WWE: Do or Die

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Best Match: HBK/Jericho vs. Batista/Edge

Worst Match: n/a

Best Promo: It will be the Highlight Reel, you've changed it and made the two square off and beat each other.

Worst Promo: John Morrison and Shane Mcmahon.

Additional Feedbacks: So Batista is the heel here and it looks good but I still can't believe Edge and Batista can team up after their history, lol... It's a good first show and I've managed to see some storylines and feuds building up.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Ted DiBiase Jr vs Cody Rhodes: Pretty short, but it follows through with the objective of putting Ted over on debut, and builds him up for if he wants a tag title shot. It flowed pretty well, and a nice clean finish.

Chris Jericho/Edge promo: Nice build up for a beginning of a feud. I liked Edge showing off his title.

CM Punk vs JBL: The ending seemed a bit messy to me, but the rest of the match was good. Logically JBL would get all of the offense after a sneak attack and that’s what you did.

Batista/HBK: Much like their real promo, not much changed at all. I’m guessing you just remembered that and did it lol.

John Morrison promo: Weird, but whatever. I don’t see Morrison doing that.

John Morrison vs Shelton Benjamin: Probably the best match of the night so far, as it flowed the best throughout. Cheap finish kind of wrecked it for me, but good match nonetheless.

Mysterio match announcement: Felt too rushed.

Jericho/Michaels vs Batista/Edge: Pretty good match that was weird as you had the Number One Contender get pinned. Restart was a bit weird, but I see that you are trying to make Shane as heelish as possible.

AC: Not your best show, but nothing really bad either. I felt your promos weren’t as good as usual, but I am sure you will be back to your best soon.

xtremebadass

BM: Jericho and HBK vs. Batista and Edge. Odd how the match just ended, it was an elimination match, Batista should have been eliminated and Edge should have stormed in and got the quick cover on HBK for the win, typical Edge, but seeing is how this is a WWE BTB, they never had actual finishes to matches, I got to give you the big thumbs up for realism :)

WM: Cody Rhodes vs. Ted Dibiase Jr. I am glad you are pushing Dibiase in the right direction thus far, lets see where you take him.

BP: Highlight Reel was pretty cool. I was still expecting Edge, lol

WP: N/A

AC: Really great first show, love Jericho vs. Edge for Backlash, should be great!

Haight

Reaction score
BM: Main Event Part 1

WM: Rhodes/DiBiasie Jr.

BP: Batista/Michaels

WP: The exchange between Morrison and Shane in Shanes office seemed a little rushed. Morrison demands a IC title shot and then all of a sudden he's in the match?? It would of been more realistic if Shane and Morrison argued a little bit more and then agreed to terms or something

AC: Real good first RAW. Some of the promos could have been lenghtened a bit and also The Everblades Arena is now 'Germain Arena.' but other than that...good job!

R: 7/10

CT Styles

Official RAW Preview, April 21

After last week's Main Event where Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho teamed up to take on the team of World Heavyweight Champion Edge and Batista, Shane has announced that it will be a reversal of the four men's Backlash matches. Shawn Michaels will be taking on Chris Jericho's opponent World Champion Edge and Chris Jericho will be taking on Batista, Shawn Michaels' opponent. With Backlash just 13 days away, who will be able to gain the most momentum going into their matches? Will Batista and Edge plan an attack similar to last week's? Or will The Show Stopper and the Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla be able to gain the upper hand against these two quality opponents? Tune in this Monday on the USA Network to find out!

Mr. Kennedy tricked CM Punk into wrestling JBL last week and CM Punk has expressed his thoughts on that. Punk claimed that Mr. Kennedy was a coward and that he wouldn't have the guts to face him one on one. Kennedy went to Shane McMahon during the week and requested a match. Shane accepted the request and it is now official. Mr. Kennedy vs CM Punk for the Money in the Bank briefcase. How will CM Punk react to this? You will have to find out on RAW when CM Punk expresses his feeling towards Mr. Kennedy.

Rey Mysterio had just entered the arena when Shane McMahon announced that he would be defending his Light Heavyweight Championship straight away. Due to this, Rey lost the title to Carlito and has been granted a shot at revenge on Carlito. It is Rey Mysterio and Jeff Hardy vs Carlito and Shelton Benjamin. Rey Mysterio says that Shane McMahon made a bad decision and Rey Mysterio was going to make Carlito pay for it. Will Carlito have yet another victory or will Rey Mysterio have the last laugh? Also in this match are Jeff Hardy and Shelton Benjamin who are Rey and Carlito's respective partners. These two were at it last week when Shane announced the Intercontinental Championship, will they take it beyond a tag match and just go at each other?

Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder will be present at this week's RAW. Could Edge have instructed them to weaken His and Batista's opponents or are they just there in hope of being booked for a match. Something smells fishy. To find out what happens and more tune into RAW this Monday night LIVE from 'Insert City'!

Confirmed Card

Shawn Michaels vs Edge

Chris Jericho vs Batista

Rey Mysterio & Jeff Hardy vs Carlito & Shelton Benjamin

CM Punk and Mr. Kennedy face off in the ring.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
BM: Main event- this really solidified Batistas heel turn. I did find it odd that Edge and Batista would work so well together.
WM: Cody vs. Ted- There was nothing wrong with this match at all, it's just was my least favorite.
BP: Highlight reel- all of the promos felt in character and it was written very well.
WP: Shane/Morrison- It made Shane look like someone who would just give into threats and let the wrestlers walk over him.
AC: Good first show. Backlash has a good looking line up so far.
Plug: feel free to check out my BTB POI Wrestling, maybe drop a review.

CT Styles

RAWBannercopy-1.png

'To Be Loved' hits and The pyrotechnics go off on the stage as the April 21 edition of Monday Night RAW is about to take place. Fans cheer and chant for their favorite superstars.

'Here Comes the Money' hits and Shane McMahon comes down to the ring in his usual suit.

Shane: Welcome everyone to another edition of Monday Night RAW. You know, I think I'm running this place pretty damn good if I say so myself.

Crowd boo.

Shane: But I'm afraid I'm going to have to break something to you that will make you all quite upset and letdown. I'm going on vacation for a while and I won't be able to run this place next week or for weeks after that until I return.

Crowd cheer.

Shane: But don't worry Ladies & Gentleman because my replacement will be opening next week's show and you're gonna love him! I'm not going to give away who he is, I'll keep it a surprise but you're in for a big couple of months!

Crowd don't really know how to act.

Shane: So I bid you farewell for now, I'll still be running the show tonight but this will be my official goodbye. For now.

Cole: Well what a surprise that is, King. Shane McMahon going on holidays and RAW having a new General Manager! I wonder who it could be?

King: I'm not sure but I'm sure it'll make a hell of an impact.

Cole: Anything to do with General Managers makes an impact and I'm sure this will have no exception. And no doubt this Sunday's Backlash will make an impact!

Video Package of the already announced matches airs.

Commercial Break

'Turn Up the Trouble' hits and Mr. Kennedy comes down to the ring with a smirk on his face as usual. He enters the ring and does his usual theatrics and has the microphone drop from the ceiling as the lights go out and they leave just a spotlight on Kennedy.

Kennedy: Ladies & Gentleman, Boys and Girls I am, MISTERRRRR KENNEDYYYYYY... Kennedy! And I am here for one reason and one reason only and that is to call the Straightedge loser out here. The reason for this is because during the week, I went to Shane McMahon and I requested a match. At first he was reluctant but I managed to change his mind and we made it official. Mr. Kennedy versus CM Punk for the Money in the Bank briefcase! At Backlash! So CM Punk, what are your thoughts on that?!

'This Fire Burns' hits and Mr. Money in the Bank comes down to the ring.

Punk: Kennedy... Kennedy!, You know what? I'm glad I have a match with you at Backlash, because it's you and me, one on one. You can't back out of this match like a coward like you did last week, because there's something you want in this match. This.

Punk lifts up the briefcase.

Punk: So when I walk into Backlash holding this briefcase, kick your ass, walk out. I'll be a happy man and it'll be all thanks to you, Ken so that you.

Kennedy laughs.

Kennedy: When you think like that, I swear to god you're not straightedge. Sure you haven't sneaked in a few coldies backstage? Because if you think that's what's gonna happen at Backlash, you're off your face. Because I will be the one that walks in without what's rightfully mine, kick your ass, walk out with what's rightfully mine and make me happy, so I thank you for having this match because I can get back..

Kennedy walks closer and gets in Punk's face.

Kennedy: ... What's mine. And the announcer will announcer the winner, MISTERRRRR KENNEDDYYYYYYY!

Kennedy looks at Punk before climbing up the turnbuckle and still looking at him.

Punk: Kennedy!

Kennedy glares at Punk and hops down.

Kennedy: What the hell do you think you're doing!? No-one, interrupts Mr. Kennedy!

Punk: Except for CMMMM PUNNNK...

Kennedy smacks the microphone on the head of Punk and then unloads some right hands to the cut. He then throws Punk to the corner and unloads some more right hands and some kicks. Security and referees come down and separate Kennedy and Punk.

