WWE Hell In A Cell 2012 Preview & Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Not really right from the get go. It took him 9 months to work his way through the roster from jobbers to Hogan, Ryback is only just approaching six months. And that's with no time in the mid card either.

But he's a major threat though. Just because he hasn't been in the mid card doesn't mean he can't take on Punk. He obviously beats him in the strength category so why not? Maybe it's too soon but it's not hard to imagine Ryback pounding Punk's skull in.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
But he's a major threat though. Just because he hasn't been in the mid card doesn't mean he can't take on Punk. He obviously beats him in the strength category so why not? Maybe it's too soon but it's not hard to imagine Ryback pounding Punk's skull in.

Oxymoron. Ryback vs Punk is too soon. But you are right, how are they gonna swing this with Cena injured? (or perhaps he really isn't?)

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It is going to be interesting how they play this with Ryback/Cena vs. Punk. Surely it is too soon for Ryback to face Punk and it will only result in a lose lose situation. If Punk loses then it would be an underwhelming way to end a 300+ day title reign and if Ryback loses it ruins his streak. The best result, in my opinion, is for Cena to wrestle the match because it would make Ryback look stronger that the champion would be too scared to face him. This all depends if Cena can heal in time to actually wrestle, hopefully he can.

Team Friendship will hopefully face Rhodes Scholars to defend their titles. I am a huge Kane fan and I love what they have managed to do with him and Bryan. Rhodes Scholars really impress me as well, especially Sandow, so it should produce a good match.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Card updated. Gotta admit, Punk/Ryback is certainly the most interesting main event they've run in some time.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
True. Shit, fuck it. Throw the title on Ryback, I'd like to see it.

Altervers

Reaction score
Not even close to being sold on the Sheamus vs Bigshow in hell in a cell. Quite possibly could go down as the worst or at least the most lackluster of any held to this point. Not sure how Ryback will do in the cell either because he does seem to stick to a handful of moves in most matches. At least he is looking across the ring at CM Punk though so i think this will be the better of the 2 title matches. Orton and Del Rio is probably the match i look forward to the most on the current card.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
it's not 100% certain Big Show/Sheamus will be in the cell at this stage. The WWE.com preview doesn't indicate so, and they've made no mention of it on TV to my knowledge.

but yeah, this is gonna be a real test of CM Punk's ability to carry a match. I'm not on the "Ryback is green" bandwagon, but he's untested in long, big match situations.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
yeah, this is gonna be a real test of CM Punk's ability to carry a match. I'm not on the "Ryback is green" bandwagon, but he's untested in long, big match situations.

Well, I think is a good way to test him. It's sink or swim for them both. I think Ryback should go over with the win. Moreso, [MENTION=60]The Linebacker[/MENTION] did you already post the predictions thread for this?

Postman Dave

Reaction score
not yet, I usually post that on the weekend of the show when we're most likely to have a complete card.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE

Castiel

Reaction score
The only match that interests me in the slightest is the tag title match and I don't even know the opponents yet. I'm honestly interested to see if Ryback is any good when his matches aren't just the same squash formula, he's in there with Punk so it should be decent but who knows if they'll work well together at all? Their styles could totally clash.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well, I think is a good way to test him. It's sink or swim for them both. I think Ryback should go over with the win. Moreso, [MENTION=60]The Linebacker[/MENTION] did you already post the predictions thread for this?

It's a good way to test him? I don't know if throwing somebody into the wwe title match is a good way to test them. I think he should have been upper mid-card first but I'm a huge fan of Ryback so we'll see where this takes us.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
It's a good way to test him? I don't know if throwing somebody into the wwe title match is a good way to test them. I think he should have been upper mid-card first but I'm a huge fan of Ryback so we'll see where this takes us.

He's Back!!!! XD

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp