WWE General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Starr

Reaction score
Re: WWE Tidbits, Rumours & General Discussion

Honestly it's time for him to hang up the mask and retire. He is young enough to enjoy life after wrestling and should do so why he can still walk.

I agree wholeheartedly. The whole risk isn't even worth the reward anymore. Some times it's just time to hang it up.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Not much of a story but I guess worth a small mention but Miz and Maryse are now engaged to be married.

tCmIv9v.png

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Miz is one lucky SOB.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

So lucky, can you imagine the sex

Starr

Reaction score

It appears Swagger may have smoked himself right out of Wrestlemania

Castiel

Reaction score

Back to the Rey subject, I don't know how to feel anymore. Like LB, Rey's latest return just doesn't make me feel anything. I've never been the biggest fan of his but he can still put on amazing matches, that doesn't change the fact that he's certainly not what he used to be and I definitely agree that he needs to hang it up soon. He's basically in the same spot as Undertaker right now but less exciting and his appearances mean a lot less.

It appears Swagger may have smoked himself right out of Wrestlemania

I think he's safe since they're going ahead with all this Glenn Beck stuff.

Starr

Reaction score

I hope the whole ordeal doesn't derail his push or even push him away from the World championship picture. The WWE needs more talent around the main event scene, and seeing Swagger was a fresh breath and it would be nice to see him involved in it. That's my opinion. I saw the Glenn Beck ordeal, and I gotta say the heat he's throwing at Swagger is actually quite funny. Beck's amusing.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

I hope his push continues especially since they're so close to WrestleMania.

Starr

Reaction score

Yeah, would be extremely pointless in my opinion to scrap it as of now. Sadly I don't see him picking up the win because of the incident though.

Onto the Rey topic, his best years are clearly behind him. I'm with you on his whole return. It didn't seem to phase me at all that much. It seemed really normal, not like a huge star, but like some low tier superstar. Granted there were a few fans, it was clear his best days were gone.

Castiel

Reaction score

I never saw Swagger winning the strap even before this incident anyway. In case anyone missed it, here's the response to Glenn Beck.

Quick version WWE put out:

[video=youtube;MfHJjS_o0Co]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfHJjS_o0Co[/video]

Better uncut version:

[video=youtube;9AJgxbQx0No]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AJgxbQx0No[/video]

Sabretooth

Reaction score

WWE sources note that Jack Swagger was scheduled to win the World Heavyweight Title from Alberto Del Rio at WrestleMania 29. No word yet on what his arrest means for booking plans but WWE creative was working late on Wednesday night to come up with ideas, which doesn't sound good for Swagger and Zeb Colter.

There's talk that if WWE officials saw fit to change the direction of the match, then Dolph Ziggler would most likely get the WrestleMania match with Del Rio.

If Swagger ends up suspended and loses the WrestleMania match, the arrest altogether would cost him upwards of $250,000.

The Viper

Reaction score

I personally think this Glenn Beck situation might save Jack Swagger. It's getting Swagger and the WWE as a whole a TON of publicity and more people are talking about this than Rock/Cena. I can see Swagger still getting his shot and possibly getting the title.

Starr

Reaction score

Hopefully Swagger does get the shot, I'm a Swagger mark, even before the whole Zeb Colter thing. I'd loveto see him go one on one with Del Rio. Only thing that would make it better is if Swagger somehow stayed strong with Ziggler cashing in.