WWE Hall Of Fame Class Of 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Thanks for posting this thread.

As others have said, I believe Edge is much too early due to the fact that he just retired under a year ago and still appears on WWE TV on a few occasions and can still appear later on as a GM type of role. I would of waited a few more years or whenever WrestleMania is held in Canada.

Mil Mascaras was announced on SmackDown when they done a Mexico taping during 2011.

WWE are in a lose lose situation if Savage is inducted its only because he died and he isn't then Vince looks like a dick he can't win in this situation I would honestly not involve him in it at least not for now until the heat dies off.

I'm pretty sure it's because the Poffo family will only let Randy be inducted if the other members of the family are inducted too.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
So Mil being put in was more to put over their shows in Mexico instead of all the work he put in MSG?

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
My last post would of looked weird having this in it so I wanted to do a separate reply with it.

Backstage News On Edge HOF Announcement
The announcement of Edge being inducted into this years Hall of Fame was said to be a popular decision internally as most everyone feels he is deserving of the recognition.
He deserves the recognition but it's still early as I said in my previous post. He could be involved in a few more storylines down the road (non wrestling capacity of course).

So Mil being put in was more to put over their shows in Mexico instead of all the work he put in MSG?

Eh, I don't know, I guess so and due to the fact it was their first Mexico taping ever and now that Del Rio is in the WWE and has some sort of relation with Mil.

pwinsider said:
HOF Update on Mil Mascaras
Mil Mascaras is still going into the WWE Hall of Fame, but WWE decided to announce Edge and the Horsemen last night to help drive ticket sales as they kick off this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WWE better at least put over his MSG work this time before Mania.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
WWE better at least put over his MSG work this time before Mania.

I'm sure they will as the MSG is one of the best wrestling arenas in the world and they'll show a video package sometime later on RAW involving it all.

His induction from SmackDown, some parts may be cut out or shortened due to the fact it's a WWE.com exclusive.

[video=youtube;tEWtIKHcET8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEWtIKHcET8[/video]​

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Thanks for showing that, Hatred. That wasn't shown on SD! from what I remember. Still think he is being honored for his work in MSG for WWE but I should have already known WWE was planning to induct him this year before this thread.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Thanks for showing that, Hatred. That wasn't shown on SD! from what I remember. Still think he is being honored for his work in MSG for WWE but I should have already known WWE was planning to induct him this year before this thread.

All good, and yeah it was shown on SD! because I remember watching it. haha.

JR Speaks on Ole Anderson & Ric Flair's Hall of Fame Status
Amidst speculation as to whether or not Ric Flair and Ole Anderson will be present when The Four Horsemen are inducted into the Hall of Famer this year, WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has posted the following on Twitter:

"Don't know status of Ole Anderson... Knowing Ole, he likely could care less. Will (Ric) Flair be at ceremony? Wouldn't surprise me. TBD."
The four horsemen needs Ric Flair but having him on stage would cause a lot of talk. It got a lot for him just showing up in the crowd during last years, didn't it? I'm pretty sure it was last year with HBK.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
TNA are dumb, they let Nash and Booker work the Rumble when they'd just signed new contracts, so I dont see why they wouldnt let Flair be inducted again. Gives him another ring to lose to Abyss in their shitty storylines.

Killswitch

Reaction score
The Horsemen is a nice addition and probably the first of three groups that should be inducted. nWo and DX being the other two.

Smartmark

The opposite of everyone you have ever known
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mickiejames2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
WWE Touts The Four Horsemen & Edge In HOF

STAMFORD, Conn.-- WWE® announced today that Edge and the Four Horsemen will be among the 2012 class of inductees into the WWE Hall of Fame. The ceremony will take place Saturday, March 31 at the AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami, the evening before WrestleMania® XXVIII.

Throughout his storied career, Edge, known as the “Rated-R Superstar™,†held every major title in WWE. He is a former WWE Champion, World Heavyweight Champion, Tag Team Champion and King of the Ring®. His final match took place at last year’s WrestleMania in Atlanta, where he defeated Alberto Del Rio™ to retain the World Heavyweight Championship in front of a sold-out crowd of more than 71,000 fans. One week later, in an emotional speech on Monday Night Raw®, Edge was forced to retire due to a neck injury. Outside the ring, Edge is a New York Times bestselling author.

The Four Horsemen, consisting of Ric Flair, Arn Anderson™, Tully Blanchard™, Barry Windham™ and manager J.J. Dillon, were the most dominant group of the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) in the 1980s, transcending the world of sports entertainment into all avenues of pop culture. This grouping was the first of its kind, paving the way for the likes of the NWO®, Evolution® and DX®. While the Four Horsemen would undergo many transformations over the years, none would ever be as paramount as Flair, Anderson, Blanchard, Windham and Dillon.

PWI

I personally think it's way to early to induct Edge into the HOF

Vita

Reaction score
Dunno if it's been said but I think the reason you could put Edge in now is because he retired due to injury. it's not a case where he's going to come back, and if he does it'll be YEARS down the road. As such I'm cool with this. if he retired ala Batista I wouldn't put him in because there's a chance he can come back, but I think this situation is fine.

Also no way Rock goes in this year. Zero percent chance, if for no other reason than he's wrestling the next night AND too many big names at once.

Yokozuna is fine. he's been dead for years.

to those saying no 'big names' for the future I give you the following names. Goldberg, Batista, The Rock, The Undertaker, Kane, JBL, Mick Foley, Kurt Angle, Triple H...and I could go on. All are either retired, may as well be retired or will be retired within the next five years. Plenty of big names left.

Reactions: 1 person

Deuce

Reaction score
The Total Package" Lex Luger was on Busted Open with Doug Mortman and Dave LaGreca on Sirius XM Radio. Highlights of the interview are below. You can hear Busted Open every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 2-4 ET on Sirius 94, XM 208.
Whether he was contacted by the WWE about the HOF: "I heard from a buddy of mine this morning, I didn't see it, that they were going to do something with the Hall of Fame and the Four Horsemen and it looked like they were going to plug Barry Windham in there. I know the original group was with Ole [Anderson]. So I always thought it would have been Ric [Flair], Arn [Anderson], Tully [Blanchard], and Ole with JJ [Dillon] which was the original group. Barry Windham obviously is a wonderful choice. I know he has some health struggles. What an honor that would be and maybe a real boost to both Barry and his father who also has some health issues. I think that would be very cool at the Hall of Fame to see Barry get inducted."

On Windham as the pick for the Horsemen for the Hall of Fame and not him: "I think Barry Windham would be a splendid choice for getting inducted. What a great honor for him. I think it would be a great time in Barry's life right now from what I hear, for him to receive that. I'm going to be down in South Beach for Wrestlemania. I wouldn't miss it. I will be in the audience cheering on the guys who gets selected as the Four Horsemen. I'm just thrilled that I was a part of it at all. I think Barry is a great pick."

Whether he feels slighted: "I'll be totally honest, I really don't. My career in retrospect and you guys know the place I'm in, in my life right now and to be mentioned in the same breath with the famed Four Horsemen. To be a part of that in the time I was. I think Barry is a wonderful selection. I'll be there to give him a standing ovation and cheer him on. I am happy I was ever a part of that group so I don't feel slighted at all. They give careful thought I'm sure when they do this. I think Barry would be a great addition. If they are not going to go with Ole then Barry is a great choice. Guys it would really be a toss up after Ole, and WWE for whatever reason is very careful with their selection and give a lot of thought to it like I said. It really could be any of us and if Barry is the selection. I love Barry. He is a great talent and I am all for it, I really am."

Comments by Lex Luger, you can tell he is jealous.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Don't know what you're reading because I don't see the slightest bit of jealousy in there...

Deuce

Reaction score
Why wouldn't he be? They got inducted and he didn't... of course he is jealous.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So? Where in that interview does he sound at all jealous?