WWE General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Re: WWE Tidbits, Rumours & General Discussion

Wrestlemania 2000 was just fine without him. Well, it wasn't because the show sucked but still...

WrestleMania 2000 was fucking awful

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

WrestleMania 2000 was fucking awful
You're fucking awful.

I'll take 2000 just for the fact they let Triple H retain his title and break the predicable booking that always had the baby leave with the strap.

Reactions: 1 person

The Viper

Reaction score
You're fucking awful.

I'll take 2000 just for the fact they let Triple H retain his title and break the predicable booking that always had the baby leave with the strap.

That and the triangle ladder match are pretty much the only redeeming qualities of that show, IMO.

Oh, and Chester McCheeserton or whatever the hell. That was humorous. At least it was when I was 9.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

That and the triangle ladder match are pretty much the only redeeming qualities of that show, IMO.

Oh, and Chester McCheeserton or whatever the hell. That was humorous. At least it was when I was 9.
Shit, the TLC precursor alone makes '00 a great 'Mania.

Headcheese! :lol:

Castiel

Reaction score

Head Cheese made that 'Mania. Best team never to hold the tag belts.

Like Fuji said, Wrestlemania will exist after Undertaker. He doesn't have much left in him at this point. Last years match was enough to keep him away for an extra year at least, hell I'd argue that it was the perfect way for him to go out. There's no unfinished business for him to tend to or necessary feud he must jump into. Punk can join the WWE title match, Brock has Triple H, there's enough star power and the name alone makes it so that Taker isn't needed. At least if he came back next year it would make sense for the big 30 and it would actually feel like it meant something.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Head Cheese made that 'Mania. Best team never to hold the tag belts.

Like Fuji said, Wrestlemania will exist after Undertaker. He doesn't have much left in him at this point. Last years match was enough to keep him away for an extra year at least, hell I'd argue that it was the perfect way for him to go out. There's no unfinished business for him to tend to or necessary feud he must jump into. Punk can join the WWE title match, Brock has Triple H, there's enough star power and the name alone makes it so that Taker isn't needed. At least if he came back next year it would make sense for the big 30 and it would actually feel like it meant something.

Maybe his pride says he has to work WrestleMania as long as hes able to. I'm not sure how working this year takes away from next year.

Castiel

Reaction score

I'm not saying it does, it would just seem more special and make more sense if he did so.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

I can see why people would think that but I believe he should be at WrestleMania every year until he officially retires.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

IMO, you can't really boast about a streak if you defend it when it suits you.

Starr

Reaction score

Little interview with D-Bry.
Eurosport Turkey interviewed Daniel Bryan over the weekend. Here are some (translated) highlights of what Bryan said about:

Being trained by Shawn Michaels and William Regal:

“Being trained by Shawn Michaels and William Regal was a great opportunity. Not everyone gets this opportunity. Imagine what someone like Kaval would be if he was trained by HBK& Regalâ€

Comparing WWE to the Indys:

“I miss the intimacy of the fans in independent scene. They have their pluses and minuses but I can say I miss the fans there.â€

Disliking WWE's Original NXT TV Concept:

“NXT was disrespectful to wrestling in general. The entire show. When Undertaker debuted, he didn’t have to climb ladders or carry kegs. I trained to be a wrestler for a long time, so let me go out and wrestle. If you have me go out and do these stupid contests, you make me look stupid and it’s very difficult to make stars when you already made them look stupid on televisionâ€

His “The Future is Bright for Bryan Danielson†Promo on NXT:

“One of the things people don’t know about NXT is that we were never told what to say, and we never knew the questions people were asking us. When the interviewer asked me “You were a big fish in a small pond and now you seemingly drowned in the sea that is the WWEâ€, my response was “No, this character that you created for me, he’s failed, because you created him to fail. But me, as a person, I’m better than this. I can go out and do, I can do what I’m doing right now, which is capturing the imagination of the crowd.â€

The Choking Justin Roberts Incident:

“I did what I felt was natural, but I am not used to wrestle in a confined environment. WWE has to be very carful about being PG. I wasn’t used to that at the time. I was an independent wrestler, Sometimes I would do things because it just felt right, and when it felt right, it wasn’t right for the company.â€

Being a World Heavyweight Champion:

“Being a world champion is cool, but you don’t just wanna be the champion, you want to be the man, you wanna be the guy they rely on for everything. Even though I was the world champion, I never was the man. John Cena, even though he isn’t the champion, he’s the man, and that’s what you aspire to be. At the end of the day, you wanna be the manâ€

Wanting To Do More Serious Work In WWE:

“I was able to do lots of comedy stuff on Pro Wrestling Guerilla and shows like that, it’s been fun to do that to a wider audience. But now, I’m starting to feel like aching for the more serious stuff, being able to go out there and just wrestle. “

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Raj Giri of WrestlingINC.com recently spoke to 2013 WWE Hall of Fame inductee Bruno Sammartino. During the interview, Bruno discussed appearing on Monday Night RAW the night after WrestleMania on April 8th at the Izod Center in East Rutherford, NJ.

"When we agreed to this, I agreed to do the Hall of Fame, the next night is WrestleMania, then the very next night after that is Monday Night RAW," said Sammartino. "They [WWE] asked for me to go to all three of those, and I said, 'sure, I'm going to be there anyway, why not?' So I did agree."

Bruno admitted that he had "no idea" what he would be doing on the show.

"I think it's just an appearance, but I don't think it's anything special, at least not that I know of unless they inform me of exactly what they want and expect," said Bruno. "But as of now, I just know that I'm going to be making an appearance there, that's all I know."

An appearance on raw? That'd be his first ever right?

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck

It will be awesome to have Bruno on the show. Yes I believe it us his first, but I'm not 100%

Postman Dave

Reaction score

It would indeed.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE

There is currently a petition going at WhiteHouse.gov to designate May 20th as Macho Man [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit ! important]Randy [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit ! important]Savage[/FONT][/FONT] Day. The petition reads:

"[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]Macho[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important] Man [/FONT][/FONT]Randy Savage was a national treasure loved by everyone who watched him on television or knew him personally. No matter if you knew him from Slim Jim commercials or his [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit ! important]wrestling [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit ! important]career[/FONT][/FONT], you felt a deep connection with Savage. Tragically, the world lost him on May 20, 2011. This petition is to set aside that day every year as a celebration and remembrance of the Macho Man's life and to keep his legacy alive for future generations to appreciate and enjoy."

The goal is to reach 100,000 signatures by April 04, 2013. Visit WhiteHouse.gov to give your support.
I signed. Will you?

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

Big E Langston's finisher isn't the least bit devastating looking to me.