WWE: Do or Die

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CT Styles

MainBannercopy.png

The current time is April 7, a week and one night after Wrestlemania. The WWE has a lot of surprises in store because there is a new slogan going around backstage, 'Do or Die' because that is WWE's current theory. People seem to have given up on it because the ratings are dropping gradually week by week and more people are tuning into TNA so now the WWE has a new attitude, 'Do or Die' they are going to take risks and they are going to make some changes, freshen it up. They will push younger stars that are worth being pushed and they will get rid of superstars wasting space. The night after Wrestlemania RAW held a draft, no-one was safe, everyone was neutral, even General Managers, even Commentary. The World Tag Team Titles have been scrapped because the WWE feels no-one cares about it anymore and it's not going anywhere. ECW has been disbanded and some extremists will be chosen in the draft, some not. The bottom line is, WWE is changing, they have a new attitude and hopefully, a future.

RAWBannercopy-1.png

Monday Night RAW Management/On-Air Talent
General Manager: Shane McMahon
Commentary: Michael Cole and Jerry 'The King' Lawler
Backstage Interviewer: Maria Kanellis

Monday Night RAW Roster
Batista
Carlito
Chris Jericho
Chuck Palumbo
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Curt Hawkins
DH Smith
Edge
Elijah Burke
Gregory Helms
Ken Doane
Jeff Hardy
John 'Bradshaw' Layfield
John Morrison
JTG
Matt Sydal
Mr. Kennedy
Rey Mysterio
Shad
Shawn Michaels
Shelton Benjamin
Sonny Siaka
Ted DiBiase Jr.
Val Venis
Zack Ryder

Monday Night RAW Champions
World Heavyweight Champion: Edge
Intercontinental Champion: Elijah Burke
Light Heavyweight Championship: Rey Mysterio

Notes

wm24logo.jpg

Wrestlemania XXIV Results
Belfast Brawl
JBL def. Finlay w/Hornswoggle

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
CM Punk def. Shelton Benjamin, MVP, John Morrison, Carlito, Chris Jericho & Mr. Kennedy

Brand Superiority
Batista def. Umaga

ECW Championship
Kane def. Chavo Guerrero

Career Threatening Match
Shawn Michaels def. Ric Flair

WWE Championship
Randy Orton def. Triple H & John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship
Undertaker def. Edge

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Man, I really hope you don't get burned out again, as you are one of my favourite bookers on the site. Good luck.

Haight

Reaction score
Well UWA was pretty good, so I'll probably be reading this one. Good luck...I hope you stick with it.

Evil Austin

hey man good luck.. I thought you were burnt out but its good to see that didn't last more than a week... looks good and Ill read the first show, if you feel like it check out mine..

CT Styles

Official RAW Preview, April 7

Since last week's draft the rosters have changed and the championships were vacant, but that changed when Shane McMahon held massive title matches to determine who the new champions would be. In a World Heavyweight Championship Match, Edge def. JBL, Rey Mysterio and Chris Jericho after he speared Mysterio. Now Edge is at the top of the mountain, how long can he stay there? Chris Jericho has made it clear that he wants a rematch and he should be the World Heavyweight Champion and he seems intent on achieving that rematch. An Intercontinental Champion was also crowned in Elijah Burke, he defeated Carlito in a singles match. The Light Heavyweight Championship was on the line between Matt Sydal, Ken Doane, JTG & Rey Mysterio. Rey Mysterio got the win in a hard fought battle between the four amazing athletes.

Last week Batista confronted Shawn Michaels and expressed his disgust towards Shawn, claiming he should be ashamed and that he is just selfish. Michaels fired back claiming that if the roles were reversed, Flair would have done the same thing. The confrontation turned into a bitter exchange of words and Shane McMahon came out and broke it up before it got physical. McMahon got in between the two former world champions and decided that they would sort out their differences... At Backlash. Both superstars confidently smiled at the announcement and Michaels teased Sweet Chin Music and Batista did the same with a Batista Bomb. The two then separately exited the ring.