Shane then appears at the top of the ramp.

Shane: Punk, Kennedy, pick yourselves some representatives. Because you two are managing them.

Punk and Kennedy are being pulled away by security and then have confused expressions on their faces.

Kennedy gets away from his security and grabs a microphone.

Kennedy: But there's no-one available.

Shane: That's your problem, Kenny.

Kennedy: One. Don't call me 'Kenny' and Two. This is stupid and unfair.

Shane: What are you going to do? Seriously?

Commercial Break

'Booyaka 619' hits and Rey Mysterio comes down tot he ring with a pop.

Cole: Now for our opening encounter, Rey Mysterio and Jeff Hardy, gee, what a pairing. They'll be taking on Carlito and Shelton, this is going to be an amazing match, don't you agree, King?

King: These four have amazing athletic talents and I'm sure they'll be showcasing them tonight, Cole. I'm excited for this one!

'No More Words' hits and Rey's partner, Jeff comes down to the ring.

Cole: The former intercontinental champion, Jeff Hardy. I look forward to what he and Rey can produce tonight.

'Ain't No Stoppin' Me!' hits and Shelton Benjamin comes down to the ring.

Cole: Now this man has unbelievable athleticism and could be the most athletically talented man in the game.

King: If he's not he couldn't be far from first.

Cole: Well when you take a look at what Shelton Benjamin has done it's hard to argue against him being the most athletically talented.

'Cool' hits and the Light Heavyweight Champion Carlito comes down to the ring.

Cole: The current Light Heavyweight Champion Carlito, whom defeated Rey Mysterio for the title last week.

King: There'll be some bad blood in this match I think.

Match 1
Tag Team
Rey Mysterio and Jeff Hardy vs Carlito and Shelton Benjamin

Mysterio and Shelton start off in the ring. They move into the center of the ring after briefly warming up. They lock up and obviously Benjamin wins the lock up and locks Rey in a side headlock. He then pushes Mysterio to the ropes and releases the hold to rebound off the ropes and run to the opposite ones. He rebounds and goes for a shoulder bock but Rey greets him with a drop-toe-hold and Benjamin goes face-first down to the canvas. The crowd cheer as Rey uses this as a momentum booster. He starts to stomp away at Benjamin and the crowd get behind him. He gets down to the canvas and sits on the back of Benjamin, hammering away at his vulnerable back until Carlito runs in the ring and kicks Rey from behind, thus breaking up Rey's offensive tactics. Benjamin starts to get to his knees, nursing his back. He then makes his way towards Mysterio and guides him up to his feet and presses him against the ropes and whips him to the opposite ropes. Rey rebounds and Benjamin shows off his athleticism by jumping with his legs spread over Rey and Rey continues to the opposite ropes. He rebounds again and Benjamin catches him with a spinning heel kick and tags in Carlito.

Carlito comes into the ring and quickly hooks the leg of his rival, 1...2 Rey kicks out to cheers. Carlito isn't impressed and guides him up to his feet. He then kicks Rey in the gut and runs to the ropes beside him and rebounds off using the momentum from the ropes to nail a swinging neckbreaker. But Rey stood back and Carlito falls down to the canvas. Rey then turns around to leap at Jeff Hardy and get the tag. A fresh Jeff enters the ring and charges at Carlito, taking him out with a clothesline and continues on to Carlito's corner and knocks Benjamin off the apron with a forearm shot. Hardy turns around to a recovered Carlito at the opposite side of the ring and runs at him and connects with a kick to the gut but Carlito catches. Jeff then hops on one leg before planting a mule kick to the chest of Carlito and that knocks him back down. Jeff gets back up, still full of life and grabs Carlito's feet and spreads them apart, he is about to attempt a leg drop to the groin but an angry Shelton Benjamin runs in the ring and attacks Jeff from behind with some rights and lefts. Hardy stumbles forward and loses his feet. This gives Carlito a chance to get back to his feet.

Carlito manages to get to his knees and grabs Jeff from behind and rolls him up, 1...2.. Jeff kicks out. Jeff gets back to his knees as does his opponent. Carlito comes from the side and unloads some right and left hands at Hardy who replies with some forearm shots that gain him the upper-hand. Hardy then turns around to the ropes behind him and bounces off them, only to run into a backdrop from Carlito who goes to his corner and tags back in Shelton Benjamin. Benjamin jumps over the ropes and bounces around Hardy energetically as he usually does and then connects with a jumping knee drop to the face of Hardy. Hardy sits up nursing his face only to be pushed back down again by Benjamin who covers him, 1...2 Hardy kicks out. Benjamin rebounds off his corner's side of the ropes and gets a blind tag from Carlito. He then cockily runs to Hardy's corner and tries to land a punch on Rey but he ducks and thrusts his shoulder into the midsection of Benjamin through the ropes. Benjamin turns around into Hardy who plants an uppercut on Benjamin. Benjamin stumbles back around groggily and Mysterio springboards off the ropes and connects with a West Coast Pop.

Benjamin is down and out and Hardy goes for the pin, 1...2... Carlito manages to break it up just in time. Rey Mysterio comes out of nowhere and connects with a West Coast Pop on Carlito as well and that takes care of Carlito. Jeff then takes his shirt off and throws it into the crowd before climbing up to the top rope and leaping off with a Swanton Bomb which connects successfully with Benjamin. Hardy gets back up and drags Carlito so he is leaning over the second rope. Hardy then tags in Rey and Rey runs to the ropes behind Carlito and then connects with a 619 on Carlito. Carlito groggily struggles to get back to two feet but does and receives another West Coast Pop that is turned into a pinning predicament, 1...2...3

Winners - Rey Mysterio and Jeff Hardy via Pinfall

Cole: Well that would've been sweet for Rey, getting a pinfall over his rival and opponent for Backlash, Carlito.

Commercial Break

Backstage

CM Punk and Mr. Kennedy are seen walking backstage looking miserable as the only representatives they could find for each other were DH Smith and Ken Doane respectively.

DH Smith's music hits and he comes out accompanied by CM Punk.

King: Well that's a bit of a letdown for CM Punk, only managing to find DH Smith to be his representative.

Cole: Don't underestimate Smith, he can wrestle.

King: But surely he's not the best RAW has to offer.

Cole: He's probably the best RAW has to offer that is available.

Ken Doane's music hits and he comes to the ring accompanied by Mr. Kennedy.

King: I'm going with Mr. Kennedy's Ken Doane on this one. I think that he'll be too quick for DH Smith and will be able to get some quick, cheap offensive maneuvers in there.

Cole: Well I'm going with DH Smith, I think he'll overpower Ken and give CM Punk and himself, the win.

Match 2
Single w/Managers
DH Smith w/Mr. Money in the Bank CM Punk vs Ken Doane w/Mr. Kennedy

Smith and Doane circle the ring before gradually moving in to lock up. Smith pushes Ken to the ropes and the referee separates them. Ken then uses the ropes to rebound off and nail a forearm shot to the face of Smith, but that doesn't knock him down. Smith stumbles a little from the impact and Ken whips Smith to the ropes and greets him with a spinning back elbow on the rebound. Smith falls down to the canvas and Ken covers, 1... Smith kicks out strongly. Ken gets some support from Kennedy as does Smith with Punk. Smith gets back up to his feet and meets Ken who immediately unloads some right hands to the face of Smith, trying to weaken him. Smith starts to become more groggy and Doane kicks him in the gut and follows that up with a knee to the face. Ken likes the effect of that and continues that. Smith seems really groggy and Ken sees the opportunity to make a major move in the match-up and plants Smith with a DDT. Ken then turns him over and hooks his leg, 1...2 Smith kicks out quicker than expected and Kennedy and Ken show their frustration. Punk gives Smith some support as he gets back up.

Smith slowly gets back up to his feet and Doane is already awaiting him. Doane goes to kick Smith in the face as he is bent forward but Smith blocks the shot and keeps a hold of Ken's boot before pulling him forward and connecting with a powerful clothesline. Ken gets knocked out of his boots as he lies down on the canvas due to the impact and Smith covers him, 1...2 Ken kicks out, still shocked by the power of the clothesline. Smith grabs Ken by his hair and guides him back up. Smith then begins to lift up Ken and manages to get him over his head he then drops him down to his shoulder and tries to perform a running powerslam but Ken wriggles his way out of it and lands behind Smith where he rolls him up for a pin, 1...2 Smith kicks out and gets straight back up to his feet. Ken ducks a swing from Smith and cheekily pokes Smith in the eye and retreats back to the corner where he starts to climb to the top rope. He reaches the top and leaps off in search of a cross-body but Smith catches him and throws him over his head behind him. Smith then covers Ken again, 1...2... Ken manages to just kick out after a powerful counter from Smith.

