WWE General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
Re: WWE Tidbits, Rumours & General Discussion

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the new gimmick of Curt Hawkins & Tyler Reks.... I hope you all liked Magic Mike.

[video=youtube;ToLwIWSCDps]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToLwIWSCDps[/video]

In case you didn't know I've been Hawkins' biggest supporter for a long time now and I love this team, of course it's only the first week and it needs to be given time to develop and such but at first glance... I don't know. I don't really like it. I think maybe that's because it's a big step down from wanting to bring Change to the WWE, from that to strippers? Ehh.. The awesome gear and theme are gone, which may not be a real problem but I loved that theme. The new gear is clever though, they're strippers and it looks like underwear. If they can get over like heel Brodus Clay's though I'm all for it! I'm just happy Hawkins & Reks are finally getting a shot so if this leads somewhere I'll be fine with it because these guys are talented.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Kevin is just butthurt that Eddie Guerrero can wrestle circles around him

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Reks is actually a pretty decent dancer :lol:

Look at it like this Cas. They've been giving a new gimmick and a jobber match to enhance them. WWE clearly have intentions on pushing them for at least the next couple of months.

Now, how long a stripper gimmick can survive in a PG environment remains to be seen. Notice how neither commentator used the word "stripper"?

Castiel

Reaction score

Reks is actually a pretty decent dancer :lol:

Look at it like this Cas. They've been giving a new gimmick and a jobber match to enhance them. WWE clearly have intentions on pushing them for at least the next couple of months.

Now, how long a stripper gimmick can survive in a PG environment remains to be seen. Notice how neither commentator used the word "stripper"?

Apparently not long.

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/wwealumni

Tyler Reks has been moved to alumni for some reason, I can't find a single report of him being released but he's there.... could be some sort of fuck up. At least Hawkins is still on the roster....

Postman Dave

Reaction score

well that's weird. Maybe they meant to move Triple H there?

Castiel

Reaction score

Nope, Reks asked for his release. Here's what he wrote on it:

For those that don't have a FaceBook page:

I just want to say thank you to WWE, Inc. for allowing me to be part of an incredible entertainment experience. On Monday, I asked for my release and the company was gracious enough to grant my request.

I realized recently that being a Superstar means sacrificing certain things, including time with my family. As a new father, my heart broke every time I had to leave to go on the road. I didn't ever want to miss another moment with my daughter, so I made the decision to be a full time dad and hang up my boots.

I will miss everyone in the locker room tremendously as they have all become a second family to me. I want to thank my coaches and teachers that really helped me along the way: Fit Finlay, Arn Anderson, Edge, Christian, Kane, Jericho, Dr. Tom, Norman Smiley, and Billy Kidman.

I also want to thank my boys. You know who you are. Especially though, a huge thank you to Hawkins. You were like a brother to me the last year and I'll miss you and will always love you bro. I wish you the best and thanks for understanding that I had to go be a dad. When she's older, and able to realize what happened, I know Mia will thank you as well.

Thanks to all the dedicated fans of #ReksAndHawkins and to The #RekkingCrew. I would never have survived without you.

For anyone interested, I am currently the owner of an Internet Marketing Company that specializes in Search Engine Optimization, Pay-Per-Click, Website Design, and Reputation Management. You can find my company here:

http://www.localm2.com/

If you need any of our services, don't hesitate to contact me. And yes, there's even a cartoon on the multimedia page ;)

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Can't knock his reasoning, sucks for Hawkins though.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Maybe he will get a new partner and a decent push out of it

Castiel

Reaction score

Yeah I'm really just interested / worried to see where they go with Hawkins now. I would love to see them give him an actual singles push especially after just going back and watching some of his matches with Trent Barreta on Superstars a long time ago, they were top notch!

[video=youtube;EG_tfZrYhqM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG_tfZrYhqM[/video]

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I am sure they will find something for him

Castiel

Reaction score

I think a likely scenario would be continuing with what they were doing on Smackdown with Hawkins trying to find a new way to impress Booker T who didn't like the stripper thing and thinks Reks just couldn't didn't cut it.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Good luck Hawkins.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

- Dolph Ziggler's ex-girlfriend Amy Schumer appeared on the Howard Stern show on Sirius XM today and while she was talking about her current and past boyfriends admitted that she used to date Dolph Ziggler. Stern asked her about the relationship and she had several positive things to say about him, but also said she broke up with him because their sex was "too athletic" and that he was tossing her around like they were wrestling.

Schumer noted that she learned a lot about the business and put Ziggler over well; she noted that she broke up with him over Skype and that she found out that he was "a real sweetheart" and that she hurt him. Schumer noted that she still likes Dolph a lot but that it wasn't meant to be.

411mania

Not sure why, but I thought Dolph's bedroom antics might be of interest to some people :lol:

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I love me some Any Schumer I had no idea they had dated.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

I wonder if she went out with him when he was Kerwin White's caddie, Spirit Squad Nicky, or Dolph Ziggler.