WWE General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Re: WWE Tidbits & Rumours Thread

A rumor is that when Layla El returns soon she will be pushed with the divas title and Natalya will have the divas title some time in 2012

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

A rumor is that when Layla El returns soon she will be pushed with the divas title and Natalya will have the divas title some time in 2012

Where is this from? Can you please post the sources when you post the rumour? Thanks. :)

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Pwpix.net wrestlenewz.com pwmania.com

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Pwpix.net was the first to find out that Chris Jericho was behind 1/2/12

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Pwpix.net was the first to find out that Chris Jericho was behind 1/2/12

But they aren't in that list of sites so we can't use them as a source. We try to be pretty strict about that around here, so even if they got something right it doesn't mean we're willing to add them to the list.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score

By James Caldwell, PWTorch assistant editor

Several TNA names have appeared in recent reports based on WWE's interest in signing the wrestlers once their TNA contracts expire. The following is a break down of reported names and WWE's actual interest (some or none), according to sources.

-- Beer Money (James Storm & Robert Roode): Last year, WWE had interest in the wrestlers as a tag team, but not as individuals. It would be interesting to see if WWE has re-scouted them as individuals following their TNA split and current singles runs.

-- Rob Van Dam: WWE has interest in bringing back RVD, who was a "free agent" when he decided to sign with TNA in March 2010.

-- Matt Morgan: WWE showed interest in Morgan in 2011, but Morgan noted in a Facebook Chat last year that he opted to "stay loyal" to TNA after being in contact with WWE.

-- Bully Ray: WWE has shown interest in Ray, who has dropped weight and done some of the best work of his career over the past 6-9 months.

-- Ink, Inc.: WWE may have interest in bringing back Shannon Moore, but Jesse Neal is viewed as a developmental prospect, at best.

-- Samoa Joe: WWE does not have interest in Joe. Joe was offered a WWE developmental contract in the early 2000s, but turned it down.

-- The Pope. WWE had interest in Pope D'Angelo Dinero last year when his career appeared to be on the rise, but Pope, who wrestled on the ECW brand as Elijah Burke, has not helped his cause by becoming lost in the shuffle in TNA.

-- Angelina Love. WWE currently does not have interest in Love, who has heat in the WWE women's locker room, according to sources. Love's TNA contract runs through the end of the year.

Is WWE making a mistake by not being interested in Joe? I feel they are missing out on some great matches. Punk and Bryan are both former ROH World Champions, and Joe was THE Champion of Champions at one point, so why not pick him up? Not to mention he has been endorsed many times by guys like Austin on Twitter.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Apparently they were interested back in 2005 when there was a mad dash for Punk, Joe and Danielson, but Joe ultimately chose TNA. Considering Joe is long past his best now, I don't blame WWE for not being interested.

The only one I can see WWE getting from that list is RVD. Maybe Beer Money, but their recent surge in singles careers may lead them to stay faithful to TNA.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8

I believe that Beer Money would never ever ever go to WWE. If Roode and Storm and smart than they would know that going to WWE would ultimatley ruin there career. They would be stuck in mid card and before they knew it being released. They wouldn't want that when there doing well in TNA.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

I believe that Beer Money would never ever ever go to WWE. If Roode and Storm and smart than they would know that going to WWE would ultimatley ruin there career. They would be stuck in mid card and before they knew it being released. They wouldn't want that when there doing well in TNA.

They may decide to do a Gail Kim and do a couple of years in order to save up some money. Kim only left TNA the first time because the pay was so poor.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8

But I assume Beer Money would be paid pretty well in TNA due to there high status in TNA.

Castiel

Reaction score

I can't see Roode & Storm leaving TNA.... I don't understand why it told us who WWE isn't interested in but the only one that I think would rock heading to the E is Joe! Okay, also Pope. Both are just so lost in TNA right now... unless Joe and Magnus won the tag tournament? But still.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8

Pope was already in WWE and that didn't go to plan, He might actually do better if he went back.

Castiel

Reaction score

I loved his first run in the E, and now that they've seen what he can actually do with his TNA run maybe he'd get more of a shot.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8

I also liked his first run in WWE with Sylvester Terkay (What happened to him anyway) but as soon as that New Breed vs Orginals shit was over nothing happened for him.