WWE Judgment Day 2009 Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

Orton vs Batista
Edge vs Jeff Hardy
Jericho vs Rey Mysterio
Umaga vs CM Punk - Double DQ
Big Show vs Cena
Swagger vs Christian
Morrison vs Benjamin

LKP

I got a sneaky feeling Jericho might win tonight with the whole i won 9 titles also with edge. Developing the story even more.

Edit
I think Also that the Chicago crowd will play a massive part in the ppv.

aufman

Reaction score
Jeff Hardy WILL be world champion and reattain GODHOOD in the WWE. The WWE will give it to him in order to keep him in the WWE. Jeff WILL be the ONLY Hardy to EVER BE WHC. Matt will NEVER EVER BE WHC or WWE Champion.

The Member

Reaction score
CM Punk is cashing in tonight. I haven't followed WWE 100%, but I do checkout the headlines on WWE.com everyweek. JD! is in Chicago, and the reception to the crowd favorite, Punk, cashing in on Batista, (which the two had a feud last year when Punk was WHC), and basically screwing him over would be atomic. Punk will run heel, and the crowd won't know whether to cheer him on, or boo the man. So thus far, here are my predictions.

Randy Orton (c) vs. Batista for the WWE Championship

A Batista match. Not too good, not too bad. Orton can probably make the match fast paced for a bit. Batista will be more dominant tonight, until the end where Orton owns, then Triple H appears to screw Randy out of his gold. He's sucessful in his wrong attempts, and Batista nails the Batista Bomb. Then, as I said above.

Edge (c) vs. Jeff Hardy for the World Heavyweight Championship

From what I've heard this is the case. If it is, then I say screw Punk cashing in on the RAW title. Let him challenge Hardy for the strap at TGAB.

Christian (c) vs. Jack Swagger for the ECW Championship

The ratings say other wise, but Cage versus Dreamer is more appealing than Swagger versus Dreamer. Cage can go heel in an instant, its not that difficult despite what poster's above are saying.

The Big Show vs. John Cena

Disqualification, then continue the feud.

CM Punk vs. Umaga

Let him be 'knocked out' then CM Punk suprises the crowd, and cashes in!
Rey Mysterio (c) vs. Chris Jericho for the WWE Intercontinental Championship

One more suprise upset before Rey Mysterio drops his belt to Umaga maybe, and Chris Jericho goes to the main event.

Shelton Benjamin vs. John Morrison

omfg, how did this match come about? This will be amazing.

The Rated R CMStar

Please, we don't need any Batista or Jeff Hardy reigns now. If that happens, it wouldn't be Judgment Day, it would be freaking armageddon :shifty:

Jeff Hardy WILL be world champion and reattain GODHOOD in the WWE. The WWE will give it to him in order to keep him in the WWE. Jeff WILL be the ONLY Hardy to EVER BE WHC. Matt will NEVER EVER BE WHC or WWE Champion

With his heel work, a Matt Hardy title reign is damn sure looking more appealing than any Jeff Hardy reign.

aufman

Reaction score
Jeff Hardy will fend off Punk after Punk cashes in. He will have a LONG reign as world champion.

aufman

Reaction score
Please, we don't need any Batista or Jeff Hardy reigns now. If that happens, it wouldn't be Judgment Day, it would be freaking armageddon :shifty:

With his heel work, a Matt Hardy title reign is damn sure looking more appealing than any Jeff Hardy reign.

You must be dreaming. Matt Hardy will NEVER EVER be WHC. Jeff is the only Hardy that will be WHC. The WWE will give him countless world titles to keep him in the WWE. Jeff Hardy is clearly the next Ric Flair in terms of world titles. He will surpass Flair and have 20+ world title reigns.

-TJ-

Funny how Superman vs. Big Show is after the Title match of the same brand -_-.

So far the ppv has been good. Edge vs. Hardy will be good as always, depends on Title match and Cena vs. Show to see if this passes Backlash.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Batista vs. Orton was a fairly impressive match, and had some good moments where Orton tried to lose the match without losing his belt. The finish sucked, wish it would have been clear-cut, but they redeemed with the surprise...

