• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE Battleground 2014 Preview & Live Discussion Thread

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Yeah, the PPV's are really just a great bonus, the network content is pretty much good enough for me. Now if they can just get that Monday Night Wars show up and running I'll be even happier.

Agreed. I didn't realize at first they were going to be a part of it.

I could have sworn I saw it say most would come with an extra charge, I just wanted it for all the great original show, PPV catalog and TV replays.

It's honestly the greatest thing WWE has ever done, and the most worth it subscription service since Netflix, maybe even better.

That taste they gave us is driving me crazy. It was so good, and now they're making us wait until August.

Does it seem like they're timing it to drop when Raw hits September in 1995 and they release each episode of Nitro with the Raw from that week?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
That taste they gave us is driving me crazy. It was so good, and now they're making us wait until August.

Does it seem like they're timing it to drop when Raw hits September in 1995 and they release each episode of Nitro with the Raw from that week?
Yeah, the first episode was great. Not a whole lot of new info but a really suitable opener.

I had a similar thought, since I was sure they said they were going to be putting up all the Nitro's along with the Raw's. It would make perfect sense to put a new one up each Monday to coincide with the dates. Either way, I can't wait and I'll be sure to be in discussion for the Nitro's when we do them. I always preferred their overall show, even though I felt most of the wrestling was better on Raw.

EDIT: Sorry, to clarify that a bit, I preferred WWE's wrestling (Raw, PPV's) to WCW's. Most of the time anyway.

Kross Rhodes

Yeah, the first episode was great. Not a whole lot of new info but a really suitable opener.

I had a similar thought, since I was sure they said they were going to be putting up all the Nitro's along with the Raw's. It would make perfect sense to put a new one up each Monday to coincide with the dates. Either way, I can't wait and I'll be sure to be in discussion for the Nitro's when we do them. I always preferred their overall show, even though I felt most of the wrestling was better on Raw.

EDIT: Sorry, to clarify that a bit, I preferred WWE's wrestling (Raw, PPV's) to WCW's. Most of the time anyway.

A lot of recycled footage, but I thought there were a few interesting tidbits they threw in. More emphasis on Turner for instance. I rather liked that.

It seems to make most sense, especially considering they haven't really been releasing SmackDown either, so I assume they're waiting for 1999 on those, too.

Oh, yeah, I am a huge Nitro mark. I preferred their over-all product.

Although I will say the WWF main events were generally better and some of the angles were definitely better.

We have to hook up discussions for Raw and Nitro when we get there. And I have to have you in there.

You, Wang and myself, and anyone else who wants to join the cool cats, will tear apart of the Monday Night Wars. Both the docs and the shows.

Swinny

Well shit. Jericho did win. Gotta think this continues though because I can't see Bray not coming out on top in this feud.

Kross Rhodes

Did Jericho really go over? I'm not getting mad or anything, but it seems that WWE doesn't want to put Bray over as much as we do.