Chris Jericho is scheduled to hold a 'Highlight Reel' segment this week and it is unknown who his guest will be at this current time but knowing Chris it'll be an interesting segment. Another match that has been booked is Cody Rhodes vs Ted DiBiase Jr. The two young guns will be going at it one on one in the opening match-up. This will be DiBiase's WWE debut. CM Punk and Mr. Kennedy also had a bit of a heated confrontation backstage last week when Mr. Kennedy claimed he is the real Mr. Money in the Bank and that he was screwed out of the match last night. Punk found that hard to believe and Kennedy challenged him to a match tonight and the Straightedge Superstar accepted.

Known Card
Cody Rhodes vs Ted DiBiase Jr.

Chris Jericho's 'Highlight Reel'

Mr. Kennedy vs 'Mr. Money in the Bank' CM Punk

Evil Austin

Cody Rhodes vs Ted DiBiase Jr. - Its his first match.. his debut he should win probably stealing it somehow..

Chris Jericho's 'Highlight Reel' - looks interesting.. (my guess the guest will be Shawn ?)

Mr. Kennedy vs 'Mr. Money in the Bank' CM Punk - he is on a roll...

The Leviathan

Reaction score
This could be a good BTB. Good luck with this. I'll try to read your first show.

Here are my prediction:

Mr. Kennedy vs 'Mr. Money in the Bank' CM Punk

darren1455

Reaction score
Good BTB. Im definitely looking out for this, good luck

and BTW, where is JR?! BAH GAWD!

xtremebadass

Looks like a good first show coming down the road. I loved how the MITB is treated as a title, Kennedy vs. Punk seems very interesting. I hope to see Edge, so that it can be Y2J vs. Edge for the title. Odd not seeing Triple H or Cena on the roster, this is going to be great! :)

CT Styles

RAWBannercopy-1.png

Where: Fort Myers, Florida in the Everblades Arena

April 14, 2008

'To Be Loved' plays throughout the Everblades Arena as the second RAW of the wrestling year is about to take place.

Cole: Good evening ladies and gentleman and welcome to Monday Night Raw, I am here with my broadcast partner, Jerry 'The King' Lawler.

King: Thank you, Cole and what an exciting night we have ahead of us!

Cole: I completely agree, King. Tonight is set to be a massive night heading into Backlash..

Cody Rhodes' music hits and he comes down to the ring to a reasonable pop.

Cole: Cody Rhodes has a bright future in WWE, I think. He has great ring skills and is very humble. He isn't full of himself.

King: Oh Cole, you won't get anywhere without a little bit of confidence.

Cole: Don't get me wrong, King. He has confidence in himself but he doesn't let everyone know how good he is like some members of our roster.

Ted DiBiase Jr's music hits and he comes down to the ring with a 50/50 reaction.

Cole: Ted DiBiase Jr. Claims to be good, can he back it up?

King: I bet he can, Cole!

Match 1
Single

They circle around the ring, Ted has a cocky smile on his face but Cody just keeps his game-face on. They gradually move into the center of the ring and lock-up. Cody manages to get the opening advantage, locking in an armbar on the debuting Ted DiBiase. Ted manages to get to the ropes, thus Cody releases the submission maneuver. Ted fires back with an elbow that connects with the face of Cody and he stumbles back nursing his nose. Ted then capitalizes and whips Cody to the ropes. On the rebound Ted lands a dropkick to the oncoming Cody and follows it up with a hook of the leg, 1...2 Cody kicks out and Ted shows his frustration towards that. Cody and Ted are back up and Cody comes back to his senses and opens up an exchange of blows. Cody manages to gain the upper hand in the exchanging and gets Ted to the corner. He then whips him out of the corner and to the ropes. Upon Ted's rebound Cody leaps up to nail a dropkick of his own but Ted holds onto the ropes and Cody falls down to the canvas back-first and Ted then goes for another hook of the leg, 1...2 Cody kicks out.

