WWE bringing NXT to TV

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
No doubt WWE would get off on that if it happened, the idea that their show of rookies dominates TNA's main roster (including Hogan.)

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
TNA is Spike's most watched show by far at an average of 0.99 million viewers a week up top 1.3 mil. That's with zero marketing.

And yet they still treat it like shit.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Ahh cool i'll give it a shot if/when i get extra time.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
No doubt WWE would get off on that if it happened, the idea that their show of rookies dominates TNA's main roster (including Hogan.)
He said a network the size of Spike, not Spike. No way Spike would bring NXT in and shit on TNA.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
And yet they still treat it like shit.
Isn't Spike pretty generious towards TNA? I think they front half of Angle and Sting's paychecks or something like that. Plus it's Spike's cameras and lighting crews that go with TNA on the road if I understand it correctly.

But being put on Spike isn't exactly hard. It's a failing network in the third tier.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
It would give Spike a chance to counter-advertise if people watch (iirc Main Event is getting half the ratings of Impact so not sure if NXT would do any better)

Throw Impact ads during NXT and maybe TNA can eventually challenge Smackdown

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
He said a network the size of Spike, not Spike. No way Spike would bring NXT in and shit on TNA.

If NXT's ratings were as good or especially better than Impact's, WWE would still laugh their asses off. I wouldn't even put it past them to be pompous and brag about such a thing in their "Did You Know" Raw trivia.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Well I don't watch television, I watch everything via online. This has no effect on me whatsoever unless one of my friends want to watch it at their house I guess. Good for everyone else though who wants to watch some good wrestling, or see the future of WWE. The only bad thing I see is, if NXT picks up on popularity, will the main roster writing crew or even Vince start interfering with the show and change it into a second Smackdown kind of written show? Basically with more drama, start putting in less wrestling, etc. If they do that, then they'll ruin the show, but at the same time HHH has control over it. I can see HHH keeping his writing team, and him being able to convince Vince to keep the show how it is.

After all, it's a show for pre WWE superstars to shine. I can't see it being higher then Raw or Smackdown since it has lots of wrestling, and casuals want tons of promos and segments as oppose to the good amount of wrestling NXT provides.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
If NXT's ratings were as good or especially better than Impact's, WWE would still laugh their asses off. I wouldn't even put it past them to be pompous and brag about such a thing in their "Did You Know" Raw trivia.
They would never mention TNA on Raw, but yea, I'm sure WWE would get off on it, even though beating TNA ratings is something Frank the Jock could probably do on his Youtube page if he had the WWE marketing machine behind him.

Stopspot

Reaction score
They would never mention TNA on Raw, but yea, I'm sure WWE would get off on it, even though beating TNA ratings is something Frank the Jock could probably do on his Youtube page if he had the WWE marketing machine behind him.
Frank putting TNA out of buildness?

Stopspot

Reaction score
We noted before that WWE is planning on bringing NXT TV to the United States this fall. Word is that SyFy may be the network to air the one-hour show.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Kinda saw that coming, they did have ECW and NXT there before. Can see it being on Tuesdays 8/7 too :pity: