*WWE Great American Bash Discussion Thread*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

WWE Champion Triple H vs. Edge
World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk vs. Batista
ECW Champion Mark Henry vs. Tommy Dreamer
John Cena vs. JBL in a NYC Parking Lot Brawl
Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho
Michelle McCool vs. Natalya (Divas Championship)
Miz and Morrison vs Finlay and Hornswoggle vs Jesse and Festus vs Ryder and Hawkins

Soulpower

Miz and Morrison vs Finlay and Hornswoggle vs Jesse and Festus vs Ryder and Hawkins

Moonlight Drive

Why won't they give Punk mic time ot cut a promo like that on TV >_>

J

Enigma22

Reaction score

Cinchino

Reaction score
Its really a shame how on WWE.com there was a poll for who would win the title at Great American Bash. Michelle McCool got more votes than Natayla Neildhart.

Soulpower

Matt Hardy vs Shelton Benjamin for the US title has been added to the card.

Soulpower

Quick ongoing results:

Ryder and Hawkins win the Fatal Four Way to win the WWE Tag Titles
Shelton beats Matt Hardy to win the US title
Mark Henry beats Tommy Dreamer to retain the ECW title, after.. COLIN DELANEY TURNED ON TOMMY!!
Chris Jericho beats Shawn Michaels via ref stoppage (Great match!)
Michelle McCool beats Natalya to win the Divas Title
Punk vs Batista was a Double DQ after Kane interfered
JBL beat John Cena
HHH beats Edge to retain the WWE Title

Note:I'll be updating this with the results.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Only way Ryder and Hawkins could've won it and only way Miz and Morrison could've lost it, in a four way tag.

Funny feeling Edge will take his leave of absense after tonight.

Dre

Reaction score
Ryder and Hawkins vs. Miz & Morrison feud should be good for both teams.

And Triple H might lose tonight IMO, so that he can stay home with Stephanie, his daughter, & his unborn child. Take some time off.

WWE Great American Bash Results from Dave Metzler

Opener is Miz & John Morrison vs. Fit Finlay & Hornswoggle vs. Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder vs. Jesse & Festus for the Smackdown tag title.

Good opener. Hawkins & Ryder won the belts as Miz & Morrison were knocked out of the ring by Festus. Festus and Jesse were about to do a double-team on Hawkins, but Ryder tripped Festus and then Hawkins threw Jesse off the top rope and pinned him.

Matt Hardy vs. Shelton Benjamin for the U.S. title is up now.

In the 1,400th stop and start push for Benjamin, he won clean with the paydirt (another offshoot of a downward spiral, this time a jumping version) after Hardy missed a moonsault. Another good match. Crowd heat was real strong at the finish. Crowd was loud although it was more girls cheering for Hardy and guys for Benjamin, with early on people not reacting at all to the match, just to each other.

C.M. Punk did a promo that really made you think he was no way losing the title tonight because he did the humble nobody thought I can win promo and said if he lost people would think of him as a fluke.

Mark Henry vs. Tommy Dreamer for the ECW title is next.

Colin Delaney turned heel snapping Dreamer's left arm on the top rope and Henry hit the World's Strongest Slam. Match had no heat and the turn and even less heat than the match. At least it was short.

Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels is next. I pity who goes next.

Different match than you ever see in WWE. Somewhat like Samoa Joe vs. Booker without the stupid finish. Jericho bloodied Michaels' right eye up and for several minutes kept doing ground and pound on it while ref Marty Elias teased stopping it. Finally he got a side mount and threw punches and palm blows to the eye and Elias stopped it. Michaels was selling like he couldn't defend himself at all. It was an interesting idea to try something new but it didn't get nearly the crowd reaction you'd expect from a match with these two. Still, best match so far on the show.

Michelle McCool vs. Natalya for the Divas title

McCool won clean with the Brazilian heel hook. As she was celebrating with Eve Torres (who could barely stand because her heels were so high) and Cherry, Chris Jericho came out and said Michaels had a detatched retina and his career is over and that the good guys do sometimes win in the end and he wicked are punished.

C.M. Punk vs. Batista for the World title is next.

They had a good match with a crap finish. Batista gave Punk a spinebuster on the floor. Kane came up and laid out both men so it was a no contest. Kane was carrying around his bag and it sure seemed like the "alive or dead" is referring to the old masked Kane. Kane also kicked a camera man who sold it like it was dead. Batista then laid out Punk with a Batista bomb after the match. Looked to be building a three-way at SummerSlam.

John Cena vs. JBL in the New York City Parking Lot Brawl is next.

They brawled in the parking lot, breaking some car windows. At one point JBL set a car on fire that Cena was in. But Cena came back from that and used a forklift on a car JBL was in and brought him into the arena. They brawled in the arena and Cena used a back suplex. Finally Cena had JBL up for an FU but JBL escaped, threw Cena off the stage onto the car windshield, which shattered. JBL then pinned Cena on the windshield. Cena was bleeding from the left arm. They sold it like both were hurt bad from the brawl. It should be noted that, in fact, coming off Raw, Cena showed up without a scratch on him.

Main event saw HHH pin Edge after a pedigree. Good match, but not great. Alicia Fox came out to hand Edge the belt. Of course Vickie Guerrero came out. Guerrero came out as a babyface and got some cheers but more boos as she and Fox went at it. For some reason Edge went to spear Fox and that made no sense. Anyway, she moved so Edge speared Vickie. And then HHH used the pedigree for the pin.

Rizwan saleem

Reaction score
great yar

i have latest wrestling

helloooooooooo

yar i can post that video

see papy per view

seX-Power

^ what the hell?

Anyway, about the Bash, there was nothing that dissapointed and nothing that I didn't expect. I picked all the matches correctly nevertheless and the things that were meant to be surprising (colin betrayal, kane interference) really weren't that surprising. Summerslam better be better than this. Not that this was that bad, just nothing that impressive.

I marked out at the title changes, lol. The endings to the two world title matches and HBK/Jericho were rather unimpressing but... its the WWE.

Undertaker666

Reaction score
Cena JBL VIDEO

I had some pretty Don Seats

check out my youtube video of the Cena fight on you tube I can;t paste urls b/c i'm new but u can search for my user name there zepphalen and its the first video,. comments welcome

TAKER