Smith awaits Ken as he stumbles up and starts to lift him up over his shoulders. While doing so, Mr. Kennedy stands up on the apron and pushes Smith forward thus, dropping Ken and allowing him to land on his feet. Punk sees what has happened and runs in the ring and takes out Kennedy on the apron. Meanwhile Ken takes advantage of the referee looking at Punk and Kennedy and nails a low blow on Smith before pinning him strongly, 1...2...3

Winner - Ken Doane via Pinfall

On the outside the two managers brawl. It's fairly even until Kennedy's representative, Ken Doane comes from in the ring and helps Kennedy double-team Punk and they both take out Punk as we go to a commercial break.

Commercial Break

Backstage in Parking Lot

Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder are attacking Chris Jericho and Shawn Michaels with steel chairs and are slamming them into cars.

King: Forget about them not being able to make it to their matches tonight! What about this Sunday!

Cole: Oh my god! Someone's gotta get in their and break this up!

Cameraman gets attacked and the camera cuts out.

Cole: I hope they're alright!

Commercial Break

5...4...3...2...1...0...'Break Down the Walls' hits and Jericho's pyro goes off. Jericho doesn't come out though. It takes a few seconds longer than usual but he eventually limps out with a black-eye and a cut on the right side of his forehead. He also has numerous other bruises on him as he limps into the ring and awaits his opponent, Batista.

Cole: This just isn't right, nor fair!

'I Walk Alone' hits and Batista comes down to the ring looking confident.

Cole: What has happened to Batista?! I thought he was a down to earth sort of gut but since the Shawn Michaels/Ric Flair match and him coming to RAW he has completely changed!

King: Well whatever makes you win.

Cole: Oh that's hardly right!

Match 3
Single
Chris Jericho vs Batista

The referee confronts Jericho and gives him the option of leaving but he pushes the referee away and yells, 'Come on!' to Batista. Batista has a smile on his face and slowly approaches Jericho. They lock up near the top right corner of the ring and Batista pushes a beat-up, weak Jericho into the corner. The referee forces Batista and Jericho to release the hold and they do just that. Batista backs away but then out of nowhere surprises Jericho with a powerful corner clothesline. Jericho screams in agony but continues to go on. Batista guides Jericho out of the corner and sets him up for a suplex, which he nails perfectly. Batista then turns over and hooks the leg of Jericho, 1...2... Jericho kicks out just. Batista is loving the simplicity needed for this match due to Hawkins and Ryder taking care of Michaels and Jericho earlier. Batista stands up Jericho again and throws him into the corner where he unleashes some strong and direct right hands to the face of Jericho. After numerous shots taken to the face, that cut from earlier opens up again and blood starts gashing from the forehead of Jericho. The referee separates the two.

Batista steps out of the corner as if he's innocent. Jericho rests in the corner with a face covered in his own blood. Batista has had enough of waiting and goes to retrieve his opponent from the corner. He whips the bloody Jericho to the ropes but Jericho can't even make the ropes as he collapses before he can even reach them. Jericho is on his hands and knees as Batista slowly approaches him and stands over him with a cocky smile on his face that attracts heat. Jericho uses Batista's legs as leverage to get up but Batista just kicks him off like dirt and Jericho falls back onto the canvas. Batista shakes his head as if to say he's worthless. Batista grabs him by the hair and stands him up in the corner. Jericho is leaning back on the turnbuckles and Batista unleashes some shoulder thrusts to the midsection of Jericho who once again, screams in agony as 'The Animal' just keeps bringing the pain. Batista stops the shoulder thrusts and strongly whips Jericho the opposite corner where he rebounds off the turnbuckles and lands on the canvas due to the force from The Animal. Jericho shows his fighting spirit and uses the ropes as leverage to get back to his feet.

Jericho finally reaches his feet and Batista whips him to the ropes. On the rebound Batista attempts a Spinebuster which would end it but in midair Jericho pushes off the shoulders of Batista and lands back on his feet in front of him. Batista then pursues Jericho with some right hands that take them back into a corner. Batista is merciless with the punches and Jericho is helpless. Batista continues the domination until.. Jericho manages to block one and reply with a knife-edge chop. He then gets hit with another right hand but dares Batista to do it again. The crowd get behind Jericho as he is suddenly alight. Jericho starts to nail some forearm shots for his first offense in a long time. Jericho lands some more forearm shots before kicking The Animal in the gut and surprising everyone with a step-up Enzuiguri. Batista is down and Jericho is down due to exhaustion. Suddenly Jericho is on his knees with a smile on his face that is covered in blood. Jericho gets to his feet and starts to measure Batista who is making his way up as well. Jericho whips him to the ropes and follows him there. He rebounds just after Batista and catches him with a one-handed running bulldog!

Jericho is on fire and starts to pump up the crowd. He drops to his knees and turns over Batista and hooks the leg, 1...2 Batista kicks out. Jericho immediately gets back up and runs to the ropes to Batista's side and springboards off the second one in search of a Lionsault which was too extravagant for Jericho and Batista moved out of the way. He then starts to measure Jericho get to his feet. Jericho turns around and Batista whips him to the ropes and on the rebound he plants Jericho with a thunderous Spinebuster. Jericho is down and Batista starts to shake the ropes in his usual fashion as he starts to get ready for the Batista Bomb. Jericho is still recuperating from the Spinebuster but manage to get to his hands and knees and eventually to his feet. Batista positions him in between his legs and lifts him up. Jericho is struggling to get free and wriggles around which causes Batista to lose balance and stumble backwards. Batista falls back onto the ropes and Jericho drops down to ringside, landing on his feet. Unbeknown to Batista, Jericho is fine and starts to climb the turnbuckles. Batista turns around to check on Jericho and..

Jericho connects with a missile dropkick that knocks Batista down. Jericho crawls over and hooks the leg of Batista, 1...2... Batista kicks out! Jericho staggers back to two feet and leans forward over the ropes for a breather. Batista recovers quicker than Jericho expected and attacks him from behind. He then whips him behind to the ropes but Jericho runs into the referee. The referee is out but Jericho continues to run to the ropes in hope of turning it into his advantage he then rebounds. Batista tries for another Spinebuster and lifts up Jericho. Jericho though, manages to get his hands behind Batista's head and counter the spinebuster into a sit-out facebuster. Batista is driven face-first into the canvas and Jericho takes advantage of his position and steps forward over Batista's body and lifts his legs back and successfully locks in the Walls of Jericho! Batista is reluctant to tap but nearly does until Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder come down to the ring. Curt nails a dropkick to the face of Jericho that breaks up the submission maneuver. Curt and Zack then stomp away at the helpless Jericho until the referee recovers due to it not being that bad a collision from Jericho.

Hawkins and Ryder flee the ring as Batista rolls over to put his hand over Jericho, 1...2... Jericho gets his arm and shoulder up! Jericho gets back up and Batista isn't far behind. They end up standing close together and Batista tries to nail a right hand but Jericho ducks, further than usual. He is flat on his stomach and slides in between Batista's legs and pulls them back. Batista falls flat on his face and Jericho had his legs in position for the Walls of Jericho! The Walls are locked back in! Batista taps out!

Winner - Chris Jericho via Submission

Cole: What a win by Jericho! He was beaten up backstage by Hawkins and Ryder and managed to cause the upset over Batista, who would be absolutely disgusted with himself.

King: You have to give Chris Jericho credit for quite a performance tonight, but what about this Sunday?! Will Jericho be in good enough shape for this Sunday after that brutal match?

Cole: You can only hope he is.

Commercial Break

Backstage

Chris Jericho is seen stumbling up the hallway when he walks into World Heavyweight Champion Edge.

Edge: That was a pretty good win there. You just made one small mistake. You used up all your pathetic energy in that match which will make my victory this Sunday that much easier. I've got a match to go to now and win, just like this Sunday.

Edge walks off and 'Sexy Boy' hits back in the ring and Shawn Michaels comes down to the ring.

Cole: Well some string words there from our World Champion, Edge and here comes his opponent, The Heartbreak Kid, Shawn Michaels.

King: And I bet Batista wishes he was is Edge's shoes right now.

'Metalingus' hits and World Heavyweight Champion Edge comes down to boos.

Cole: Here he is, 'The Rated R Superstar' World Heavyweight Champion Edge.

King: And a very good champion, might I add. He's my pick to win this Sunday.

Cole: How is he a good champion? All he does is cheat.

King: He still wins doesn't he?

Main Event
Non-Title
Shawn Michaels vs Edge

Michaels is still hurt from the attack he received from Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder. Edge would know that and loves the thought of it, he knows though, that The Heartbreak Kid won't be going down without a fight and know Shawn Michaels match is an easy one. Edge and Michaels stand at opposite sides of the ring before making their move. Edge and Michaels lock up in the enter and Michaels manages to lock in a side headlock, he moves Edge to the ropes and released the hold but uses the ropes to rebound. He rebounds off the opposite ones and greets Edge with a shoulder block. Edge gets knocked down and Michaels runs to the ropes on his right side. He rebounds and Edge stays on his stomach, Michaels runs over him and rebounds again. Edge greets him with an arm drag that Michaels reverses. Edge falls victim to the arm drag instead but gets back up. Michaels tries to land some snap jabs to the face of Edge but the World Champion blocks and pokes he Heartbreak Kid in the eye, making him momentarily groggy. Edge retreats backwards to the ropes and rebounds off the ropes and connects with a clothesline on Michaels followed my some cocky stomps and a hook of the leg, 1... Michaels kicks out.

