WWE Looking At Five Top Superstars To Lead The Company

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Sounds about right to me. I would only debate taking Sheamus off for Cesaro. Wyatt to me is great, but I don't ever see him as a leader of the WWE.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
I don't see the fascination for Cesaro. Having a couple of moves that are over at this point aren't enough to support putting Cesaro in the top five of any company,
I once heard @Seabs use the term 'flavor of the month,' and it applies perfectly in this case. He hasn't broken out yet and all of you are fawning over his 'potential.'
I like Cesaro. He Is A Professional Wrestler in every sense of the word, but there is no logic to support him being a top 5 guy at this point

He's everyone's favorite heel (blah,blah blah... so boring) and would be a great pick to take the IC (unified US) and run with it for a good period after taking it off Ambrose (whom I think needs the rub of unifying it once Reigns breaks away)

Reactions: seabs
Reaction score
How do you make a 'new' list with old information on it? Maybe the list only had 4 names on it for the last year and they just officially added Reigns

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Sheamus...
qsAcl.jpg

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
I definitely don't agree with Cena and Sheamus. Orton, I'm undecided about tbh. As for who I'd choose to replace them- Cesaro and Ziggler.
You would rather have Orton than Cena? Jesus.

Cena, Bryan and Reigns :yay:

Sheamus, meh, don't really care. If they put him against people he works well with then its cool.

Orton :eww:

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
*holds up a sign in the back saying "sami zayn"*
Zayn will be one of those guys in a few years. This is just for coming out of Mania till I presume Summerslam or Mania 31. Zayn will be called up post Mania. He needs to get built up. Zayn is a marketing machine. I strongly doubt they would use him as El Generico but if they had him as that or a luchador gimmick (as much as I would hate it cause of his facial expressions and promos) it would move a shit ton of merch. Even without the mask dude is soooo charismatic and likeable not to mention his fantastic in ring ability. He has a bright future.

Reactions: Snowman1 and Toto

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Zayn will be one of those guys in a few years. This is just for coming out of Mania till I presume Summerslam or Mania 31. Zayn will be called up post Mania. He needs to get built up. Zayn is a marketing machine. I strongly doubt they would use him as El Generico but if they had him as that or a luchador gimmick (as much as I would hate it cause of his facial expressions and promos) it would move a shit ton of merch. Even without the mask dude is soooo charismatic and likeable not to mention his fantastic in ring ability. He has a bright future.

Well the OP did say "for the next few years" haha. Sami won't be called up for a while (nor should he be, losing him would hurt NXT more than it would help Raw) but once he's called up I've got a lot of faith that they're as high on him as the rest of us are.

And no, don't put the mask back on!

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Those guys are the five with the greatest marketing power at the moment.

This is the center of the argument.

Like these guys or not, Cena, Orton, and Sheamus are over with the "casual crowd" and people buy their gear. John Cena is the biggest merch mover of all time, Orton is loved by women who think he's sexy, and Sheamus is, as JC said, a cartoon character. Kids think he's awesome. That's also a big reason why his character hasn't really developed at all since he turned face. Children like simple characters.

Reigns is the future central babyface of the company. He's the "next big thing".

Bryan is the most interesting because he "shouldn't" be so popular. There have been a lot of comparisons between him and other guys from the past (Jericho and HBK seem to be the most popular, although that usually gets the knee-jerk "He's no HBK/Y2J and you're stupid for saying so...durrr!" response), but I think WWE sees him as a lot like Mick Foley. He doesn't have a great look, but he's got definite in-ring ability, an unmistakable charisma, he's tough as they come (although not quite as insane about it as Foley was in his prime), and his mic skills are excellent (I can hear the teeth-grinding from some of you on that...but it's true). Add to those his indy cred (remember Foley's "King of the Deathmatch" title, which he won from Terry Funk), and I'm betting that's what they figure they've got....only moreso. And I think they're going to give him a little more room to run with the ball since the audience is so into him.

As for Cesaro, Wyatt, Ziggler, Rollins, etc., etc., this list doesn't suggest that these guys won't be big someday or even in the near future. It's just who they think will be the biggest guys they can build upon after Mania. In 5 years, that list is probably Reigns, Bryan, Cesaro, Dallas, and Rollins. Or there could be three or four (or even five) other guys on that list then.

wk

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Ayyy Reigns, that works for me.

edge4ever

The Game