Ted shows his frustration and lets it out on the crowd who boo back. Ted turns around, still on his knees and receives a kick to the jaw from the lying down Cody. Ted falls back and plants his hand on the canvas to break his fall. He gradually gets back up to his feet as does Cody and Cody hammers away at the back of Ted and then retreats back to the ropes and rebounds just in time for Ted to turn around into a flying back elbow. Ted stumbles back and Cody picks him back up to get him in position for a flow DDT but Ted manages to get out of it momentarily and tries to land a punch on Cody but he blocks it and kicks Ted in the gut to set him up for a DDT again but Ted catches the kick and lifts Cody onto his shoulders in a Fireman's Carry position. He signals money with his right hand and then performs a TKO on Cody. Cody drops like a sack of potatoes and Ted then confidently hooks the leg of Cody, 1...2...3

Winner - Ted DiBiase Jr. via Pinfall

King: What an impressive debut from Ted DiBiase!

Cole: Well, yes, I do have to agree with you King, it was impressive.

King: I don't think Cody knows what hit him after that TKO! And I have heard that Ted calls that 'The Moneymaker'

Cole: Well the 'Money Maker' will make you unconscious, that's for sure.

Commercial Break

Backstage

Edge is seen sitting down with Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder with his World Heavyweight Championship over his shoulder. They are talking until they are interrupted. By Chris Jericho.

Jericho: Edge, you know the 'Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla' had the match won last week, you know that that belt should be around this, gorgeous waist if mine.

Edge: Curt, Zack, excuse me for a second.

Edge stands up and adjusts the belt on his shoulder just to piss Jericho off.

Edge: I really, really doubt that Chris. You know why? Because I've held this titles so many times, how many times have you held it? Twice? I've been a World Champion five times.

Jericho: Since we're having a little history lesson here, let's go back to December 9, 2001 where I became the first Undisputed Champion and put myself in the history books. Edge, I want a shot at that title, I deserve a shot at that title and you damn well know that. So that is why now, Edge I am naming myself #1 Contender for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Jericho smirks at an unhappy Edge and turns around to leave.

Back at the Announcers Table

Cole: Well Chris Jericho making a big statement there, King. So now, it's Edge defending the World Heavyweight Championship against Y2J, Chris Jericho.

King: Well that should be a hell of a match but what about Shawn Michaels vs Batista!? These two have hated each other from the moment they have spoken.

Video recap of their encounter plays.

Cole: Well no doubt it will be a heated encounter at Backlash but lets draw our attention to the next match. Mr. Kennedy taking on Mr. Money in the Bank, CM Punk.

'Turn up the Trouble' hits and Mr. Kennedy comes down to the ring.

Cole: The loudmouth of Sports-Entertainment, Mr. Ken Kennedy.

Kennedy enters the ring and doesn't appear to be in ring gear which seems odd since he is scheduled to be wrestling CM Punk.

'This Fire Burns' hits and Mr. Money in the Bank, CM Punk comes down to the ring with a pop.

Cole: CM Punk, Mr. Money in the Bank and Kennedy has shown his jealousy over that.

King: So what?! Kennedy deserves that briefcase, he was screwed out of the match!

Cole: How, King?

King: That doesn't matter Cole.

Kennedy smirks at CM Punk. He has a microphone and Punk approaches him ready to start the fight.

Kennedy: Woah, woah, woah. What do you think you're doing? You think you're fighting me? You must have misheard, you, you're fighting this man!

JBL's music hits and he comes down to the ring with heat.

Kennedy: He'll punish you for screwing me out of the Money in the Bank match.

Punk tries to explain he didn't screw him out of the match but JBL attacks him from behind.

