WS Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame 2022 Induction Ceremony

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

wQUmxkH.jpg

Wrestling Smarks Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame
2022 Induction Ceremony

It's that time again. :garrett

We are once again prepared to unveil this year's class of esteemed pro wrestlers joining the Wrestling Smarks Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame, established to commemorate the legends of this industry who have provided us with countless memories! Following two excellent classes which have included a total of ten absolute icons of this industry, I have a great feeling that this year's class will measure up to the incredibly high standards we've set over the prior two years. This year we will induct five new wrestlers that I think you will all find embody the versatility, tenacity and high skill level that are required to make your mark as a great in this field of work.

Induction will begin RIGHT NOW and continue over the next 2 or 3 days as I work to get everyone announced. Follow along to find out who will be added to this distinguished Hall, immortalizing their place as bona fide legends, hand-picked by none other than the WS community.

Now, without further delay - let's get started. And where else should we start than in the Golden Age of wrestling history?

The first inductee of the 2022 class is a man whose impact on the wrestling industry often goes understated. He was the perfect wrestler in the perfect time and place to help kick off a boom that would take pro wrestling to never-before-seen levels! In the mid-80s, as wrestling and pop culture were on a collision course that would rocket the WWF into the cultural zeitgeist, it was quite apparent who WWF was hitching their proverbial wagon to... that, of course, would be Hulk Hogan. But what is a hero without an equally great villain to play foil to? That is where this man stepped in. While The Hulkster was the role model that society wanted for their children in the 80s, this man was a controversial figure who never shied away from playing depraved mind games with his opponents and inciting vitriolic hate in the audience. Runs in San Francisco, Portland and Georgia had seasoned this man to step up and become the heel that would lead the way for the biggest wrestling boom period to that point. As his career progressed and he would oscillate between promotions, stepping into a variety of roles and varying between playing face and heel, his popularity would never wane and his propensity for cutting blistering promos that always ensured an emotional investment from the crowd was an ever constant strength of his that few could measure up to... Please welcome to the Wrestling Smarks Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame --

ROWDY
RODDY PIPER

nv5kzMA.png

In many people's opinion, Piper is THE consummate mic worker, and who could disagree? If the name of the game is getting fans to buy into and invest in what they're seeing, then Piper belongs on the Mount Rushmore of wrestling. After all, he was hardly ever considered to be the best nuts and bolts wrestler around, but what he lacked in "technical" ability, he more than made up for with his enthralling mic work and intense brawling. It didn't matter if his job was to provoke the crowd into a frenzy and have them frothing at the mouth, or to play a sympathetic underdog who could tug at your heartstrings with his emotional performances... he has a case as being the best at playing either side of the coin. He just knew how to make things feel important, no matter what he was given, and that's the mark of a true professional. Piper will be remembered for a number of iconic rivalries and matches, and there's no doubt at all that his influence is still being felt throughout the industry. Look no further than "The Baddest Woman on the Planet" Ronda Rousey or the recent MJF/Punk feud and Dog Collar Match for evidence of the legacy he's left behind. With such a huge imprint of pro wrestling history, it was only a matter of time until "The Hotrod" joined the Wrestling Smarks Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame and I'm pleased to say that that time is now!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Somewhere out there some Bagpipes just started to play.

Finally the WS Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame got rowdy.

:proud

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Whether a Heel or Babyface Piper is one of those talents that could back up what he said on the Microphone and you believed it. A rare thing these days congrats Piper.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Arguably the greatest mic worker of all time. One of the best heels of all time. Certainly a top superstar in the 80s. He was in my final list so I’m definitely happy with this one.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
It says a lot about a guy when they’re willing to put everything on the line for the sport of pro wrestling. To be prepared to do whatever it takes to create beautiful carnage inside the squared circle, in pursuit of creating a magic moment that will inspire future generations of fans just like you… It requires a level of passion that is, frankly, hard for many to understand.

