WWE DVD Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
CM Punk DVD looks fanatistic, I am really happy that they included some ECW matches and even an OVW match on the set so that we can see the full progression of his WWE career. Perfect choice for the cover will definitely buy this DVD. NWO DVD seems interesting but I will wait to see a full listing before considering buying it, it will be odd with mostly archive interviews.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Punk one I will buy guess they had to include some matches which many fans would not have seen and like you said it does tell the story of his progression. Will be interesting to see if ROH gets a metion in the bio.

Trouble with the NWO and matches is that many of the big matches involving Hogan/Nash/Hall will already be availble on other releases. It is a worth while release but a tricky one to tackle. Another thing they could have done on the extras is have a best and worse NWO members bit where they talk about the names who never should have been added to the group.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
WWE.com has revealed some details about October’s WWE DVD release – CM Punk: Best in the World. The documentary will have a runtime of 1 hour and 50 minutes, in which we’ll “learn all the secrets behind the sensation”, including what “CM” really stands for!

This is not just a DVD, it’s a pipe-bomb! For the first-time ever, experience the rise of CM Punk from his free-spirited beginnings to his explosive transformation into the most unabashed, outspoken and revolutionary champion in WWE history. Fellow Superstars, close friends and the Voice of the Voiceless himself give you unprecedented access to his life in this 3-disc set. From his home, backstage and even his own tour bus, nothing is off-limits as his harrowing story is told. Through this 2-hour documentary and mind-blowing wealth of exclusive, NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN special features, learn all the secrets behind the sensation. What is CM Punk like outside the ring? Why does he choose to be Straight-Edge? What does “CM” really stand for? What is the most insulting thing you can say to him? And what inspires his blistering rants on the mic that have endeared him to a world-wide audience? These questions and so much more are answered in “CM Punk: Best in the World”!

CM Punk: Best in the World will be released in October 2012 to all regions. The street date for the United States is October 9th, and Shock Australia is releasing on the same date.

Fans in the UK and Europe can pre-order a copy now over at Silvervision.co.uk.

WWE.com has also released these behind the scenes photos of CM Punk on location filming for the DVD. I'll just post them all in HQ below.

1UE2C.jpg

00oaf.jpg

F2akk.jpg

n6CTs.jpg

BWo16.jpg

dqQ5p.jpg

TyyCv.jpg

DErMR.jpg

OisGk.jpg

sfMud.jpg

5xSND.jpg

iHeFw.jpg

fOcHg.jpg

7pSat.jpg

JVVzR.jpg

fOgBZ.jpg

Can't wait for this one! DVD looks awesome. I like these kind of personal 3dvd sets.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Thing about the MITB dvd is... why do they even bother adding text when Cena is holding up a briefcase that says the exact same thing? Could have just zoomed in more on the briefcase and it actually would have been a decent cover.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
As we announced here a few weeks ago, this October WWE will be releasing a Collector’s Edition of the 2003 DVD: Brock Lesnar: Here Comes the Pain, and today we can exclusively reveal the cover art!

brockcollector.jpg

The night after WrestleMania XXVIII, Brock Lesnar made a shocking return to the ring and leveled John Cena with an F-5, sending a message that after 8 years, the pain is back. In 2002 & 2003, “The Next Big Thing” brought it to the biggest & baddest competition in WWE, becoming the youngest WWE Champion of all time, and a household name overnight. His awe-inspiring physique, amateur championship pedigree and affinity for punishing opponents made him an unstoppable force in the ring.

Now, after years of dominating the MMA scene, Brock is back and looking to steamroll the biggest Superstars of today. This DVD set includes the original 2003 documentary ‘Here Comes The Pain’ plus 30 minutes of new interview footage, and 6 hours of matches not included in the original DVD. Featuring classic matches against Hulk Hogan, Undertaker, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio & more, plus Brock’s controversial comments upon his return to sports entertainment!

How fucking lazy.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
[video=youtube;5K9nH42bIro]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K9nH42bIro&feature=plcp[/video]

New trailer.

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
As if I needed to be pumped about this even more that trailer is unbelievable.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
The official trailer for WWE Rock vs. Cena – Once in a Lifetime has today been revealed by Silvervision.co.uk. It is set for a September 11th release date on DVD/BD.

Fans in UK/Europe can pre-order a copy also for September through Silvervision.co.uk. If you’re in Australia you can do the same over at WWEDVD.com.au!

[video=youtube;10cZ8edjBxw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10cZ8edjBxw[/video]

Nice trailer I guess. Nothing special. I wanna see the different footage from the WM28 match though. Hope there's more than just a couple small moments from the match. I'll get the DVD but I'm not overly excited.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
WWE issued a survey to fans today gauging their interest in future WWE DVD and Blu-Ray releases with the potential titles and topics being: *Best of WCW Great American Bash
*Best of WCW Nitro Volume 2
*Best of WCW War Games
*Raw 20th Anniversary Box Set
*ECW Unreleased Volume 2
*Money in the Bank Anthology
*Mick Foley documentary
*The History of the WWE documentary
*Triple H documentary.
*The Best Matches of World Class Championship Wrestling
*The Best of WWE In Your House
*Goldberg
*Bret Hart's Best Unreleased Matches
*The Top 25 Rivalries in History
*The Top 20 Divas in History
*The Best of the Giants

Some decent options here on the survey. The one that appeals to me most is a History of WWE documentary if they actually go right back to the start. The best matches of World Class would be great as well, seen some matches on other compilation DVDs and the matches stand the test of time.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Yeah either the WCCW one or the unreleased Bret Hart match one. A lot of the others are just grasping at straws. I refuse to vote though because I'm sure we would just end up getting fans wanting the MITB anthology or some other trash.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Bret Hart's Best Unreleased Matches, Mick Foley documentary or Triple H documentary :wank:

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I like the sounds of all these to be honest.

Best of WCW Great American Bash
*Best of WCW Nitro Volume 2
*Best of WCW War Games
*Raw 20th Anniversary Box Set
*ECW Unreleased Volume 2
*Mick Foley documentary
*The Best Matches of World Class Championship Wrestling
*The Best of WWE In Your House
*Bret Hart's Best Unreleased Matches

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Personally for me when it comes to PPV DVDs, I want all of them not just random matches. It doesn't have the same feel at all. Also I don't care about docs too much, I'm more in this stuff for the matches.