Match 2
Single
CM Punk vs JBL w/Mr. Kennedy

JBL continues to hammer away at the back of Punk until he is on his knees. JBL then runs forward to the ropes and rebounds off with a big boot to the kneeling Punk, Punk falls backwards down to the canvas like a sack of potatoes. JBL then covers him with his forearm pressed strongly against the face of Mr. Money in the Bank, 1...2 Punk kicks out. JBL grabs Punk by his hair and guides him up before charging him into the corner and unloading with some vicious right and left hands that knock Punk senseless. Punk seems out of it and JBL plants a strong kick to the midsection of Punk and positions Punk's head in between his thighs and lifts him up for a Powerbomb but with Punk's limited ounces of strength he manages to counter that into a hurracanrana. Both men are down on the canvas and the referee starts to make the count, 1...2...3... JBL starts to get up. He reaches his feet and grabs Punk by the hair and guides him back up again. JBL this time whips him to the ropes and on the rebound bends forward to greet the weak and hurt Punk with a backdrop.

JBL then runs to the right and rebounds off the ropes and nails Punk with a strong deep elbow drop which he follows up by getting back up and running to the same ropes and delivering the same offense. JBL does this three times before nailing a fourth one that seems harder than all the rest. He then hooks the leg of the lifeless CM Punk, 1...2... Punk kicks out. JBL let's out his frustration on the canvas but then starts to unload some right hands to the defenseless face of Punk. Kennedy is on the sidelines loving every moment of this punishing. JBL gets up and awaits Punk to stagger up to two feet. Once Punk is almost there JBL retreats backwards to the ropes and rebounds with blistering speed, looking to connect with a Clothesline from Hell. JBL swings for it but Punk manages to duck the clothesline. JBL continues to the ropes and rebounds again, this time looking for a big boot but Punk drops down tot he canvas and JBL runs over him. When JBL turns around Punk is standing and nails a kicking combo that he follows up with a whip to the corner. Punk then follows JBL to the corner and..

Nails a charging high knee strike to JBL and follows that up with a bulldog from the corner. Punk is starting to build the momentum and he shows it, especially to Kennedy. Punk measures JBL as he gets to his feet. JBL turns around and Punk tries to get him in position for the Anaconda Vice but JBL manages to knee Punk in the stomach, thus Punk loses grip. Punk ducks another clothesline attempt and then lifts JBL up for the GTS but Kennedy is on the outside and grabs Punk's leg and pulls it forward, making Punk slip. JBL lands on his feet and nails a leg drop on Punk. Punk slowly gets up and JBL blocks the view the referee has of Kennedy and Kennedy nails a Low Blow from the outside on Punk and JBL rolls him up, 1...2...3

Winner - JBL via Roll-Up

Cole: Well that was just downright dirty!

King: What?! I didn't see anything!

Commercial Break

5...4...3...2...1...0...'Break Down the Walls' hits and Y2J Chris Jericho appears at the top of the ramp in street clothes doing his usual stance. He then makes his way down tot he ring which is set up for the 'Highlight Reel'.

He enters and waits for the pops to die down.

Jericho: Ladies, and Gentleman tonight this is going to be a great 'Highlight Reel', tonight this one, I think will get down and dirty, I think this will just ignite the differences and the hatred between these two. And that's right, I said these two, because there is two guests on tonight's 'Highlight Reel'. Ladies & Gentleman and Jerich-O-Holics of all ages, without further adu, I introduce to you 'The Animal' Batista!

'I Walk Alone' hits and Batista comes out to a 50/50 reaction.

Jericho: And 'The Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels!

'Sexy Boy' hits and Shawn Michaels slowly walks out with his head down.

Jericho: Dave, Shawn welcome to 'The Highlight Reel'. Now, you two both know why you're down he...

Batista: Jericho, shut up. This is between Me and Shawn. Shawn, you selfish piece of..

Batista pauses.

Batista: You self-centered has-been. Yes, I said it. What have you achieved since you returned to the WWE five years ago? One world title reign and a tag title reign. Oh wait, there's something else you achieved, you put 'Old Yellar' out of his misery.

