WWE Considering a Special RAW Episode Later this Year

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WON said:
WWE officials have been talking about doing a special Monday night TV show later this year where SmackDown would be the first hour, Main Event would be the second hour and RAW would be the third hour. Each hour would have a different look with different announcers. This would be just a one-time special like the old-school RAW.

When I read the headline on the article I didn't expect this to be the special episode. It would certainly be unique to use each hour to focus on a different show. Will be great advertising for the other two shows but it just seems odd to me. It will probably play out like a normal RAW anyway since the same guys are used on the three shows.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Sounds utterly pointless, at least with the Old School Raw's you get the nostalgia pops and shit whereas with this it's just a mess.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Eh wouldn't really care for this and it just wouldn't flow well especially during one broadcast. Just doesn't interest me. Pointless as Dale said.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Its a fresh idea, but I don't know if it would work in reality, just seems a bit of mis-mass.

Killz

Reaction score
I think it would work. RAW is the ultimate vehicle to drive viewers to the other shows. The fact they often spend more time shilling the WWE app and various sponsors etc instead of their B and C shows baffles me. I know they have the SD! superstars and often book a match or appearance for SD! but they could do more, especially with the app's commercial videos, to sell the other shows. It would be cool to see and obviously unique but would it be any better at driving up ratings than Old School RAW or RAW roulette or even a properly planned and executed King of the Ring? I'm not so sure but maybe worth a shot.

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
This seems like a lot of effort in production just to say that they're taping three different shows in one episode. I honestly don't see much point in this at all.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Would be a bold move if this was a live show as well. Can't be too easy to completely change the sets over from one show to another, would need a long commercial break and a backstage segment or two to give them time to do it.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
With the brand split pretty much non-existent at this point I don't really see the point of doing this. Might attract some more viewers if they promote it enough though.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I just don't know why WWE doesn't redefine the Brand Split. And why is Main Event even focused? It doesn't have its own roster so thats pretty pointless. If they want something that could be successful in the long run, give the first or middle hour to NXT. Introduce some NXT talent to the main audience, see which ones seem to shine, and which ones fail, and then when they call a superstar up the majority of people will at least have some sort of idea of who they are.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
This would have been relevant if their were a brand split.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Shouldn't be too hard to pull off, the titantron setup nowadays is alot easier to use for all shows than the sets were 10 years ago. Production crew just switches the graphics, put a new sticker on the announce table and switch ring aprons, piece of cake.

Doe it interest me? No. I never seen Mainevent, if Trips wants to do something like this but ballsier....NXT on Raw.

TheTimidPimp

Reaction score
Yeah, this would be pretty awesome if they took the time to redefine the brand split and not have any guys crossing over between now and then, which I can't see happening. And if they replaced the Main Event hour with NXT. Be cool to see some cross brand interference if the rosters were clearly separated. It'd be a good way to set up a Raw v Smackdown classic Survivor Series match, and get the NXT guys some exposure, maybe elevate 1 or 2 of them to the main roster. But as it stands it's essentially just going to be business as usual with a set change every hour, that's dumb. DUMB. I don't see the point other than to promote those shows, and running some decent ads for them fairly regularly instead of violating my face with the WWE App every 10 minutes would be far more effective at that and far less hassle. I wouldn't mind seeing another draft after Summerslam to sort of cement the idea that the rosters are separate, followed by them actually sticking to it for a few months at least.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Sems to me like some crazy ass test of the announce team, ring crew, and so on.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Great idea that is being used about 7 years too late. Would have been great if they used this when it was Raw, SD and ECW.

Reactions: 1 person