Michaels gets back up to his feet and sidesteps an oncoming Edge and turns around to lands some stinging knife-edge chops to the chest of Edge, Michaels continues to land this stinging offensive maneuvers onto the chest of Edge, leading him into the corner. Edge is leaning back in the corner nursing his chest as Michaels steps up to the second rope and goes to plant 10 punches, 1...2...3...4...5...6...7 Edge blocks one and lifts Michaels up onto his shoulders and manages to slam Michaels down to the canvas with a powerbomb. Edge then hooks the leg of Michaels, 1...2 Michaels kicks out. Edge realizes he is getting closer to victory due to Michaels already being weakened by his cronies. Edge grabs Michaels by his hair and stands him back up. He keeps a hold of Michaels' hair and plants some stiff right hands to the face of Michaels and Michaels eventually takes numerous shots and stumbles back groggily to the turnbuckles. Edge continues the offense until he has a better idea. He puts Michaels in a front facelock and lifts him up to the top turnbuckle. He then stands Michaels up along with himself and attempts to perform a superplex.

Michaels and Edge struggle up the top, trading blows, with Edge of course, being mostly in control. He then takes the risk and tries for the superplex and.. Michaels stays on top! Edge goes crashing down to the canvas and Michaels is left on the top. He manages to force a smile on a face that is tattooed with pain. The crowd know what he's thinking and he gets in position for the flying elbow drop. Michaels sets himself up and takes the risk. He leaps off and.. Edge rolls out of the way! Michaels crashes and burns and both men are down and out. The referee starts to make the count, 1...2...3...4... Edge starts to make a move...5...6...7 Michaels gets guided up by Edge again. Edge looks to try again for some more offense but Michaels suddenly springs to life and blocks the attempted right hand and nails a snap jab of his own. Edge sells the injury but was playing possum. He ducks the next right hand and appears behind Michaels and shocks him with an Edge-O-Matic. Michaels is down and seemingly out as Edge makes the pin with the leg hooked, 1...2... Michaels kicks out! Edge cannot believe it but has another idea in mind that he thinks can end the match.

Edge gets back to his feet and goes to a corner. The crowd start booing because they know what he's thinking. He crouches down and starts to measure the already hurt Michaels with a sadistic look on his face. Michaels slowly staggers back to his feet in his usual fashion. Edge is craving the positions Michaels is getting in and before you know it Edge is flashing out of the corner and looking for a spear on Michaels and.. Michaels sidesteps it! Edge flies into the second turnbuckle and Michaels awaits him from behind. Edge slowly gets out, nursing his face and turns around into Michaels who nails a backdrop. Michaels is alight! Michaels starts to climb the turnbuckles and reach the top rope. He leaps of and connects with the flying elbow drop. Michaels gets right back up and gets the crowd involved as he does his usual theatrics. He then moves into the corner to tune up the band, 1...2...3...4...5...6 The band is interrupted as Michaels is ambushed by Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder who appear from nowhere. The referee rings the bell.

Winner - Shawn Michaels via DQ

Hawkins and Ryder continue the onslaught on Michaels and Batista runs down to join in. Batista, Hawkins and Ryder beat on Michaels until Chris Jericho runs down the ramp. He enters the ring and tries to make the save but is soon taken out by Edge. They trade blows until Jericho finally gets the upper-hand and clotheslines Edge over the ropes, taking himself over too. He then returns in the ring with a steel chair and takes out Batista, Hawkins and Ryder from behind with the steel chair and they flee the ring. Jericho helps up Michaels as RAW goes off the air.

BacklashPostercopy.png

Confirmed Backlash Matches, THIS SUNDAY!

World Heavyweight Championship
Edge(c) vs Chris Jericho

Single
Shawn Michaels vs Batista

Intercontinental Championship
Fatal-4-Way

Elijah Burke(c) vs Shelton Benjamin vs Jeff Hardy vs John Morrison

Light Heavyweight Championship
Carlito(c) vs Rey Mysterio

Money in the Bank Briefcase
CM Punk(c) vs Mr. Kennedy​

Bigfella

Reaction score
Best Match: Main event, Shawn Michaels VS Batista

Worst Match: DH Smith VS Ken Dhone, Who are these guys? lol

Best Promo: In the Ring with Mr. Kennedy & CM Punk

Worst Promo: N/A

Additional Comments: Zac Ryder & Curt Hawkins appeared a bit too much. Both times attacking Shawn Michaels. Hopefully next week Shawn can kick there ass :y:

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
BM: Jericho vs. Batista- I love the Batista heel turn and this match was written very well. I liked that Jericho came back and won.
WM: Smith vs. Dhone- I really didn't care about this match at all.
BP: Punk and Kennedy- these men's promo styles work very well together.
WP: There really weren't any others that were that big.
AC: I'd say that the Edgeheads (or whatever they're called) are relied on a bit too much. I recommend you not to do another manager challenge type thing, that was just boring. Other than that really good show.
Plug: if you have the time feel free to drop a review for POI.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Best Match: Main event, Shawn Michaels VS Batista

Worst Match: DH Smith VS Ken Dhone, Who are these guys? lol

Best Promo: In the Ring with Mr. Kennedy & CM Punk

Additional Comments: Zac Ryder & Curt Hawkins appeared a bit too much. Both times attacking Shawn Michaels. Hopefully next week Shawn can kick there ass :y:
Stuff like that convinces me you didn't read it at all. Plus you should know who Kenny and Harry Smith are.

Shane McMahon promo: Meh, not bad, not great. Just an average promo.

Punk/Kennedy promo: This was pretty damn good. Kennedy was awesome throughout the promo, especially when he said Punk had drunk a few lol.

Mysterio/Jeff vs Shelton/Carlito: I felt the finish was a bit rough, especially Rey getting the pin without being the legal man. I expected a bit more from you with this.

Smith vs Kenny: It was alright, but once again nothing great. At least the finish was more clear cut.

Jericho vs Batista: It was decent, and an appropriate length. Jericho was dominated throughout the match, yet still fought through it and got the victory. Flowed well. Best match of the night so far.

Edge promo: Short, but was exactly like Edge, so a good promo.

Edge vs Shawn Michaels: Not as good as Jericho vs Batista, but still a good match. I thought that Michaels would have gone for Sweet Chin Music after dodging the Spear normally, but whatever. Match flowed pretty well and was a pretty good main event.

AC: A decent show. I like how you use Ryder and Hawkins, doing Edge's dirty work. This was a pretty solid show, and I feel better than last weeks.

CT Styles

BacklashPostercopy.png

Backlash Part 1, April 27, 2008

The official theme song for Backlash, 'Paralyzer' by Finger Eleven plays and the pyrotechnics open the PPV.

Cole: Good evening ladies & gentleman and welcome to the first Pay-Per-View of the wrestling year, Backlash! Tonight we have some massive matches including Edge defending the World Heavyweight Championship against Chris Jericho and Shawn Michaels and Batista battling it out.

King: That's right! We're in for a hell of a show tonight. It was announced on WWE.com a while ago that there was another match added to tonight's show and that is Cody Rhodes and DH Smith vs Ted DiBiase Jr. and Ken Doane.

Cole: And that will be our opening contest I've heard. The four members of the future of WWE, Cody Rhodes, DH Smith, Ken Doane and Ted DiBiase Jr. DH Smith and Ken Doane were chosen to represent CM Punk and Mr. Kennedy respectively this past week on RAW and Ken Doane came out with the victory.

King: And there was quite a brawl after for memory.

Cole: That is correct, partner so there'll be some bad blood running in this match.

Generic rock music hits and Cody Rhodes comes down to a reasonable pop with DH Smith.

Cole: This man, Cody Rhodes was defeated by Ted DiBiase Jr. in his debut match a few weeks ago on RAW, so he'll be seeking revenge here tonight in our opening contest. DH Smith was defeated by roll-up against Ken Doane so he'll be looking for revenge too.

King: No doubt they will be as these young guns go at it.

Ken Doane's music hits and he comes down to the ring with Ted DiBiase Jr.

Cole: These two both have wins over their rivals in this match up, could their opponents even the scores?

King: I don't know, but we'll sure find out!

Match 1
Tag Team
Cody Rhodes and DH Smith vs Ken Doane and Ted DiBiase Jr.