Michaels: Dave, you know and I know that had the roles been reversed, Ric would have done the same thing.

Batista: Ric would have done what a real friend would do. He would let someone retire on their own terms.

Michaels: Well I must be a real friend because I was chosen. You know something Dave? I think that you're jealous, I think that you wanted to be picked but maybe Ric thought that you couldn't get the job done.

Batista: I couldn't get the job done? Shawn, I have got plenty of jobs done around here and you know what? You're going to be my next job. Because I'm going to put you, 'Old Yellar' out of your misery and end your career at Backlash, just like you did Ric.

Michaels starts to show some emotion, and it's anger. He looks up at Batista and unleashes something we haven't seen from Michaels in a long time. He grabs Batista by his jacket and unleashes strong right hands to the face. Batista though, manages to shield his face from any more damage and pushes Michaels off him and into some of the 'Highlight Reel' set. Jericho tries to break it up but he can't and Michaela and Batista continue to go at it. Michaels emerged from the set and jumps on Batista elbowing and punching and nailing forearms, anything he can to give Batista pain. Security and referees run down to the ring and restrain the two as Jericho looks on.

Cole: Good god! Imagine how physical their match at Backlash will be!

King: I can't wait!

Commercial Break

Backstage in Shane McMahon's Office

John Morrison walks in.

John: I want a match and I want it to be a #1 Contenders Match.

Shane: What!? You can't just walk in and expect me to give you a match like that!

John: Really?

John starts to knock things off Shane's desk.

John: It'll be for the Intercontinental Championship as well.

Back at Ringside

'Ain't No Stoppin' Me!' hits and Shelton Benjamin comes down to the ring.

Cole: This must be John Morrison's opponent, Shelton Benjamin.

King: Shelton Benjamin is so athletically gifted, it's amazing!

Cole: But so is John Morrison, so don't discount him, he is athletically gifted as well and this is a surefire amazing match.

John Morrison's music hits and he comes down to the ring.

Cole: Here is the creator of this match, John Morrison let's see whether this was a waste of time or not.

King: It was a very smart move, Cole, alright?

Cole: Whatever, King.

Match 3
#1 Contender for Intercontinental Championship
Shelton Benjamin vs John Morrison

Morrison immediately goes on the offense and lands some stiff forearm shots to the face of Benjamin before quickly whipping him tot he ropes and on the rebound he plants a dropkick to the oncoming Benjamin. Morrison then covers, 1... Benjamin kicks out immediately. Morrison guides Benjamin back up but Benjamin comes back to his senses and elbows Morrison in the gut and then whips him to the corner. Benjamin follows that up with stinger splash. Morrison stumbles out of the corner and Benjamin goes for a Paydirt but Morrison manages to hold onto the ropes and Benjamin crashes down to the canvas. Morrison then goes to the outside apron and awaits Benjamin to get back to his feet. Once Benjamin reaches his feet Morrison leaps up to the top of the ropes and springboards off the top and tries t connect with a clothesline but Benjamin sidesteps it and Morrison crashes down to the canvas. Benjamin then walks over casually and nails a cocky knee drop and hooks the leg of Morrison, 1...2 Morrison kicks out comfortably. Benjamin then gets up and taunts the crowd before awaiting Morrison.

Morrison gradually turns around and gets to his feet. Benjamin rebounds off the ropes in search of a clothesline but Morrison ducks and turns around to nail Benjamin with a step-up Enzuiguri. Benjamin stumbles and gradually drops to his knees. Morrison then takes a step back and plants a kick to the back of Benjamin's head and he falls face-first down to the canvas. Morrison turns him over and hooks the leg of Benjamin, 1...2 Benjamin kicks out holding his head. Morrison pushes him back down and places his forearm firmly over the face of Benjamin, 1...2 Benjamin kicks out again. Morrison expresses his disliking of the count to the referee but it makes no difference. Morrison guides Benjamin back up and plants an uppercut on Benjamin and he stumbles backwards to the ropes. Morrison then runs to the ropes and springboards off in search of an Enzuiguri but Benjamin manages to dodge it. He runs to the corner and times it perfectly. He leaps up to the top of the corner, showing his athleticism and leaps back, turning in midair to connect with a clothesline, taking out Morrison. Benjamin follows it up by hooking Morrison's leg, 1...2... Morrison kicks out.

