WWE Cleans house. Release week 2016

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

rydogg

Multiple Time WWEF Hardcore Champ, BAYBAY!
Reaction score
Darren Young is so fucked
Unless he does something really stupid, I highly doubt it. Given that he's just began an angle with Bob Backlund. Plus being the first openly gay man under contract is good PR for WWE, they can't afford to cut D-Young

rydogg

Multiple Time WWEF Hardcore Champ, BAYBAY!
Reaction score
Sandow just got cut

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
Let Rosa Mendes be next.. She had her damn baby, now they can fire her worthless ass without getting sued.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
Unless he does something really stupid, I highly doubt it. Given that he's just began an angle with Bob Backlund. Plus being the first openly gay man under contract is good PR for WWE, they can't afford to cut D-Young
I'm telling you he's so done for. He will be lucky as fuck to stay

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
Let Rosa Mendes be next.. She had her damn baby, now they can fire her worthless ass without getting sued.
she's so fucked as well. Only reason they would keep her is for Total Divas

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I'm telling you he's so done for. He will be lucky as fuck to stay
WWE does not want that PR nightmare dude. They've caved for smaller things when it comes to GLAAD and other LGBT organisations

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Sandow now too, damn. I saw that one coming but I still really hate it. The dude got a big crowd reaction in every arena he went in. They easily could have given him some kind of mid-card run but what do I know. Wish him the best for sure.

Reactions: Indy

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
They'll probably think of something dumb to bring Hornswoggle back for, Zeb Colter hadn't done anything in a while. Had to look up who Alex Riley was, meh. Everyone knew Barrett was going, and hadn't Santino retired a while ago? Cameron was pretty much useless too, so no loss there.

Indy

Banned
Reaction score
They'll probably think of something dumb to bring Hornswoggle back for, Zeb Colter hadn't done anything in a while. Had to look up who Alex Riley was, meh. Everyone knew Barrett was going, and hadn't Santino retired a while ago? Cameron was pretty much useless too, so no loss there.
Santino broke his neck back in 2014. Feel bad for the guy, ngl.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Barrett is going to be the next Galloway for sure, minus the move to TNA. If he's smart.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Feel bad for Sandow. Really liked the dude and will miss him.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
So right now:
Hornswoggle - Not gonna be missed, he was just for the kids really
Sandow - thanks Sandow... :(
Barrett - thanks Barrett... :(
Riley - had so much potential, then came Cena
Colter - lol MexAmerica surely killed him
Cameron - FINALLY, now what's your favorite match again? Melina vs. Alicia Fox? Fuck outta here
Santino - Thought he was retired?

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I know WWE does an annual talent purge almost every year, but I still don't see the point in cutting a lot of these people. Just use them as jobbers, it's not like the company doesn't need those as well.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
There's a performance center with about 100 male roster talents alone down in Florida if they need to fatten a house show or say a Rumble out. And for jobbers there is always local talent who will gladly bump for anyone on the roster for less money just so they can say they've been in a WWE ring.

All of these releases have been talent who have been with the company for a long time (like 5 years minimum) and they have given up on in some way or another (Santino more because of his neck forcing him to retire).