Cody Rhodes starts off in the ring against Ted DiBiase. They both talk tactics with their partners respectively before moving in for the match to begin. They lock up and Ted ends the lock up quickly with a knee to the gut of Cody. He then guides Cody over to his corner and smacks his head on the top turnbuckle before tagging in Ken Doane. Ken plants some right hands to the face of the cornered Cody. He then guides Rhodes out of the corner and places him on the ropes before whipping him to the opposite ropes. Cody rebounds and ducks a clothesline attempt from Ken and continues on to the other ropes. He rebounds and nails a cross-body on Ken and keeps a hold so it is a pinning combo, 1... Ken kicks out quickly. Both men get back up to their feet at the same time and Cody starts to open up the offense with some quick right hands followed by a whip to the ropes. Cody leaps up for a dropkick but Ken holds onto the ropes and Cody crashes down to the canvas. Ken then quickly makes his way to his corner and tags in Ted. Ted comes in and surveys the damage that has been done before landing some hard stomps to the limbs of Cody.

Ted then guides Cody back up and nails an uppercut that makes Cody stumble back and into the corner. Ted then charges into the corner in hope of connecting with a shoulder block but Cody manages to stick his boot out and keep Ted away, for now. Cody then leaps over to his corner and gets the tag on a fresh Smith. Smith comes enters the ring and takes out Ted with a running clothesline. He measures him as he gets up again and once he's up Smith tries to lift him up for a powerslam but Ted manages to plant a poke to the eye of Smith that gives him a momentary breather. Ted takes advantage of Smith's state and kicks him strongly in the gut and puts him in a front facelock. He then finishes that maneuver off with a suplex. Ted slides around to hook the leg of Smith, 1...2 Smith kicks out. Ted gets back up, satisfied with the effort he has shown against Smith and goes to his corner to tag in Ken. Ken comes in and surveys the damage Ted has done. He then begins to measure Smith as he gets to his feet, seemingly recovered. Ken still seems a little intimidated by Smith, knowing his strength capabilities. Smith gets back up and Ken immediately goes on the offense.

Ken nails some snap jabs to the face of Smith before trying to whip him to the ropes only for it to be reversed. Ken gets whipped to the ropes by Smith and rebounds off ducking a clothesline and getting the blind-tag on Ted on the way through. He rebounds off the other ropes and nails a bent forward Smith with a swinging neckbreaker. Ted comes in the ring and immediately goes on the offense as Ken did. He sits on top of Smith and unloads some strong right and left hands to an unprotected face of Smith. Ted cockily leans back on the ropes as he waits for Smith to get back to his feet. Ted acts as if he isn't interested in the match as Smith finally gets to his feet. Ted greets Smith with a kick to the gut and an uppercut followed by a Triple H-like facebreaker onto his knee. Smith bounces off and grabs on the ropes to keep his balance. He nurses his face as Ted approaches him and tries to lift him up for a Money Maker, his new finisher but Smith manages to wriggle out of it and drop back down to his feet. He quickly gets to his corner and gets the tag. Ted charges at him while he's in the corner but Smith stays put and nails a shoulder block to the oncoming DiBiase Jr.

Ted bounces off groggy and Cody climbs to the top rope. Ted turns around, still groggy and gets hit with a missile dropkick from Cody Rhodes and gets followed up with a hook of the leg, 1...2... Ken Doane breaks it up. Smith enters the ring and goes after Ken. They end up on the outside of the ring and Ted nails a low blow from behind on Cody while the referee is concentrating on Ken and Smith. Ted then grabs his tights and rolls him up. The referee is unaware for a few seconds until Ted has to call him over, 1...2... Cody kicks out! Cody manages to kick out but is still in pain. Ted gets back over him and forces his forearm firmly over the face of Cody and the referee makes another count, 1...2... Rope Break. Cody stretched his leg out for it to touch the rope and the referee acknowledges it. Ted shows his frustration and yells at the referee who directs his concentration back to Ken and Smith who are still fighting on the outside. Cody starts to get back to his feet, using the ropes as leverage. Cody finally gets there and Ted is standing there, Cody comes off the ropes and swings with a right hand but Ted ducks and lifts Cody up in a fireman's carry position.

Cody is up on Ted's shoulders and Ted drives him down with a Money Maker. Cody is unconscious and Ted confidently hooks the leg, 1...2...3

Winners - Ted DiBiase Jr. & Ken Doane via Pinfall

Ted DiBiase Jr. stands up and lifts his hands up to say he is the victor. The crowd boo towards Ted and Ken Doane joins him in the ring. Smith slides in the ring hurt and consoles Cody.

Cole: Well Ted DiBiase, is victorious again with Ken Doane as his partner. Cody Rhodes and DH Smith came close many times but Ted and Ken stood superior I guess in the end.

King: What do you mean you guess?

Cole: Well Ted did get the upper-hand in the end via a low blow.

King: He won because of that, Cole, when will you ever learn that you have to do whatever it takes to win.

Cole: I just don't believe in that theory, I think it encourages dirty tactics.

King: Whatever it takes, Cole, whatever it takes.

Cole sighs.

Cole: Anyway ladies & gentleman up next is the Light Heavyweight Championship Match. Carlito will be defending the title against the former champion, Rey Mysterio.

Video recap plays highlighting their history.

King: No doubt this one will be physical, Rey wouldn't be happy about how he lost the title in the first place!

'Booyaka 619' hits and Rey Mysterio comes down to the ring with a massive pop.

Cole: Like I always say, Rey Mysterio, the permanent underdog. Could he overcome the odds tonight, King?

King: I don't know, you can never count anything against Rey Mysterio, maybe he will, maybe he won't.

'Cool' hits and the Light Heavyweight Champion Carlito comes out to boos.

Cole: The Light Heavyweight Champion, Carlito. He isn't a big hit with the fans, King. Will he come out on top?

King: Like I said with the Rey question, maybe he will, maybe he won't. It's really 50/50.

Match 2
Light Heavyweight Championship
Single
Carlito(c) vs Rey Mysterio

They immediately move into the center of the ring. Carlito swings at Rey but Rey ducks and appears behind Carlito and lands some kicks to the back of Carlito's thighs followed by a dropkick to the back of Carlito that knocks the Light Heavyweight Champion forward and onto his face. Rey then rolls him over and tries to get the quick pinfall, 1... Carlito kicks out strongly. Rey gets back up to his feet and awaits Carlito to get back up to his feet. Carlito makes it back up, nursing his back and Rey rebounds off the ropes and lands a forearm shot to the face of Carlito and he stumbles backwards. Rey continues on to the ropes and rebounds again this time Carlito comes to his senses and catches Rey with a flapjack, driving Rey face-first into the canvas. Carlito wants to get an early pinfall like Rey and and turns him over to hook the leg, 1...2 Rey kicks out and Carlito is frustrated by that. Carlito guides Rey back up and lands some strong right hands to his face which leads him to the corner. Carlito continues the strong offense until the referee restrains him. Carlito immediately fires back though with a corner clothesline that knocks Rey forward groggily.

Carlito then appears behind Rey and tries for the Backstabber but Rey manages to leap forward and Carlito can't latch on. Carlito gets back to his feet and charges at Rey. Rey turns around and Carlito clotheslines him over the ropes and to the outside. Both men are down for the first 5 of the 10 count until Carlito makes the first move and slowly gets to his feet. He starts to stomp away at the helpless Rey. Carlito then stands Rey up and throws him into the steel steps. It's now 9 of the 10 count so Carlito rolls in and then back out of the ring to reset the count. Rey is motionless and Carlito continues the stiff offense. He smacks Rey's head onto the top of the steel steps and follows that up with a strong whip into the barricade. Carlito continues to punish Rey until the count reaches 9 again and he rolls in and out of the ring to restart the count. This time Carlito charges at Rey and kicks his head into the side of the barricade and Rey seems unconscious. The crowd boo as Carlito keeps stomping at the helpless Rey. Carlito keeps going until the boos turn into cheers, much to his surprise. Then, Rob Van Dam! Rob Van Dam appears from in the crowd!

RVD jumps the barricade and attacks Carlito to Rey's defense. The referee rings the bell.

Winner - Light Heavyweight Champion Carlito via DQ

Rob Van Dam makes the save on Rey and rolls Carlito into the ring. He nails a rolling thunder on Carlito and then climbs to the top rope. He does his signature 'RVD' taunt and then leaps off the top rope and connects with a Five-Star Frog Splash on Carlito.

Vengeance Hype

Cole: It appears that Rob Van Dam has returned to RAW!

King: That's right! He just came out of the crowd and made the save on Rey Mysterio, taking out Carlito with a Rolling Thunder and a Five-Star Frog Splash!

Cole: What a PPV this is shaping out to be!

King: And up next, CM Punk defends his Money in the Ban Briefcase against Mr. Kennedy... Kennedy!

Recap highlighting their past plays.

Backstage

Ted DiBiase Jr. and Sr. are seen talking backstage.

Ted Sr.: What are you doing? What are you doing? You're making yourself out to be a thug!

Ted Jr.: What do you care? I'm making an impact aren't I dad?

Ted Sr.: Damn right you're making an impact, an impact to the DiBiase name. We just bought out our opponents, we stayed looking good and let other people look bad and do the dirty work.

Ted Jr.: What's happening to you dad?! You used to support me! You liked my tactics in matches!

Ted Sr.: I was trying to keep you quiet so you wouldn't have a tantrum like you are now.

