WWE Cleans house. Release week 2016

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
There's a performance center with about 100 male roster talents alone down in Florida if they need to fatten a house show or say a Rumble out. And for jobbers there is always local talent who will gladly bump for anyone on the roster for less money just so they can say they've been in a WWE ring.

All of these releases have been talent who have been with the company for a long time (like 5 years minimum) and they have given up on in some way or another (Santino more because of his neck forcing him to retire).

That's my point, though - These guys they're firing are all recognizable to the WWE fanbase and most have done at least something that could be considered slightly worthwhile in the past, which makes beating them a little more credible than just beating some random Joe that no one's ever seen or heard of before.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
That's my point, though - These guys they're firing are all recognizable to the WWE fanbase and most have done at least something that could be considered slightly worthwhile in the past, which makes beating them a little more credible than just beating some random Joe that no one's ever seen or heard of before.
There's most likely some form of reasoning for all of these talents being let go if we go through them all.
Santino: His ring career is over and he has a new business set up, no reason to keep him on the payroll. If they need him for a comedy bit he can be paid per appearance.
Cameron: Bad attitude, stopped showing up for training at the PC apparently and badmouthing the company on social media.
Hornswoggle: Multiple failed drug tests and was apparently a pain in the ass to have on the road (apparently old Horny kept the spirit of the 80s and 90s locker room behavior alive, shitting in flower pots in hotels and such).
Barrett: Asked for his own release.
Sandow: This one is tricky since he was a model employee in every way it seems.
Colter: Was brought in as a favor to get him out of his house after his granddaughter got killed as a way to keep him occupied. Guess it was just time for him to enjoy retirement. Granted if I was ROH I would throw money at him until he took the book.
Riley: History of a bad attitude and bad behavior. And him going public with his hate and mockery of all these new guys being brought in was probably the straw that broke the camels back.

I also think WWE operates on a mentality of change being needed from time to time. And rather than cycle talent in and out of the TV cycle and paying people to not be on the road, they just let people go.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
So does WWE not have any midgets on the roster anymore?

Stopspot

Reaction score
So does WWE not have any midgets on the roster anymore?
2ef2ac17033380b9d1b7dc988915540a_crop_north.jpg

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
Hornswoggle - lmfao. Heard he's a huge asshole. His WeeLC match was pretty dope tho
Sandow - He'll be working the lower tier Indies for a while
Barrett - Probably going to do acting, etc but he could reach the same success as Galloway if he chooses to wrestle
Riley - Miz was, is and always will be better. I'd say it to his face
Colter - Should've kept him with Swagger, they were hot in 2013/2014
Cameron - One of the things I didn't think I'd live to see. Fox vs Melina
Santino - Heartbreaking. I'm one of the few Santino fans, thought he should've been the SmackDown GM when they moved to USA this year

Stopspot

Reaction score
lol'd

how's Aries doing in nxt anyway?
Had like two matches so far on TV + a Takeover match with Big Breakfast Banter Baron Corbin mania weekend. Good matches tho but nothing that sets the world on fire or anything like that.

But he's heading into a program with Nakamura for the next Takeover

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
While we knew about BNB for some time now, Sandow's release comes in as a surprise. Don't really care for the others guys though, but I kinda liked Zeb

Last edited:

Stopspot

Reaction score
Insiders/people with insider connections that I follow are hinting at there being about 2 more male releases today and possibly one woman.
One of the men being Mark Henry who is getting close to retirement

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Wasted. Wade and Sandow were horribly mismanaged. What's new though?

Nick

Reaction score

Hopefully somebody RTs this