WWE Judgment Day 2009 Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

I couldn't give a bigger crap about Punk.

:smh And you call yourself a Chicago native.

xtremebadass

^^^I know. I am probably the only person in all of Chicago that hates CM Punk. I just don't see what is so great about him.

LKP

Xtremebadass shame on you lol. I get the fact you don't like punk but why don't you like him? I know id rather the ROH Cm punk but we have to except we aint going to see that happen. We have to put up with the wwe's version of him. I know his move set is a bit stale but i think a heel Cm punk may push us towards the Roh Punk. I think Punk vs Umaga can be a good match up on paper but its going to end in a no contest in my eyes. Only because punk is getting a push with the mitb case and star on smackdown. And Umaga is back and he is a monster type guy on his return so he will look solid also.

PeepShow

^^^I know. I am probably the only person in all of Chicago that hates CM Punk. I just don't see what is so great about him.

You aren't the only one.

Also, where'd you get your tickets and how much were they?

xtremebadass

I got mine off ticketmaster first day they went on sale. Money is tight right now so I had to settle for the $25 tickets in the upperdeck. They aren't bad, just a couple rows back from the $35 tickets, there isn't really a difference except they're $10 cheaper.

Reaction score
I dont expect any title changes at this PPV but the card does look pretty awesome

kingovkings

Reaction score
Yeah the card is pretty good im quite looking forward to this ppv. I also dont think we will get any title changes. And i also we may get a HHH run in to screw tista for the title get Orton him DQed for costing him the title and been took out of action by Orton. But as usual i will be way off the mark lol.

xtremebadass

I think if HHH were to run in, the Allstate would explode! They really love Triple H, which is rare these days. I hope they work up to HHH vs. Orton vs. Batista HIAC at Summerslam. That would be sweet!

Airfixx

I dont expect any title changes at this PPV but the card does look pretty awesome

Indeed... Just a shame it's not a higher-profile PPV as I think this will largely serve as a pre-cursor to 'Extreme Rules' a few weeks after.

LKP

Here are my quick predictions guys..
Orton vs Batista Orton retains
Edge vs Jeff hardy Edge retains
Y2j vs Rey Mysterio retains
Umaga vs Punk Punk wins via DQ
Big Show vs Cena Big show wins dunno why or how
Swagger vs Christian Christian wins via dreamers help

Edit Morrison vs Benjamin Morrison wins via Starship Pain

MikeRaw

Shelton/Morrison added. Nice to see them put matches like that ont he PPV, and give guys a push.

seX-Power

My predictions:

Orton over Batista cleanly
Edge over Hardy dirtily
Christian over Swagger via DQ
Show over Cena squashily
Mysterio over Jericho luckily
Punk over Umaga cleanly
Morrison over Benjamin cleanly

Soulpower

Time for my predictions (Winners in bold)

World Heavyweight Championship: Edge (c) vs Jeff Hardy

I expect this to be a fast paced contest between two guys who know each other pretty damn well. I think this will finally be Edge's first long reign as champ and thus, I've got him beating Jeff in this match and retaining the strap.

WWE Championship: Randy Orton (c) vs Batista

I really don't care about this match.. at all. Orton wins.

ECW Championship: Christian (c) vs Jack Swagger

Ratings have been going down on ECW since Christian became champ, so he'll lose the title here. Besides, if WWE is going to go through with the Dreamer storyline, they'll need to have a heel as champion. Swagger wins.

Umaga vs CM Punk (No contest)

Though I believe these two could put on a very good match, I don't see it happening at JD. The match will break-down into a wild brawl, ruled a no-contest, and Punk will get beat-down afterwards because he's in his hometown.

John Cena vs Big Show

I'm going with a classic! Spoiler... Cena wins.

Shelton Benjamin vs John Morrison

The fact that this match is on PPV is awesome. Its obvious that WWE has big plans for Morrison, so I expect him to get the win. I will add this, I expect both men to try and steal the show in this match, so expect a great match from these two.

Intercontinental Championship: Rey Mysterio (c) vs Chris Jericho

I'm picking Rey for no real reason. I'm just excited to see these two go at it again.

PeepShow

* Randy Orton (c) vs. Batista for the WWE Championship

(By DQ)

* Edge (c) vs. Jeff Hardy for the World Heavyweight Championship

* Christian (c) vs. Jack Swagger for the ECW Championship

* The Big Show vs. John Cena

* CM Punk vs. Umaga

* Rey Mysterio (c) vs. Chris Jericho for the WWE Intercontinental Championship

* Shelton Benjamin vs. John Morrison

This PPV should own. Looks even better than Backlash, and if that's the case, it will. Only matches I really don't care to see are Orton/Tista and Punk/Umaga. All the rest is just AWESOME.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Orton/Tista Trips cost Batista the title
Cena/show
Edge/Jeff
Christian/Swagger
Punk/Umaga
Rey/Jericho
Morrison/Bemjamin