Ted Sr. turns around and leaves, leaving his son shaking his head in confusion.

Back at Ringside

King: What's going on there?

Cole: I don't know, but Ted DiBiase Sr. seems disappointed in his son.

'Turn Up the Trouble' hits and Mr. Kennedy comes down to the ring.

Cole: Mr. Ken Kennedy, the man in pursuit of CM Punk's Money in the Bank contract. These two faced off on the mic this past week on RAW..

Recap of Monday Night's RAW Face-Off between the two plays.

King: Obviously these two have a lot to get off their chests.

'This Fire Burns' hits and Mr. Money in the Bank, CM Punk comes down to the ring.

Cole: Here he is, CM Punk!

Punk immediately slides into the ring and he and Kennedy immediately begin trading blows.

Match 3
Money in the Bank Breifcase
CM Punk(c) vs Mr. Kennedy

Kennedy and Punk trade blows in the center of the ring. It stays even, Kennedy lands one, Punk lands one. eventually Kennedy ducks a right from Punk and comes back up to whip Punk to the ropes. Punk rebounds and lands a forearm shot to the face of Kennedy. Kennedy stumbles backwards but doesn't fall to the canvas. Punk continues the offense with some more forearm shots followed by a whip to the ropes. On the rebound, Punk runs at him and connects with a clothesline that knocks Kennedy down to the canvas. Punk capitalizes and gets down and hooks the leg of Kennedy, 1... Kennedy kicks out strongly, showing it'll take more than that to keep him down. Kennedy gets back up and Punk makes sure Kennedy is aware the match isn't going to be easy. Kennedy finally gets back to his feet and takes some more forearm shots to the head from Punk before being whipped to the corner. He crashes into the corner and Punk is heading for him, Punk meets Kennedy's boot though and Kennedy takes advantage of the time he has earned to have a breather. He finally semi-recovers and looks to land some offense on Punk for a change.

Punk is bent forward and Kennedy comes from behind and lands a knee to the face of Punk before guiding him over by his head to the corner and smacking his face against the top turnbuckle. Kennedy times his run to the ropes behind him. He rebounds off just as Punk turns out of the corner nursing his face. Kennedy connects with a strong clothesline. Punk crashes down to the canvas but that isn't enough for Kennedy. Kennedy starts to measure Punk as he gradually gets to his feet. Punk gets to one knee and then reaches to the ropes for leverage. He turns around and receives a strong kick to the gut followed by a snap DDT. Kennedy then hooks both the legs, 1...2... Punk kicks out just in time. Kennedy drags a motionless Punk to the corner and sits him up. Kennedy gradually retreats backwards to the other corner with an evil smile on his face. The crowd know what he has in mind and he charges to the corner in search of a facewash and.. Punk moves! Punk then rolls up Kennedy from behind, 1...2... Kennedy kicks out and is incredibly frustrated with Punk. He sits on top of him and unloads some right hands to the face of Punk while his left hand holds him in place.

Punk tries to lift his arms up to shield his face but can't get them past Kennedy. The referee eventually restrains Kennedy and Punk has some time to get to his feet but Kennedy isn't that generous. He charges from behind Punk and lands a chop block that knocks Mr. Money in the Bank back down to the canvas. Kennedy then confidently hooks the leg of Punk, 1...2... Punk kicks out. Kennedy is shocked at the resilience of Punk and tries the pin again, 1...2... Punk kicks out again. Kennedy is sick of the way this match is panning out and gets straight back up to his feet and measures Punk. Punk groggily staggers up to his feet and turns around into Kennedy who places his foot behind Punk, trying to set up the Mic Check but Punk uses his limited energy to elbow Kennedy in the side of the head, thus, saving himself from the Mic Check and the loss. Kennedy stumbles away to the side but that isn't nearly enough to keep the loudmouth down. He immediately replies with a strong forearm strike to the face of Punk followed by a whip to the ropes. Punk teases a dropkick on Punk and Punk holds onto the ropes, only thing is, Kennedy didn't pull the trigger with the dropkick.

Kennedy then charges at Punk and nails a clothesline that knocks them both to the outside. Kennedy gets up quite quickly due to him not landing as badly. He hammers away at the back of Punk, whom is on his hands and knees trying to get back up. The referee is making the count so Kennedy rolls in and out of the ring to reset the count. As he rolls back out Punk lands a right hand into his gut right when Kennedy was going to continue his offense. Punk then rolls back in the ring and Kennedy soon follows. Punk crawls to the opposite side of the ring and uses the ropes as leverage to get back to his feet. Kennedy is back up as well and charges at Punk, who is still leaning on the ropes, recovering from the beating he has received for the majority of the match. Kennedy is coming for Punk but Punk comes to his senses and nails a backdrop on Kennedy knocking him to the outside and crashing into the announce table. Kennedy gets back up after the first three seconds of the ten count and walks straight into an airborne recovered Punk, who nails a over the top-rope cross-body. Both men crash down to the ringside ground. The referee then begins the count.

At 5 Punk starts to move and enter the ring, Kennedy does the same at 6. Punk meets him in the ring and seems to be a little recovered. He greets Kennedy with some kicks followed by a whip to the corner. Punk charges at him and connects with a knee smash combo followed by a bulldog, but Kennedy manages to throw Punk forward during the bulldog. Kennedy drops forward and has a breather as Punk nurses his back on the canvas. Both men are back up and approach each other in the center of the ring. Kennedy has a cocky smile on, Punk isn't amused. Kennedy ignites Punk when he slaps him on the face. Punk then lands a knee to the gut of Kennedy, which bends him forward. Punk then kicks him in the face, which knocks him back up. Punk retreats backwards to the ropes and rebounds off, Kennedy though, ducks the offensive maneuver Punk had in mind and tries to roll him up, 1...2 Punk kicks out. Kennedy gets back up quickly and tries to set him up for a Mic Check but the time Kennedy chose was horrible, because Punk is suddenly alight. Punk lands another knee to the gut of Kennedy and whips him back to the ropes.

Upon his rebound Kennedy drops to the ground and rolls behind Punk, he then grabs his tights and gets him in a schoolboy roll-up, 1...2... Punk kicks out. Punk jumps back to his feet, as does Kennedy. Punk catches him by surprise and lifts him up in a Fireman's Carry and quickly connects with the GTS out of nowhere! Kennedy drops down to the canvas and Punk exhaustedly hooks th leg, 1...2...3

Winner & Still Mr. Money in the Back - CM Punk via Pinfall

Moonlight Drive

Best Match: Punk/Kennedy does it for me, just an overall entertaining match with a good balance of brawling, counters and some high-flying action from Punk
Worst Match: Carlito/Rey, simply because it ended the way it did. Not a bad thing, just liked the tag better.
Best Promo: The one wth Ted Sr. and Jr.
Additional: Very glad to see Rob Van Dam back, he'll be a great addition to your roster. Looking forward to the rest of this show :)

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Backlash has been good so far, I won't leave a review because I'll do it all later. Punk vs Kennedy was great, and I'm liking the stuff with Ted DiBiase Jr.

CT Styles

-----Part 2-----

Cole: Well quite an impressive win there for the still Mr. Money in the Bank, CM Punk.

King: Yes, but Mr. Kennedy did put up quite a fight and almost had it there, many times.

Cole: But he couldn't finish the job, unlike CM Punk.

King: Are you saying CM Punk is better than Mr. Kennedy?!

Cole: On this very occasion, yes that's what I'm saying.

'No More Words' hits and Jeff Hardy comes down to the ring.

Cole: Now for the Intercontinental Championship Fatal-4-Way, Jeff Hardy versus Shelton Benjamin versus John Morrison versus the Champion, Elijah Burke.

King: This should be a test for the champion.

Cole: It'll be a test for anyone in a match like this.

'Ain't No Stoppin' Me!' hits and The Gold Standard, Shelton Benjamin comes down to the ring.

Cole: Now this man, this man is an amazing athlete.

King: You don't have to say that again, he is unbelievable!

John Morrison's music hits and he comes down to the ring.

Cole: Speaking of mazing athletes, John Morrison is no exception.

King: Again, another one, WWE has so many amazing athletes, like these two.

'Don't Waste My Time' hits and the Intercontinental Champion Elijah Burke comes down to the ring.

Cole: Intercontinental Champion Elijah Burke has quite a challenge he has to overcome here tonight.

King: I think he is definitely capable of winning, let's see how this match unfolds.

Match 4
Intercontinental Championship
Fatal-4-Way
Elijah Burke(c) vs Shelton Benjamin vs Jeff Hardy vs John Morrison

All four of the men stand in their respective corners as the bell rings. They all move into the center of the ring with their eyes on their opposite opponents. Shelton Benjamin's on Morrison and Burke's on Hardy's. Suddenly, hell breaks loose and the four men pair off and trade blows Benjamin lands some strong ones on Hardy but Hardy manages to shield his face for the majority of the hits and lands a kick to the gut of Benjamin which pauses the onslaught. Hardy then guides Benjamin to the corner to smack his head on the top turnbuckle but Benjamin sticks his foot out to block the impact and lands an elbow to the gut of Hardy. Meanwhile, Morrison and Burke are on the opposite ropes with Burke landing some strong right and left hands to the defenseless, groggy Morrison. Burke then whips him to the ropes and on the rebound, connects with a dropkick and follows it up with a hook of the leg, 1...2 Morrison kicks out just as Benjamin was going to break it up. Benjamin goes back to Hardy and is under the impression that Hardy is groggy but Hardy is playing possum and nails a strong forearm shot to the face of Benjamin followed by a mule kick.

