WWE General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Viper

Reaction score
Re: WWE Tidbits, Rumours & General Discussion

And also Ryback is a much better wrestler then Goldberg.

No doubt about that but on paper, it would so remind me of that 'Mania XX match. Two powerhouses that are extremely over going at it at Wrestlemania.

Even if Lesnar and Goldberg pull full effort, Ryback/Lesnar would still be 10x better.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

- As noted, The Rock is being advertised for WWE's Elimination Chamber pay-per-view in February. Word going around WWE is that he will indeed be wrestling on that show, most likely in one of the Chamber matches. This would be The Rock's first-ever Chamber match.

I'm down with that.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

gonna sound stupid, but they shouldn't waste a Rock match on the EC. Having the Rock compete nowadays is a special attraction, they should save him for marquee singles/tag matches, not multi-man gimmick clusterfucks he can get lost in.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

- Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns made their in-ring debuts at last night's Supershow in Wilkes-Barre. They faced Ryback, Kane and Daniel Bryan in a dry run for tonight's TLC match. The Shield ended up jumping Team Hell No before the bell but Ryback turned things around. The end came when Ryback pinned Ambrose after Shell Shocked. One fan in attendance noted that The Shield looked very good in the ring.

pwpix.net

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE

Man why all The Rock hating. I'm not down with that shit. XD

The Viper

Reaction score

Man why all The Rock hating. I'm not down with that shit. XD

Because he's totally past his prime and repeats himself in his promos over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. His shtick is old and completely tired. He blows himself up 5 minutes into a match (look at Wrestlemania 28 with Cena). I'm sick of him but when he gets back on TV (apparently ONE WEEK before he has the WWE Title match), I'm just gonna stay away from the Rock hate. I was all over it last year when he came back for Survivor Series but I really don't care about him anymore. I marked out really hard when he came back last February but that's it. Got sick of him afterwards.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE

Because he's totally past his prime and repeats himself in his promos over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. His shtick is old and completely tired. He blows himself up 5 minutes into a match (look at Wrestlemania 28 with Cena). I'm sick of him but when he gets back on TV (apparently ONE WEEK before he has the WWE Title match), I'm just gonna stay away from the Rock hate. I was all over it last year when he came back for Survivor Series but I really don't care about him anymore. I marked out really hard when he came back last February but that's it. Got sick of him afterwards.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Kthanksbye

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

:this:

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Kthanksbye
:nope:

How about we elaborate and discuss, not throw out meaningless "wrongs." Kthanksbye

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE

Ain't got to Fuje. Hogan is past him prime. Not The Rock. Sorry he's still a big draw period
So at the end of the day he is still bigger than some of your current talent. No correction he is more over than most of the top stars. So if he is so past his prime like you try to say then how come he puts asses in the seats? At the end of the day I think he is more entertaining than CM Punk and John Cena. Talk about rehashed saying the same shit over and over my fucking ass.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Ain't got to Fuje. Hogan is past him prime. Not The Rock. Sorry he's still a big draw period
So at the end of the day he is still bigger than some of your current talent. No correction he is more over than most of the top stars. So if he is so past his prime like you try to say then how come he puts asses in the seats? At the end of the day I think he is more entertaining than CM Punk and John Cena. Talk about rehashed saying the same shit over and over my fucking ass.
It's a discussion forum, therefore you backup your points.

Now, being past ones prime doesn't mean whether they do or don't draw. It's whether or not they can continue to freshen up their character and still go in the ring. Dwayne can barely cut a promo without jamming all twelve of his 15-year-old catchphrases in. So yeah, he does repeat himself quite a bit. And he's not what he once was in the ring either, although I don't think he's as bad as perhaps Vips does. He probably works as well as Triple H does now, which isn't his prime either. All in all I could leave him but I'm not going to whine about it anymore. It's groovy.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Anybody who thinks Rock vs Cena was a bad match then I just don't know what's wrong with you. But if you think he works as well as he did years ago, then I don't think that's right. The man was entertaining as fuck but when he comes back after 7 years and says the same shit, it gets old.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE

I don't care. Its his catch phrases. I don't see you guys boo hooing when Shawn Micheals and Stone Cold does the shit. The lot of are against it cuz he is in Hollywood. I think at the end of the day I dont enjoy the current product or characters. These are the same people who banned me lol cuz I said Brodus Clay sucked mind you he's using the cat millers catchphrase and theme music btw but I don't see you guys screaming foul.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

I don't care. Its his catch phrases. I don't see you guys boo hooing when Shawn Micheals and Stone Cold does the shit. The lot of are against it cuz he is in Hollywood. I think at the end of the day I dont enjoy the current product or characters. These are the same people who banned me lol cuz I said Brodus Clay sucked mind you he's using the cat millers catchphrase and theme music btw but I don't see you guys screaming foul.
Stone Cold has NEVER once done a promo like the Dwayne where he jumbles all his catchphrases into one.

Austin is one of the best mic talkers of all-time. Try watching one of his promos again before you speak BS... :lol:

Also you were never banned because you didn't like Brodus Clay. I think Clay sucks. Even still he doesn't just rattle off catchphrases.

TBH I don't recall Clay actually cutting a real promo. So a useless point to bring up.

Lastly him being Hollywood is a big part of it. A guy who is too busy to work more two dates every six months shouldn't be getting title shots.

But whatever, like I told you I made my peace with it. He's defeating Punk and then hopefully putting over Cena in the 'Mania rematch.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE

Stone Cold has NEVER once done a promo like the Dwayne where he jumbles all his catchphrases into one.

Austin is one of the best mic talkers of all-time. Try watching one of his promos again before you speak BS... :lol:

Also you were never banned because you didn't like Brodus Clay. I think Clay sucks. Even still he doesn't just rattle off catchphrases.

TBH I don't recall Clay actually cutting a real promo. So a useless point to bring up.

Lastly him being Hollywood is a big part of it. A guy who is too busy to work more two dates every six months shouldn't be getting title shots.

But whatever, like I told you I made my peace with it. He's defeating Punk and then hopefully putting over Cena in the 'Mania rematch.

And Rock is not up there with Austin? Stop the fuckery lol

The Viper

Reaction score

I think Dwayne in 2011-2012 sucks. In the ring and on the mic (except for when they were in Boston and Rock sang the "Johnny Cena went to town riding on a pony...." song). Sure, he's still a draw. Why should I care if he's still a draw? I don't get the money from when he sells out arenas, so I shouldn't really give a crap if he sells out MSG or the Hammerstein Ballroom. Don't mean shit to me. He's still weak as fuck, IMHO (get that, in my very humble opinion). Now I will say that the WWE MIGHT have toned Dwayne down A LOT in the WM build-up so Cena can look really good (which he did and deep down, I really don't think Dwayne needed to be toned down for Cena to look good because at times, in serious moments, Cena is really great on the mic) so that might be a reason why I don't like him.