WWE bringing NXT to TV

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
WWE officials are planning on bringing NXT’s TV show to the United States beginning this fall. The idea is to use the show as a way to introduce the developmental talents to WWE’s TV audience, similar to the last ECW TV program was done.
The plan is for NXT, which currently airs overseas, to remain one-hour on American TV. WWE officials are high on the idea of making another $100,000 per week without any extra costs because NXT is already being taped.

This doesnt really affect me as its on my TV because im in the UK but it would be awesome to let the US guys watch it on TV.

Source:pWMania.com

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Moving to the Smackdown and NXT section.

Good move to get it on TV though. It is a great show and more Americans need to see it.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Moving to the Smackdown and NXT section.

Good move to get it on TV though. It is a great show and more Americans need to see it.
Whoops sorry

Stopspot

Reaction score
Hopefully this doesn't effect the way NXT is being booked. The developmental booking team is doing great with the NXT product.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
God yes. I hope so, but wonder how well it will rate. After all Superstars was cancelled, WWECW was on it's way... how will the casuals respond to NXT?

Would prefer it if they bring it on the road. Must be odd for someone like Summer Rae to go from that little sound stage to being in front of full arenas.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Hopefully this doesn't effect the way NXT is being booked. The developmental booking team is doing great with the NXT product.
Do you happen to know who books NXT? Is it the same writers as the TV shows, or are they completely different? I know HHH is the lead, but he doesn't do it all himself.

Stopspot

Reaction score
God yes. I hope so, but wonder how well it will rate. After all Superstars was cancelled, WWECW was on it's way... how will the casuals respond to NXT?

Would prefer it if they bring it on the road. Must be odd for someone like Summer Rae to go from that little sound stage to being in front of full arenas.
On the road costs more. Especially shipping out the NXT guys to whatever arena WWE is in that week to shoot it, then send them back to Florida. It is much cheaper to send whatever WWE guy is needed to NXT once a month.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Do you happen to know who books NXT? Is it the same writers as the TV shows, or are they completely different? I know HHH is the lead, but he doesn't do it all himself.
Dusty Rhodes was main booker for FCW. I guess he still remains in some form of creative control in NXT but I don't know for sure. I also think that the black ring announcer (can't remember his name) who was on commentary also has some sort of role in it backstage.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
This is great. It doesnt really matter for me, but more people watching the best product on the WWE atm will have some sort of impact on RAW and SD!

Stopspot

Reaction score
To clear my previous statement. The NXT booking team is completely different to the TV show one. Dusty Rhodes is involved but I don't know if he is the head writer anymore, pretty sure he is but I cannot guarantee it.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
On the road costs more. Especially shipping out the NXT guys to whatever arena WWE is in that week to shoot it, then send them back to Florida. It is much cheaper to send whatever WWE guy is needed to NXT once a month.

Well that's true. Was thinking it would get them more prepared, but they seem to be bringing people up so slowly anyway (like Big E being a bodyguard to get accustomed to life on the road) so it doesn't really matter