Hardy then lifts the legs of Benjamin up and spreads them apart and crashes down with a leg drop to the groin. Benjamin screams in pain as Hardy finishes it with a hook of the leg, 1...2 Morrison breaks it up after ducking a clothesline from Burke. Morrison gets back up and turns around into a right hand from Burke but manages to block it and nail a kick to the former amateur boxing champion's gut. He then runs to the ropes on his right and springboards off with an Enzuiguri that... Connects. Burke drops down to the canvas and Morrison turns him over and hooks the leg, 1...2 Hardy nails a low dropkick to the pin thus, breaking it up. Hardy gets back up and attacks a cornered Shelton Benjamin recovering from the attack he received from Hardy. Hardy nails a running clothesline to Benjamin. Benjamin groggily stumbles out as Hardy runs past him and runs up the turnbuckles. Benjamin turns around and Hardy greets him with a Whisper in the Wind. Benjamin drops backwards down to the canvas and Hardy covers him, 1...2... Morrison breaks it up. Hardy guides Morrison back up and goes for a roll-up but Benjamin counters it, 1...2... Burke breaks it up again.

Benjamin gets back to his feet and looks at Morrison. They then decide to double-team Hardy. They throw him into the corner and smother him with right and left hands as well as kicks. Burke tries to come in and make the save on Hardy but Morrison excludes himself from the beating on Hardy momentarily and drives some strong right hands into the face of Burke. While doing that, he keeps a look at the referee and sees he is distracted by Jeff and Benjamin so he quickly nails a low blow on Burke and nails a dropkick that knocks him down to the canvas. He returns to helping Benjamin eliminate Hardy from the match. Benjamin gets Morrison to hold Hardy in place. He then retreats backwards a little bit and runs forward nailing a high-angled kick to the face of Hardy, knocking him over the ropes and down to the outside. Benjamin jumps over the ropes and drops to the outside to continue the punishment on Hardy. This leaves Morrison and Burke alone, Morrison quickly runs over and hooks the leg of Burke, 1...2... Burke kicks out! Burke managed to kick out from the low blow. Morrison gets back up to his feet, maintaining a cocky smile and starts to measure the champion.

As Burke slowly gets to his hands and knees, coughing from the low blow, Morrison still measures, circling him, watching him with intent as the punishment outside continues. The referee stays concentrated on John as Burke stumbles up to his two feet. Morrison kicks him in the gut and sets him up for the corkscrew neckbreaker but Burke manages to land a knee in the gut of Morrison, momentarily pausing the deadly finisher. Burke manages to land a punch to the face of Morrison which gives him more time for a breather. Burke manages to get back to a vertical position and goes for an attack on Morrison but Morrison ducks and performs a backdrop on Burke, sending him over the ropes. Unbeknown to Morrison, Burke landed on the apron. He steps back through the ropes and enters the ring. He goes behind Morrison, who is taunting the crowd and nails a neckbreaker. Morrison crashes down to the canvas and Burke goes for the pin, 1...2 Morrison kicks out. Burke guides Morrison back up but receives a knee to the gut, Morrison sets him up for the fatal corkscrew neckbreaker and it seems to be over for Elijah Burke.

Benjamin is aware of what is about to happen and pauses his punishment of a lifeless Hardy. He looks into the ring, seeing Morrison pull the trigger on the Corkscrew Neckbreaker and sees the referee watching, Benjamin thinks fast and kicks Hardy below the belt and slides into the ring quickly as Morrison has the leg hooked, 1...2... Benjamin breaks it up. Morrison gets back to his feet and receives a Paydirt out of nowhere. Benjamin then hooks the leg of Burke, 1...2...3

Winner & New Intercontinental Champion - Shelton Benjamin via Pinfall

Backstage

Shawn Michaels appears on the screen with a pop. He is tying up his boots when Chris Jericho enters his locker room.

Jericho: Look, Shawn, you know that you've been an idol of mine since I started watching wrestling and tonight, well, I want to be your idol, because I am going to defeat Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Michaels looks up and stands up to be level with Jericho.

Michaels: Well good luck, Chris.

Chris smirks and walks off as Michaels seems confused.

Back at Ringside

'I Walk Alone' hits to a massive mixed reaction of boos and cheers. Batista comes down to the ring.

Cole: This is going to be one hell of a match-up, King. These two despise each other and they are going to let out all their rage to each other.

King: Batista is no pushover and neither is Michaels. This'll be a very even match and whoever wins is lucky because these two are pretty much even, talent wise. Michaels is obviously quicker and The Animal is obviously stronger but either way this'll be one for the ages.

'Sexy Boy' hits to a massive pop and Shawn Michaels comes down to the ring. He immediately slides into the ring and he and Batista trade blows.

Match 5
Single
Shawn Michaels vs Batista

The punches keep landing on Michaels and Batista as they continue trading blows during this very physical approach to the match. Michaels starts to gain the upper-hand after ducking a right hand from Batista and landing some knife-edge chops to the chest of Batista. Batista shows the sting of the chops through the expression on his face. Michaels gets him to the ropes with the continuous chops to the chest. He then whips him to the opposite ropes and on the rebound gets nailed with a powerful clothesline that knocks him down to the canvas. Batista drops down to the canvas and covers Michaels, 1...2 Michaels kicks out. Batista guides Michaels back up by his hair. He throws him into the corner and drives his shoulder into the midsection of Michaels numerous times. After the powerful shoulder thrusts, Batista whips Michaels out of the corner and into the opposite corner. Michaels shows his pain from the impact as Batista charges at full speed towards Michaels and connects with a thunderous clothesline to the cornered Michaels. Michaels stumbles groggily out and crashes down to the canvas. Batista turns Michaels over and hooks his leg, 1...2.. Michaels kicks out at 2 1/2.
Batista stands Michaels up and looks him in the eyes, 'Ric would still be here if it wasn't for your ego!'. Batista then swings for a clothesline but Michaels ducks and replies with some quick but effective snap jabs to the face of Batista who stumbles backwards groggily. Michaels then whips Batista to the opposite ropes but Batista reverses. Michaels runs to the ropes and rebounds, Batista gets hit with a flying forearm from the Heartbreak Kid and both men are down as the referee begins the count, 1...2...3...4...5.. Michaels nips up! Batista stumbles up straight after and walks into an inverted atomic drop followed by a right hand. Batista gets back up and receives the same treatment. He gets up a fourth time and receives a scoop slam, sending him down to the canvas. Michaels then starts to climb to the top rope from the outside apron. He gets himself in position and finally leaps off from the top rope with a flying elbow drop that.. connects! Batista gets an elbow driven into the heart. Michaels gets back up and starts performing his theatrics as the crowd get behind him. He moves to the corner and slaps his knee before beginning to tune up the band...

1...2...3...4...5 Batista starts to get to his feet, he stumbles forward into the opposite corner and then turns around into a superkick.. That connects with midair. Batista manages to dodge the superkick and Michaels is a little off balance. Batista stumbles backwards to the ropes, still holding his chest and rebounds off with a big boot that connects with Michaels' face. Michaels crashes down to the canvas and Batista uses the ropes to stay standing as he nurses his chest and has a breather. Batista finally has enough and goes to approach Michaels who.. Nips up! Michaels nips up in front of Batista after the big boot and attacks him with some forearm shots followed by a whip to the ropes. Batista runs to the ropes and rebounds, he goes for a clothesline but Michaels ducks. Batista continues on to the ropes and Michaels leaps up to connect with a dropkick but Batista holds onto the ropes and Michaels crashes down to the canvas. Batista approaches Michaels and delivers some stomps to his helpless body before guiding him back up to his feet and whipping him to the ropes. Batista awaits him as he rebounds and Michaels gets nailed with a thunderous spinebuster.

Michaels crashes down and Batista starts to shake the ropes symbolizing he is setting up for a Batista Bomb. Batista surveys him and measures him, circling him as he slowly gets to his hands and knees followed by one knee and two feet. Batista plants a boot to the gut of Michaels and places his head in between his thighs. Batista has him set up for the Batista Bomb, all he has to do now is pull the trigger, which he can't. Michaels is the first to react and he nails a backdrop from that position and falls backwards on top of Batista to hook the leg, 1...2 Batista gets a shoulder up. Michaels slowly gets back up to his feet, as does Batista. They both reach their feet at the same time and momentarily trade blows before Batista makes the first move. Batista whips Michaels to the ropes but doesn't wait, he follows. As Michaels makes contact with the ropes to rebound Batista is already there and nails a running clothesline on Michaels, knocking both men to the outside. At the referee's count of 5 they both get back up to their feet. Batista grabs Michaels and smacks his head against the top of the barricade and then finishes him off by throwing him into the steel steps.

