OOC WWE 2K17 League Requests And Suggestions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What Will Be Our World Championship?

• Total voters

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
I think there should be more focus on promos because right now, nobody cares about doing good promos at this point. Think about it this way, Someone could just do this

*Grant Kidman comes to the ring*

Grant: I'm going to win

*End of segment*

That's terrible but right now it would still count as a promo for the week. Promos should mean more in the league because that's how you develop your character. So maybe whoever has the better promo gets something like Resiliency or something else, Then it would provide better promos because it gives a incentive.

CiV

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
or just make it sigs and fins only? much easier to gauge and I don't see how the normal move thing adds anything over the signature pinning thing.
that works for moi

Reactions: Geek773

CiV

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I think there should be more focus on promos because right now, nobody cares about doing good promos at this point. Think about it this way, Someone could just do this

*Grant Kidman comes to the ring*

Grant: I'm going to win

*End of segment*

That's terrible but right now it would still count as a promo for the week. Promos should mean more in the league because that's how you develop your character. So maybe whoever has the better promo gets something like Resiliency or something else, Then it would provide better promos because it gives a incentive.
I feel like maybe your standing on the card should be based just as much on your promos as it is on how you do in matches. It gives the insensitive growth for both matches and in promos.

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
I feel like maybe your standing on the card should be based just as much on your promos as it is on how you do in matches. It gives the insensitive growth for both matches and in promos.
Yeah, if you don't make an effort with promos then you can be Braun Strowman and be 30-0 without getting a title shot, and you can lose five matches in a row but still be last or second last match if your promos are consistently some of the best.

Don't know how it would actually work though - who judges promos? Do you have to be great at them to do well, or just show improvement?

CiV

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Yeah, if you don't make an effort with promos then you can be Braun Strowman and be 30-0 without getting a title shot, and you can lose five matches in a row but still be last or second last match if your promos are consistently some of the best.

Don't know how it would actually work though - who judges promos? Do you have to be great at them to do well, or just show improvement?
Maybe go off of ratings.

Maybe Frosty can decide, he is GM after all.

Ginothony Bamtano

I rate this forum a decent to strong 4
Banned
Reaction score
I think submission finishers are fine as long as at least one is hit/the match has exceeded a decent length (10-15 minutes) and if both guys are okay with it.

Regarding signatures, if both guys are okay with in, and at least two finishers have been hit, then I say go for it. Makes shit way more interesting and unpredictable.

No pinnig off normal moves though. That shit Blue.

CiV

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I think submission finishers are fine as long as at least one is hit/the match has exceeded a decent length (10-15 minutes) and if both guys are okay with it.

Regarding signatures, if both guys are okay with in, and at least two finishers have been hit, then I say go for it. Makes shit way more interesting and unpredictable.

No pinnig off normal moves though. That shit Blue.
I think that they should be usable from the outset. Putting a limit on when submissions can be used to win matches pretty much defeats the purpose.

Welsh-Wizard-97

Helo, dwi'n Gymry!
Reaction score
I think that they should be usable from the outset. Putting a limit on when submissions can be used to win matches pretty much defeats the purpose.
I 100% object against Submissions and the Normal Move pins since in every WWE game ever the Submission systems have been to easy to lose on, hence why I've seen Frosty get tapped to a COM and I've whooped some serious ass in ranked matches and annihilated someone and they just slapped on a submission and won so I'd prefer not to have that be apart of the league.

Pinning off of Signatures on the other hand is fine by me.

CiV

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I 100% object against Submissions and the Normal Move pins since in every WWE game ever the Submission systems have been to easy to lose on, hence why I've seen Frosty get tapped to a COM and I've whooped some serious ass in ranked matches and annihilated someone and they just slapped on a submission and won so I'd prefer not to have that be apart of the league.

Normal moves if off the table, dont worry aboot it.

But the thing is, I guarantee you the reason that you can't get out of submissions is because you just aren't good at getting out of them. Unlike most other things in 2K there is a learning curve to it.

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score

I feel like a lot of that is that people don't practice the submission system. Ofc if the 2k17 submission system is awful then submissions shouldn't be allowed but if it's good it could be a great addition. Remember only submission finishers ONLY would be allowed.

Welsh-Wizard-97

Helo, dwi'n Gymry!
Reaction score
Normal moves if off the table, dont worry aboot it.

But the thing is, I guarantee you the reason that you can't get out of submissions is because you just aren't good at getting out of them. Unlike most other things in 2K there is a learning curve to it.
Well my not being good at them probably comes from the fact that I don't use them because the only people that I've seen use them online have been spammers, stallers and other "ers" people that're down right cheap in their play styles so I don't ever plan on using them... I always try them out in a new game to see if they've improved but if I feel that it's the same old shit then I'll never use it.

Reactions: Closed

CiV

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Well my not being good at them probably comes from the fact that I don't use them because the only people that I've seen use them online have been spammers, stallers and other "ers" people that're down right cheap in their play styles so I don't ever plan on using them... I always try them out in a new game to see if they've improved but if I feel that it's the same old shit then I'll never use it.
well the spammers will still spam them, thats why you need to get good at them. it's like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Last year was completely different and significantly improved as a system. It's a skill like kickouts or online reversals
I feel like a lot of that is that people don't practice the submission system. Ofc if the 2k17 submission system is awful then submissions shouldn't be allowed but if it's good it could be a great addition. Remember only submission finishers ONLY would be allowed.

Welsh-Wizard-97

Helo, dwi'n Gymry!
Reaction score
well the spammers will still spam them, thats why you need to get good at them. it's like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Last year was completely different and significantly improved as a system. It's a skill like kickouts or online reversals
Okay, get online and let me get a submission on you and I bet you 100 Monopoly money that I, someone who never uses the submission system, could tap you out.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
People could just put their submission stat to 90 which will fuck you all. The bar sizes would be laughably bad. It would end up as a cheap tactic to end a match fast because someone keeps kicking out, and we had the discussion about people kicking out a few months ago, and that was in favor of having no limits. This clearly would be used to have an easy win