Qwake

This PPV started off awesomely! First four matches were all great, Batista Vs Orton was alright, I hate Batista but I was able to get through watching the match with Orton there, alright ending which will keep these two feudig until HHH comes back sadly, also Flair came out which was quite a suprise, I was expecting someone else. Big Show Vs Cena was terrible imo, Show had pretty much all the offence only for Cena to win, it was like the first Cena Vs Umaga title match ages ago, Umaga worked his ass off destroying Cena then Cena gets the cheap win. Edge Vs Jeff was a pretty good match, saw a few new things which kept it interesting, good that Edge retained too, sick of him winning then losing at the next PPV.

I was VERY suprised at Umaga beating Punk in Punks hometown! They must have huge plans for Umaga, that was a great opener and hopefully they continue to feud for a bit, Umaga winning made this match even greater, its like the first time a big dude has won on PPV in ages. Also, another match I really enjoyed would have been Benjamin Vs Morrison, even though they each had a few very minor mistakes the match was good, it started off explosive and kept at it through most of the match, it got good time and both showed what they could do very well. I think what made this match good was that Benjamin showed his mat wrestling skills, he showed that he's not just a highflyer but that he can actually do other things in the ring. Both did alot and hopefully they get another match next PPV or atleats get some recognition for the good match.

:y:

seX-Power

Lennie said:
its like the first time a big dude has won on PPV in ages.

Except for at Backlash when Kane beat CM Punk. But I think these losses to Punk are supposed to make it even more unlikely if he ever cashes in the briefcase and wins the title, though I disagree with that booking. He should be built up and win the title like a face this time imo.

Soulpower

Judgment Day was a good (Not great) show by WWE. No really great matches, but nothing that was all that bad either.

Punk vs Umaga was a good opener, and as expected the crowd was red-hot for Punk. I question the purpose of having Punk lose in two PPV's in a row, but I guess they needed to give Umaga a big win.

Christian vs Jack Swagger was easily the weakest of their encounters, but it was not a bad match by any means. Christian got the win after grabbing Jack's tights.

Shelton Benjamin vs John Morrison was up until this point the MOTN. Both men looked good, and Morrison managed to impress the fans, particularly when hit a Springboard 450 to the outside. Morrison got the win after hitting the Starship Pain.

We got a long segment with The Miz, in which he did a great job at drawing a TON of heel heat (Say what you will about him, but Miz can get people to hate him) by blasting the Cubs. Santino came out, only to get beat up by Miz. Chavo Guerrero came out and hit a Frog Splash on Santino after he was already beat down.

Rey Mysterio vs Chris Jericho was ultimately, the match of the night. Jericho went back to his lucha roots in this one, busting out a Slingshot Splash and an Argentine Backbreaker. Rey gets the win via the 619/Springboard Splash combo, and I'm hoping that this isn't the last match between these two.

Batista vs Randy Orton was one the weakest matches on the card, and to make things worse, we got a shitty DQ finish when Orton decided to slap the ref. Rhodes and Dibiase come out and beat down Batista, until RIC F'N FLAIR came out and cleaned house alongside the Animal. That almost made up for the finish.. almost.

John Cena vs Big Show.. *Sigh*. This was just boring. Worst match on the card. Cena gets his ass kicked for 15 minutes, hits some moves and wins with the FU (FUCK IT, THAT'S WHAT I'M GOING TO CALL IT!). Its because of booking like this that fans still boo John Cena.

Edge vs Jeff Hardy was the good match that one would expect from these two. We had some interference by Matt Hardy, but it really didn't take away from the match. Edge wins after hitting The Edgecution from the top rope.

Match Ratings:

Punk vs Umaga:**1/2
Christian vs Swagger:**1/2
Shelton Benjamin vs John Morrison (***1/2)
Rey Mysterio vs Chris Jericho (***3/4)
Randy Orton vs Batista (**)
Big Show vs John Cena (*)
Edge vs Jeff Hardy (***1/2)

Kaedon

Reaction score
I thought the Punk match along with the main event, the IC Title match and the Santino/Fiz segment made this PPV. Other than these, the matches were really kinda boring. Even the highly touted Morrison/Benji match was only made good because of the spots. Otherwise it was just a TV match at best.