Michaels crashes into the steel steps and Batista rolls back in the ring in hope of winning the match via count-out. The referee starts the count, 1...2...3...4...5...6 Michaels starts crawling...7...8...9 Michaels reaches the apron and manages to get into the ring. Batista immediately starts stomping him on his arrival in the ring and then covers him, 1...2... Rope-Break. Batista clenches his fist and punches the canvas in frustration at Michaels' resiliency. Batista gets back up to his feet and starts to measure Michaels again, stamping his feet and calling his name, daring him to get up. Michaels crawls up the ropes to get to his feet and Batista goes to kick him in the gut but Michaels catches the foot and spins Batista around. Michaels goes for a clothesline but Batista ducks and turns around and catches Michaels off-guard with a kick to the gut. He sets him up for the Batista Bomb, he lifts him up onto his shoulders and... SLAM! Michaels gets driven down to the canvas via being on the receiving end of a Sit-Out Powerbomb. Batista hooks the leg confidently, 1......2...... Michaels kicks out! Michaels kicks out of the Batista Bomb and Batista is in shock.

Batista starts to abuse the referee but gets nowhere. He then starts to measure Michaels again, this time with more fury and determination in his eyes. Michaels slowly gets back to his feet, nursing his tortured back. He turns around and Batista approaches him, Michaels catches him off-guard with a drop-toe-hold, driving Batista's face into the canvas. Michaels is on his hands and knees crawling away to a free space to slowly get to his feet. He gets to the corner and uses the turnbuckles to get back up to his feet. He eventually achieves that and Batista is almost at his feet too. Batista charges at the cornered Michaels in search of some punishment and... Sweet Chin Music! Batista gets hit with Sweet Chin Music and he falls onto his back and Michaels falls forward due to exhaustion and pain. After 5 or 6 seconds of lying face-down on the canvas, Shawn starts to make a move, he starts to drag his battered and bruised body over to Batista's whose is in the same state. Michaels eventually gets close enough and throws his arm over him, 1...2... Batista kicks out! The crowd cannot believe it and Michaels doesn't have enough energy to show his shock.

Both men are down, surely there isn't much left in the tank. They both go off to separate corners to get to their feet. They finally reach that goal and are both standing. They stand in opposite corners of the ring and then suddenly charge at each other. Batista goes for a clothesline but Michaels ducks and nails some knife-edge chops before being whipped to the ropes. Michaels rebounds and Batista lifts him up for a spinebuster and.. In midair Michaels puts his hands on the shoulders of Batista and manages to flip over Batista and land on his feet behind him. Batista turns around and.. Sweet Chin Music! Michaels falls backwards onto a lifeless Batista and hooks his leg, 1...2...3

Winner - Shawn Michaels via Pinfall

Michaels is still lying down in the ring as 'Sexy Boy' plays throughout the speakers and the crowd cheer for him. The referee lifts his arm up to symbolize him the victor.

Cole: What an amazing match, what an amazing match!

King: That was a fantastic match and I'm sure that Batista isn't dome with Michaels, I'm sure.

Video plays highlighting the bitterness between Edge and Chris Jericho over the World Heavyweight Championship.

King: And now for the main event, Cole!

Cole: This is sure to be a massive match, the World Heavyweight Championship is up for grabs.

King: Hopefully those Edge-Heads will stay out of this match. Jericho got the win against Batista this past week on Raw so he will be confident.

5...4...3...2...1...0...'Break Down the Walls' hits and Chris Jericho appears at the top of the ramp in his signature stance as the crowd cheer for him. He turns around and makes his way down to the ring.

Cole: Y..2..J, The #1 Contender for Edge's World Heavyweight Championship. And let me tell you, there is nothing Y2J wants more than the World Heavyweight Championship, so Edge better be ready for a fight tonight.

King: That's the same with Edge, this'll be a very close match and I am interested to see what happens at the end, who comes out on top.

'Metalingus' hits and World Heavyweight Champion Edge comes down to the ring with heat.

King: Ooooh, here he is! Edge is here and he seems ready to fight.

Cole: This will definitely be a fight.

Edge enters the ring and climbs up the turnbuckles to hold his title up high. He receives boos.

Main Event
World Heavyweight Championship
Single
Edge(c) vs Chris Jericho

The two decorated superstars stand on their respective sides of the ring as the crowd start to chant their names. The crowd start to get louder and louder and these two keep their eyes on each other. They gradually move into the middle and quickly lock-up. Edge starts to push Jericho towards the ropes but Jericho bails out of the predicament and appears behind Edge and wraps his arms around his waist and tries to perform a takedown but Edge elbows away behind him and eventually connects with the face of Jericho and gets the hold released. Jericho backs away nursing his face and looks up to a big boot to the face from Edge and Edge looks to get the early win with a hook of the leg, 1...2 Jericho kicks out, still nursing his face. Edge guides him back up to his feet as he does it. Edge locks Jericho in a headlock and keeps a good grip of it. Jericho tries to move himself towards the ropes but Edge keeps a firm hold of Jericho and he can't escape. Jericho starts to lose consciousness and Edge starts to lower down to his knees with Jericho still seemingly unconscious. The referee checks on Jericho to try and get a response, but doesn't.

The referee lifts the arm up of Jericho to try and determine consciousness, Jericho's arm drops the first time. The referee tries again, same response. The third time the arm gets lifted up and.. It stays up! Jericho starts to stand up and elbow Edge in the gut. He gets to his feet and finally gets released by Edge after numerous elbows to the gut. Jericho quickly runs to the ropes and rebounds, he nails a cross-body and keeps a hold so it is a pinning combo, 1...2 Edge kicks out. Both men get back to their feet. Jericho lands some right hands to the face of Edge before whipping him to the ropes. Edge rebounds and Jericho leaps up to connect with a dropkick that knocks Edge down to the canvas. Jericho capitalizes and quickly crawls over and hooks the leg, 1...2 Edge kicks out strongly. Both men are back up, Jericho with the minor upper-hand due to him nailing the most offensive moves. Jericho whips Edge to the ropes but it gets reversed, Jericho rebounds off the ropes and Edge gains the momentum with a flapjack on Jericho. Edge then quickly goes over and hooks the leg, 1...2.. Jericho kicks out, showing that he wants this title. Edge quickly gets back up to his feet, ready to try harder and harder to put Jericho away.

The challenger staggers back up. Edge tries to knock him back down with some strong right hands with a psychotic mind behind them. Jericho cops some but manages to block the majority. He then drops down below and nails a drop-toe-hold to an unsuspecting World Champion. Jericho then runs to the ropes and springboards off with a Lionsault to the back of Edge. Jericho turns him over and covers, 1...2... Edge keeps the title around his waist for the time being. Jericho is frustrated and starts to measure the Champion. Once Edge is on his feet, the second he is on them, Jericho grabs him and strongly whips him to the ropes, Jericho follows and rebounds a little after Edge and catches him with a running one-handed bulldog. Edge is face-down on the canvas and Jericho starts to stomp away at Edge, feeling confident. Suddenly that confidence goes away momentarily when Mr. Kennedy and John Morrison jump the barricade and appear at ringside. Jericho is curious as to why they are here. He goes over to the ropes but thinks better of it. He turns around and starts to guide Edge up and make an example out of him for Kennedy and Morrison.

Jericho drives his boot into the gut of the champion numerous times, forcing him to nurse his stomach. Jericho then retreats backwards a little and starts to climb the turnbuckles behind Edge. Jericho sits on the top rope and when Edge turns around he is greeted with a missile dropkick from the second rope. Jericho goes for the pin but Kennedy and Morrison call him over. They tease an attack and Jericho just shrugs them off. They then start arguing to buy time for Edge, whom is recovering. Jericho starts to lean over the ropes and threaten Morrison and Kennedy who relish this. Jericho then gets pulled from behind and is rolled up by Edge with his legs on the ropes, 1...2...3

Winner & Still World Heavyweight Champion - Edge via Roll-Up

Kennedy and John Morrison enter the ring and beat on Jericho before both raising one of Edge's arms to symbolize him as the victor.

King: Where did they come from?! Why did they help Edge?!

Cole: I don't know, but we'll find out this Monday on Raw.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Backlash review
BM: Punk vs. Kennedy- I loved this match, IMO it was perfect.
WM: The opening match- it wasn't bad, it just felt like a filler match.
BP: DiBiase family promo
WP: N/A
AC: "Generic rock music hits and Cody Rhodes comes down to a reasonable pop with DH Smith." I don't know why, but I just found this funny... The furthering of DiBiase's heel character was good... I was suprised that Benjamin pulled off the win for the IC title... Michaels vs. Batista was very good, but it was a bit too long... The ending of the main event was kinda predictable.
Plug: I posted POI Episode 16, please check it out and leave a review.