line is one of the stupidest I've ever heard, I'll agree with the second, but that doesn't change that fact that WWE will probably go that route again even though I don't think they should. And if they do go that route, can you honestly see :Young: as they guy they build their company around?

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
The first line is one of the stupidest I've ever heard, I'll agree with the second, but that doesn't change that fact that WWE will probably go that route again even though I don't think they should. And if they do go that route, can you honestly see :Young: as they guy they build their company around?

And here I thought MY opinion mattered. Honestly, he'd be pretty good to build a company around. But I forgot my opinion doesn't matter, so I'll just wait patiently as you shit on it yet again. You or another "respectful" staff member.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Way to completely change that topic to make yourself look like a sympathetic babyface. You're the one always telling me that "It's the Internet! Don't take shit so seriously!" and now you're complaining about me disagreeing with your opinions, and the only thing I shit on was you saying you didn't enjoy Flair on the mic, and I would have done that if anyone (yes, even a staff member) said it.

Back onto the topic at hand, Darren Young is not a top guy, so far the only thing you've really suggested is him not talk and just go out and fight. That's all well and good, but how many world title holders have done that? Ken Shamrock comes to mind as another guy who was pretty good in the ring (better than D. Young though), but absolutely blew on the mic. He had a nice push, mainly due to how ridiculously over he got (not going to happen with Young, I'm sure of that), but the whole last year in the WWF, he wasn't close to the main event scene, he stayed up there, but never once thought of as a title contender or anything of the likes.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I'm just glad most people on these type of forums don't have any job in WWE, the whole place would fold in a year.

Undertaker

Reaction score
I keep saying "carry the company hurr durr" because that's what a top guy has to fucking do. Darren Young does not deserve to be in the same talk as Cena, Austin, Hogan, Flair, Hart, Michaels, etc. They were all top guys more or less for their respective companies at times, and therefor they were the focal point of the company, something Darren Young could never be.
With all due respect how to you know that? Nobody thought The Rock was ever going to be as big a star as he was in the Attitude Era and still is today just like nobody thought Steve Austin would have been able to captivate audiences around the world. It all depends on how you are booked. The Prime Time Players have impressed me a lot and Darren Young reminds me of The Rock in many ways but he is his own person and its important that WWE use him correctly once him and Titus O'Neil go their separate ways. Saying that Young "could never be" like some of the wrestlers you mentioned in your post is just silly. As much as I disagree with RRS on a lot of things I agree with him (just a bit) on Young.

TKK

Reaction score
If the WWE had any intentions of making Ryder a star why would they pull the plug on him when he had a shitload of momentum and was extremely over? It doesn't make sense. Back when the WWE were trying to make Cena a star they would have killed for the exposure Ryder got. I still think that they gave him a run to get over with the internet fans and then, killed it when they realised that he had reached his peak.

Reactions: 1 person

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
With all due respect how to you know that? Nobody thought The Rock was ever going to be as big a star as he was in the Attitude Era and still is today just like nobody thought Steve Austin would have been able to captivate audiences around the world. It all depends on how you are booked. The Prime Time Players have impressed me a lot and Darren Young reminds me of The Rock in many ways but he is his own person and its important that WWE use him correctly once him and Titus O'Neil go their separate ways. Saying that Young "could never be" like some of the wrestlers you mentioned in your post is just silly. As much as I disagree with RRS on a lot of things I agree with him (just a bit) on Young.

I just got chills. Lol, join the dark side my friends, the era of :Young: shall arise!