Benjamin seems to have the match under control and guides Morrison to the corner to try and smack his head on the top of the turnbuckle but Morrison sticks his foot out and blocks the impact. He then fires back with an elbow to the gut of Benjamin and Benjamin stumbles backwards a bit. Morrison then places both feet on the bottom rope and leaps out backwards to connect with a back elbow to the face of Benjamin. Benjamin appears groggy in the middle of the ring. Morrison then runs to the ropes and springboards off to connect with an Enzuiguri and he does. He then stands over the lifeless Benjamin and is about to perform a shooting star splash but Jeff Hardy appears running down the ramp and attacks John Morrison. The referee rings the bell.

Winner - Shelton Benjamin via DQ

Jeff Hardy lands right hands to the face of Morrison until Elijah Burke appears out of the crowd and attacks Benjamin. The onslaught continues until..

'Here Comes the Money!' hits and Shane McMahon appears at the top of the ramp.

Shane: Guys, guys calm down. I think this next announcement will give all of you what you want.

They all stop and look up.

Shane: At Backlash, it will be Elijah Burke defending the Intercontinental Championship against Jeff Hardy, John Morrison and Shelton Benjamin. Now, can you all get out of my ring!

Commercial Break

Backstage

Rey Mysterio is seen entering the arena. Maria approaches him with a microphone.

Maria: Rey, do you know if you are booked in any matches here tonight?

Rey: ..

Shane McMahon suddenly appears.

Shane: I can answer that. Rey, you will be participating in a match and it's next! You'll be taking on Carlito in a Light Heavyweight Championship Match. And while I'm here, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, Batista and Edge. Get ready because you guys will be in our main event. Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho vs Batista and Edge.

Commercial Break

'Booyaka 619' hits and Rey Mysterio comes down to the ring with the Light Heavyweight Championship around his waist. The crowd pop for Rey.

Cole: Here comes the permanent underdog, Rey Mysterio. And he was hardly in the arena when he was told he has to defend his title, that's hardly fair!

King: Oh, you have to defend your title at some point, why not now?!

'I Spit in the Face..' hits and Carlito comes down to the ring to heat.

Cole: Carlito is obviously lucky that Shane McMahon has booked this match, he must have done something right.

King: Carlito is simply a great performer and that's why he was booked in this match-up.

Match 4
Light Heavyweight Championship
Single
Rey Mysterio(c) vs Carlito

Rey Mysterio sidesteps Carlito who charges at him swinging. Carlito runs into the ropes and Rey starts to kick the thighs of Carlito and Carlito starts to lose his balance and gradually falls down. Mysterio then nails a leg drop and then gets back to his feet and nails a moonsault splash and finishes it off with a pin, 1...2 Carlito kicks out to keep his Title hopes alive. Carlito gets straight back up and starts to pursue the fast Mysterio but can't catch him. Carlito tries to nail a clothesline but Mysterio just ducks and turns around to nail a dropkick to the back of Carlito's knee, knocking him back down awkwardly. Rey then goes to the outside apron and leaps up to the ropes and springboards off in search of a leg drop but Carlito moves out of the way and Rey lands on his ass. Carlito gets back up and kicks the sitting Rey in the face before firmly covering him with his forearm pressed against his face, 1...2 Mysterio kicks out. Carlito guides Rey up and whips him to the ropes and on the rebound goes for a dropkick but Rey holds onto the ropes and Carlito lands on the canvas.

Rey then runs forward and leaps on top of Carlito and lands some forearm shots before getting back to his feet and beginning to measure Carlito. Carlito slowly gets back up and Mysterio whips him to the ropes, on the rebound Carlito runs into a drop-toe-hold from Mysterio and he is in perfect position for the 619. Rey retreats backwards to the ropes behind him and rebounds off, he then goes for the 619 but Carlito moved. Rey lands back in on the canvas and Carlito capitalizes and stomps away at Rey until the referee restrains him. Carlito signals a title around his waist before leaping up and connecting with a knee drop to the face of Rey. Carlito drags Rey to the center of the ring and hooks the leg of Rey, 1...2.. Rey kicks out. Carlito guides him up and starts to get very physical. He unleashes some strong knees to the midsection of Rey before whipping him to the ropes but Rey somehow reverses. Carlito runs to the ropes and leaps up to springboard off with a back elbow that connects with Rey and he falls back down to the canvas. Carlito then measures Rey as he stumbles back to his feet groggily.

Carlito tries to connect with a deadly Backstabber but Rey manages to hold onto the ropes and Carlito crashes down to the canvas. Rey then measures Carlito and tries to set him up for the 619 by dropkicking him from behind but he is unsuccessful in doing so. Carlito then turns around and nails an uppercut to Rey and appears behind him to nail a devastating Backstabber and a cover, 1...2...3

Winner & New Light Heavyweight Champion - Carlito via Pinfall

Cole: Now that's just not fair! Rey didn't even know he was booked tonight!

King: Well he soon found out!

Commercial Break

'Metalingus' hits and World Heavyweight Champion Edge comes down to the ring.

Cole: The World Heavyweight Champion, Edge. He cheats to win but hey, you can't stop him. Chris Jericho might be able to at Backlash but Edge is hard to stop.

King: Could he stopped tonight?

Cole: I don't know, but we're about to find out.

'I Walk Alone' hits and Batista comes out to a 50/50 reaction.

Cole: This man had one hell of a confrontation with Shawn Michaels earlier tonight.

Recap plays.

King: Well imagine what could happen if these two get their hands on each other tonight.

Cole: I dread to think, partner.

5...4...3...2...1...0...'Break Down the Walls' hits and Y2J Chris Jericho comes down to the ring with a pop.

Cole: The Champion's Challenger, Y...2...J.

King: He's damn impressive, Cole. He's damn good.

Cole: I know he is partner, I've witnessed it.

'Sexy Boy' hits and Shawn Michaels comes down to the ring with a massive pop.

Cole: The Heartbreak Kid expressed a side of himself I haven't seen in a long time earlier tonight like we showed.

King: And right now he has a chance to express it again.

Cole: Oh god.

Main Event
Tag Team
Shawn Michaels & Chris Jericho vs Batista & World Heavyweight Champion Edge

Shawn Michaels and Edge start off in the ring. They circle the ring, Edge with a smirk, Michaels with his game face. They gradually move in close and lock up. Neither gains an inch until Michaels suddenly gets a side headlock on Edge. Edge then moves Michaels to the ropes and Michaels releases only to use the ropes to rebound off. He goes to the opposite ones and rebounds with a shoulder block that knocks Edge down. Michaels then runs to the ropes on his right and rebounds off them and runs over a now lying face-down Edge. He rebounds off the opposite ropes and Edge is standing and goes for an arm drag but Michaels reverses and nails one of his own. Edge then gets back up and swings at Michaels who blocks and then locks in an armbar. Michaels takes Edge over to his corner and tags in Jericho. Jericho comes in and elbows the twisted arm of Edge and he staggers away nursing his arm to tag in Batista. Batista charges at Jericho but Jericho ducks, Batista however, continues going and lands a shoulder block on Michaels who is on the apron, knocking him off.

