WWE Champion CM Punk Reportedly Pulls a Blade Job on RAW, No Backstage Fallout Yet?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Re: WWE Champion CM Punk Reportedly Pulls a Blade Job on RAW, No Backstage Fallout Ye

^ Best example was Hart VS. Stone Cold Mania 13 now that was classic stuff.

The bigger story here as deezy hinted might be about Punk's power in the locker room. Not bothered about talking about blading.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Re: WWE Champion CM Punk Reportedly Pulls a Blade Job on RAW, No Backstage Fallout Ye

Bill Alfonso got busted open the hardway in a match with Beullah, that nearly killed him from blood loss.

I would rather them blade and make controlled cuts, than put their lives in danger. Take Flair for example, he is probably the best bleeder(thanks to the platinum blonde hair, that is now grey) a small cut, a small amount of blood appears, he grabs the sweat from his brow to make it smear farther, and rubs it into his hair so it is more visable. I rarely see blood trickle from his cuts. Austins cut at WM13 was far too deep, and is a result of trusting your opponent to blade you.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Bill Alfonso got busted open the hardway in a match with Beullah, that nearly killed him from blood loss.

I would rather them blade and make controlled cuts, than put their lives in danger. Take Flair for example, he is probably the best bleeder(thanks to the platinum blonde hair, that is now grey) a small cut, a small amount of blood appears, he grabs the sweat from his brow to make it smear farther, and rubs it into his hair so it is more visable. I rarely see blood trickle from his cuts. Austins cut at WM13 was far too deep, and is a result of trusting your opponent to blade you.

Maybe, but what I was talking about was how it added to the drama of the match and the whole story about Austin fighting the odds and becoming more poplaur in the process whereas Harts tactics made him more unpoplaur. Also the sight of Austin struggling in the sharpshooter with blood running down his face has to be one of the defineing images of any Mania.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score

^Harts tactics only made him unpopular in the Americans eyes, everywhere else they went he was still cheered as a hero.

Although it is an iconic sight(due to the blood from a stone t-shirt), I also dont think it ranks up there with Eddie & Benoit's closing moment, Rock & Hogan after their match, Liz reuniting with Macho, or HBK & Flair's retirements. Which in my mind define the emotion of Mania.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

^Harts tactics only made him unpopular in the Americans eyes, everywhere else they went he was still cheered as a hero.Although it is an iconic sight(due to the blood from a stone t-shirt), I also dont think it ranks up there with Eddie & Benoit's closing moment, Rock & Hogan after their match, Liz reuniting with Macho, or HBK & Flair's retirements. Which in my mind define the emotion of Mania.

Bit of a mute point considering he wrestled for an american promotion. I just loved how that match set the seeds for Hart's heel turn as well as fans connecting more with Austin, but it did it in a believeable way and through wrestling perfectly showing the art form it can be.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score

Not really considering the fact that the WWF at the time was travelling all over the world, possibly even more durring that era than they do now. You also had about 10 Raw's from Canada every year(not just Montreal, Vancouver, & Toronto). There was lots of time for Hart to play the hero.

And never tell Vince that you think the WWE is an American promotion, I think you would give him a heart attack.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

^ No sure I get that but surely the main thing for them is that he was booed in america, you can never predict how things will go down elsewhere. Also don't you think it made the angle more interesting the fact he was still a hero in canada? It was this aspect which made it so different to other feuds at the time.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

I don't see the purpose for it. Sure I love a good bloody fight, but in a match against Jerry Lawler? What in the actual fuck?

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score

That was the thing I enjoyed most about the feud. Being a Canadian it really got the point across about how the values of Canadian & American life are so very different, and yet as far fetched as this may sound, our cultures are probably the most similair out of any 2 nations in the world.

But from what I have been able to find out about that time(reading wrestlers biobooks), that was how they planned on the story working from the get go. If they thought it would work as well as it did is a completely different arguement.

Vince likes to think his promotion is a World Wide Phenomenon, not an American promotion.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Bit of a mute point considering he wrestled for an american promotion. I just loved how that match set the seeds for Hart's heel turn as well as fans connecting more with Austin, but it did it in a believeable way and through wrestling perfectly showing the art form it can be.

How exactly is it a moot point because he was working in America? He was still working what the bookers told him to do.

Anywho, blading never made sense to me, especially if you put in a sport like context. If a boxer or now a MMA fighter had a deep cut, what does the ref do? He gets it clean.

Doesn't add realism at all imo