WWE DVD Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I really want a Christian dvd.

Does he have enough big matches to sell the DVD?

Plus i doubt it will ever happen, as Vince loves shitting on him for some unaparent reason.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
In 2011 alone he had some really good matches with Orton so they could be put on the DVD, had a good match with Sheamus so add that one as well. In ECW he had some good matches so there are a couple more. Then they can head back a long way and add some early matches from the days when he was the Light Heavyweight champion and IC Champion. He doesn't have too many high profile matches but overall I think there is plenty of quality footage to sell a DVD.

What about releasing an Edge and Christian DVD that focussing purely on their work as a tag team? Or make it a rivalry DVD and include the Hardys and even the Dudleys in the DVD, plenty of top matches to choose from to fill that DVD.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I know I could come up with a good list of Christian matches in WWE. Not sure what WWE would do if they undertook such a task.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Sheamus vs. Christian - Vengeance 2011 or Hell in a Cell 2011
Randy Orton vs. Christian - Money in the Bank 2011
Randy Orton vs. Christian - Capitol Punishment 2011
Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio - SmackDown – 18th March, 2011
Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio - Extreme Rules 2011
Edge vs. Christian - Raw 17th May, 2010
Christian vs. Jack Swagger - Backlash 2009 (i'm pretty sure their is other 09' ecw matches)
Christian vs William Regal (Some ECW mid/late 09 matches)
Christian vs. Shelton Benjamin - WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs December 2009

also throw in some 05 matches from Raw and smackdown, his feud with Jericho from 04 and with Benjamin for the IC title. 03 IC title regin matches with Booker and RVD for 02 maybe his tag title win with the un-american's and euro champion and 99/00/01 tag matches with edge. And 2/3 segments that must be 2 disc's of pretty solid matches i would buy.

Reactions: 1 person

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I would mark hardcore for a E & C, Dudleys, Hardys DVD.

Dont know how the rivalry aspect would work since more then half of the guys are in TNA or just whacked out of there mind (Hardys)

Deuce

Reaction score
I just bought the DX dvd from 2006, New and Improved is what the name of the dvd is, I'm pretty sure. Thoughts?

Smartmark

The opposite of everyone you have ever known
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mickiejames2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Good News For Edge Fans

WWE will be releasing "You Think You Know Me - The Edge Story" on DVD and Blu-Ray on 4/10.

The release will chronicle Edge's career and life in the business. A number of names from within WWE as well as names like Rhino, who broke in the business with him and worked the indy scene with Edge before they became well known names, were interviewed for the documentary portion of the release.

The DVD looks to be timed to coincide with WWE Studios' "Breaking The Rules", which stars Edge.

PWI

Not really interested i this one

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
i will be buying that edge dvd for sure. If its anything like the austin one.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Just received the Stone Cold Steve Austin: The Bottom Line On The Most Popular Superstar Of All Time today that I won from the WrestlingSmarks December competition, might watch some of the discs shortly.

Also, I'll probably just download that Edge DVD. It doesn't sound too interesting though, I wanna see who else will be on it besides Rhino.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Edge DVD should be good especially the documentary part considering they had guys like Christian and Rhyno sit down and answer some questions as well.

Word is that the HHH DVD/Bluray that was planned for 2012 has been pulled for the time being. It is no longer listed as a future release but I assume it has just been pushed back by six months.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Edge DVD should be good especially the documentary part considering they had guys like Christian and Rhyno sit down and answer some questions as well.

Word is that the HHH DVD/Bluray that was planned for 2012 has been pulled for the time being. It is no longer listed as a future release but I assume it has just been pushed back by six months.

I wouldn't mind a HHH DVD, it'd be pretty good but would it be full of matches of him burying people? :lol:

I want the CM Punk and The Rock one released ASAP, they will be an amazing watch.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The Rock one comes out on Feb 21 in the US and I think the Punk one is due to be released around WM.

WWEDVDNews said:
WWE Hall of Famer Dusty Rhodes posted on Twitter this week (@DustyWWE) that he’s been doing “DVD workâ€￾ for WWE lately, yesterday revealing that he will be hosting an upcoming release.

He is keeping quiet for now on what exactly that is, but the project that comes to mind immediately is The Best of War Games. Back in February of last year we heard first hand from WWE that this was a DVD under consideration so perhaps now is the right time.

Given that Dusty Rhodes is the host, we feel the feature is bound to be WCW themed, and we know WWE DVDs with this theme are consistently top sellers.

Aside from WCW, and going off WWE’s “intent to purchaseâ€￾ survey of last year, the only other two options that may loosely relate are,

- The Greatest Moments at Madison Square Garden,
- The Brutal History of the “I Quitâ€￾ Match.

I hope that this is a Best of War Games DVD. WWE should aim to release at least one WCW themed DVD each year since they have all that footage in their library plus they sell so well. Would be fun listening to Dusty Rhodes talk and introduce nine hours of footage. Slightly surprised that DDP didn't get the gig again IF this is a WCW themed release since he did a great job with the Nitro set.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I won't be getting The Rock's because I can already guess what the DVD will contain and I don't really like The Rock. Definitely getting the Punk one as that DVD should be awesome and I hope they give us an insight in to his indy career as well. The Edge DVD also seems interesting, I've always like the WWE Documentary DVD's so will probably buy it just for that, it seems a bit strange that they are releasing it so soon after a decade of decadance though.