Batista turns around to Jericho and receives a step-up Enzuiguri that crashes him down to the canvas. Jericho then hooks the leg, 1...2 Edge breaks it up. Jericho gets back up and chases Edge but Edge gets away to the outside apron. This time Jericho turns around into the offense, receiving a thunderous spinebuster from Batista and Batista taunts the crowd to a 50/50 reaction as he shakes the ropes and measures Jericho for the Batista Bomb. Jericho slowly gets up, nursing his back and finally gets to two feet and is kicked in the gut and positioned for the Batista Bomb. Batista then lifts him up so he is sitting on his shoulder but Jericho manages to land some punches to the head of Batista and rides him down to the canvas. Jericho then goes to the corner and tags in Michaels. Michaels starts to tune up the band and the crowd pop. 1...2...3...4...5 Batista gets to his feet and Michaels moves in closer to connect but Batista catches his boot and pulls him closer to nail a powerful clothesline. Batista then goes to his corner and tags in Edge. Edge surveys the hurt Michaels and does it in a way that attracts heat.

Edge then starts to stomp away at Michaels, looking at Jericho while he does it, which just infuriates Jericho who is dying to get in the ring. Edge then guides Michaels up by his hair and throws him in the corner where he unleashes some strong right hands to the face, one after another. Michaels tries to fight back but Edge overpowers him with a knee to the gut and out of nowhere, a DDT. Edge then hooks the leg of Michaels, 1...2... Rope Break. Michaels grabbed the rope. Edge gets him back up and whips him to the ropes near Jericho, Michaels had his arm out far enough for Jericho to get the blind-tag. Edge then retreats backwards and Batista gets a blind-tag also. Neither man is aware that the other did the same thing as Michaels runs into a big boot followed by a quick Edge-O-Matic and Michaels is down. Edge goes to the corner and Jericho emerges from the corner and into the ring. Batista nails a big boot and Jericho comes off the boot groggy and stumbles sideways for Edge to connect with a devastating spear. Batista then hooks the leg of the lifeless Jericho, 1...2...3

Winners - World Heavyweight Champion Edge & Batista via Pinfall

Batista and Edge then start to beat on the two lifeless bodies of Michaels and Jericho. 'Here Comes the Money' hits and Shane McMahon comes out.

Shane: Woah, woah, woah, guys, I like your style so that is why this match, is ordered to continue! It's an elimination tag match and Jericho is eliminated. Michaels and can continue receiving his punishment!

Main Event Part 2
Elimination Tag
Shawn Michaels vs Batista and World Heavyweight Champion Edge

Edge and Batista pounce onto the helpless Michaels. Batista stomps away at the knees of Michaels while Edge makes an example out of Michaels for Jericho, unleashing strong right hands to the face of Michaels, eventually busting him open. Edge doesn't stop though, he keeps going until he allows Batista a go. Batista pulls Michaels up by his hair and throws him into the corner where he unloads some shoulder thrusts to the midsection of Michaels. Batista then whips Michaels out of the corner and into Edge who nails a big boot. Michaels bounces off the boot and turns around into Batista who sets him up for a Batista Bomb. Michaels is soon on the receiving end of a thunderous Batista Bomb and he is now lifeless. Edge goes to the outside and rolls a lifeless Jericho into the ring. While Edge is out there, he grabs two chairs and the crowd boo. Edge then slides in the ring with the two chairs and places Michaels' head on top of one. Edge then gives the chair to Batista and allows him to do the honors. Batista lifts the chair up and SMASH! Batista connects with the Con-Chair-To on Michaels and the referee rings the bell.

Winner - Shawn Michaels via DQ

Batista then gives the chair to Edge and places Michaels' chair under Jericho. Edge has a sadistic look on his face as he lifts the chair up and.. SMASH! Jericho is on the receiving end of a Con-Chair-To and he is a bloody mess like Michaels.

RAW goes off the air.

Backlash Matches Announced
World Heavyweight Championship
Edge© vs Chris Jericho

Shawn Michaels vs Batista

Intercontinental Championship
Elijah Burke© vs John Morrison vs Jeff Hardy vs Shelton Benjamin​