WWE General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Re: WWE Tidbits, Rumours & General Discussion

Sucks for Cena, even more so if this gets ugly.

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com
Man, he's screwed if he was married in Florida. There's so much fine print in Florida marriage law it's ridiculous, and it makes me so very thankful that my ex-wife and I were able to settle our divorce amicably.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

So I'm randomly watching bits and pieces of last weeks SD and I come across this......

W0jmZ.gif

When did O'Neal & Young get so awesome?

Castiel

Reaction score

Around the end of their NXT run with stuff like this:

[video=youtube;iQvsWqPyACk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQvsWqPyACk[/video]

Skip to 45 seconds...

I keep seeing random segments that they have on Smackdown and my God, they're great! What a way to represent how fun NXT is.

Anyways, I checked out the Power 25 randomly the other day and John Cena was number one. This was the week after he got his ass kicked by John Lauriniatis and never wrestled a match. If you can get / remain number 1 on that thing by not doing anything then why the hell isn't Damien Sandow number one? Sandow is amazing.

The Viper

Reaction score

God, those gods (yeah I said GODS) are so fantastical. O'Neil has impressed me a shit ton recently and since Young turned heel a while back in the early weeks of season 5, I've loved him.

BOOM! GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT, THAT'S RIGHT!

Postman Dave

Reaction score

LOL at Titus dancing as Tamina walks away. Making it a win right there.

The Viper

Reaction score

I thought I was the only one that noticed that haha! I fucking loved that. Titus dancing is always a plus.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Eye opening interview with Brodus Clay concerning his Wrestlemania spot. Especially interesting is Cena's role in this:

“The powers that be — we’ll call them — they love to just throw things at me and see how I react. Now, when I saw the WrestleMania guide, I saw a big picture of myself and the Funkadactles and I was like, ‘Huh. OK. Well, maybe I’ll get a match. Hopefully, I’ll get a match, maybe the dark or the battle royal.’ That’s kind of where my mind was at. No way in my mind was I even considering that we were going to be dancing before the main event.

“Then, I heard I had a rehearsal. WrestleMania’s the accumulation of a lot of things. All the shareholders come in for all the meetings with the suits and everything. We had to do a dance for them which is a tough crowd of sponsors and stuff like that who are in power point meetings all day. We’re going to break out and dance for them. I was like, ‘Yo, that’s going to be awesome.’

“That was probably the most nerve-racking thing. Then, we had another rehearsal scheduled and everyone was kind of hush-hush. I saw the bosses were there and I said, ‘OK. So, maybe we got something else.’ Then, I saw a lady that I had met when I used to bodyguard for Snoop. She was his dance coordinator and he used to go to her for dancers for his act. So, I started putting one and one together and [realized] they’re going to try and have this lady teach me to dance.

“So, I thought I had to dance by myself in front of all these people and I was like, ‘This is where it ends. On the grandest stage of them all.’ Then, I saw all these attractive women and I started putting it all together. The powers that be said they we’re going to try to do something that’s never been done before. The way it started, they had all these cool dance moves. It was off the hook. I mean, splits, flips — was is it, is it Crado, Crado I think — they had all that.

“I’m sitting there and I’m going, ‘My people, the Universe, they know the Pterodactyl’ I’m showing them my moves and the dancers are looking at me like, ‘You’ve gotta be kidding me.’ But, that’s what I got, that’s my bag. ‘I’ve got to get that in because anything else, they won’t care. I’ve been working on this shimmy and every once in a while, I’ll do this P.S. Hayes hand thing.’

“A lot of them hadn’t really seen it. So, once I showed it to them, they laughed and said, ‘OK. Cool, let’s just have fun with them. … The second rehearsal, things got cool. Then, the day of WrestleMania, they hadn’t found out where they were going to put me yet. Then it was like, ‘Oh. Looks like we don’t have enough time.’ Then, we found out that we were going to be on between Jericho Vs. Punk and Cena Vs. Rock. I was like, whoa!

“We were in what we call the gorilla — it’s right before you get ready to go out. I think it was the band or prep — something went way wrong. So, they were going to cut [the dance]. It was cut and we got told in gorilla. At this point, I’m committed to it and excited, ready to go. I look at the Funkadactles and I’m like, ‘Guys, I think we just got cut.’

“Cena, he was getting his mind ready and he’s in the corner getting ready to come out because he comes out shortly after. He’s stretching and — this is one of the coolest things ever — he said, ‘If Brodus doesn’t go out, I’m not going out.’ And just walked away. [Laughs.] They were just like, ‘Well, send him out.’

“It was a really cool moment. Everyone talks about Cena but they don’t know that that’s the type of person that he is. So, it was really cool. So, honestly, the reason that I actually went down was because of Cena. He had a lot to do with it.”

EWN

Pretty cool of Cena, even if I hated the spot and thought it was a complete waste of time.

The Viper

Reaction score

That's so awesome that Cena would care so much about Brodus getting his Wrestlemania spot to even think of saying "If he doesn't go out, I'm not going out" (even if he was just shooting the shit because obviously he would have gone out anyway). Still cool to see Cena back him up like that. That's just one of the reasons why I respect that man.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Yeah ok Cena. Your not gonna do the biggest match in history just because Brodus doesn't get his spot. But yeah that's really nice of him

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

Yeah ok Cena. Your not gonna do the biggest match in history just because Brodus doesn't get his spot. But yeah that's really mice of him

tumblr_lzpvfmOwai1qdw4dv.gif

Castiel

Reaction score

That's why you've got to love Cena outside of the ring.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3

That's one of the reasons why I like Cena so much.

Not only is he a great wrestler, but he's a nice enough guy to let Brodus have his time to shine at Wrestlemania.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

- The latest reports are stating that WWE is focusing on TV ratings, and the change n direction is coming from Vince McMahon. WWE's primary goal is the various television projects they have going, and not building PPV buys. The plan is said to be to use their PPV events to bring in more consistent viewers to the weekly television programs.

411mania

Surprised it took them this long to give up on buyrates. Let's see if this renewed focus on TV will pay off.