When it comes to passion, our next inductee is in a very exclusive class that is composed only of the most dedicated performers of all time! Deciding to follow his dreams after witnessing one of wrestling history’s most captivating moments - this man would go on to become the guy to inspire millions of fans by overcoming the industry’s pre-conceived notion of what a “star” is supposed to look like and always being willing to go the extra mile to create lasting memories that would define an era. Please welcome the second inductee of the 2022 Wrestling Smarks Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame class --

“MRS. FOLEY’S BABY BOY”
MICK FOLEY

thsQlbR.png

Talk about a true one-of-a-kind talent. Foley is famous for switching between gimmicks so seamlessly that many fans more or less saw them all as separate entities, even when it was always apparent who was underneath the gimmick. In fact, Foley was just
so good that you could induct each of “The Four Faces of Foley” individually into a Hall of Fame! You can probably count on one hand the number of wrestlers to have ever competed that can match Foley’s range as a character. He possessed an ability to vacillate between unnerving and goofy… maniacal and heartfelt… comedic and sobering. The man’s zeal for pro wrestling was so deep and rich that you had no choice but to reciprocate his energy. I’ve already heaped so much praise on Foley, and we’re not even talking about his laundry list of legendary matches against the likes of The Rock, Undertaker, Vader, Shawn Michaels and Terry Funk to name a handful. And hell, we could be here all day discussing unforgettable moments like his loss of an ear in the middle of a match, multiple falls from Hell in a Cell, his game-changing WWF Title victory on Raw or the way he legitimized several future legends like Triple H, Randy Orton and Edge. Foley is an amazingly selfless and inspiring gentleman who set out to shock and instill the love of pro wrestling into the fans of tomorrow. He did this and so much more, for more people than he probably ever imagined - including many, if not all of us here at Wrestling Smarks! For this, he joins the 2022 Wrestling Smarks Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame class and takes his place in this forum’s history!

BANG! BANG!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Another excellent edition

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
It says a lot about a guy when they’re willing to put everything on the line for the sport of pro wrestling. To be prepared to do whatever it takes to create beautiful carnage inside the squared circle, in pursuit of creating a magic moment that will inspire future generations of fans just like you… It requires a level of passion that is, frankly, hard for many to understand.

When it comes to passion, our next inductee is in a very exclusive class that is composed only of the most dedicated performers of all time! Deciding to follow his dreams after witnessing one of wrestling history’s most captivating moments - this man would go on to become the guy to inspire millions of fans by overcoming the industry’s pre-conceived notion of what a “star” is supposed to look like and always being willing to go the extra mile to create lasting memories that would define an era. Please welcome the second inductee of the 2022 Wrestling Smarks Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame class --

“MRS. FOLEY’S BABY BOY”
MICK FOLEY

thsQlbR.png

Talk about a true one-of-a-kind talent. Foley is famous for switching between gimmicks so seamlessly that many fans more or less saw them all as separate entities, even when it was always apparent who was underneath the gimmick. In fact, Foley was just
so good that you could induct each of “The Four Faces of Foley” individually into a Hall of Fame! You can probably count on one hand the number of wrestlers to have ever competed that can match Foley’s range as a character. He possessed an ability to vacillate between unnerving and goofy… maniacal and heartfelt… comedic and sobering. The man’s zeal for pro wrestling was so deep and rich that you had no choice but to reciprocate his energy. I’ve already heaped so much praise on Foley, and we’re not even talking about his laundry list of legendary matches against the likes of The Rock, Undertaker, Vader, Shawn Michaels and Terry Funk to name a handful. And hell, we could be here all day discussing unforgettable moments like his loss of an ear in the middle of a match, multiple falls from Hell in a Cell, his game-changing WWF Title victory on Raw or the way he legitimized several future legends like Triple H, Randy Orton and Edge. Foley is an amazingly selfless and inspiring gentleman who set out to shock and instill the love of pro wrestling into the fans of tomorrow. He did this and so much more, for more people than he probably ever imagined - including many, if not all of us here at Wrestling Smarks! For this, he joins the 2022 Wrestling Smarks Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame class and takes his place in this forum’s history!

BANG! BANG!
Top 3 guy for me. Could not be happier

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
The amount of classics Foley put on is pretty endless. Incredible talent, great guy. Very happy to see him get inducted.

Elevated a lot of guys in his career too, especially Triple H.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yep can’t argue with this one either. One of the most passionate individuals in wrestling history and responsible for arguably the most iconic moment of all time. Numerous classic matches. Literally would put his body through ANYTHING.

More importantly 2/2 of my final list have gotten in. Let’s see if I can go 5/5.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Roddy was 3 and Mick was 2 on my final list so it'd be real cool if my other 3 made it too lol

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Rolling on along!

The third act to enter this year’s Hall of Fame class was a dynamic and riveting performer whose run as a “top guy” was tragically brief, although filled to the brim with quality work. Nevertheless, long before he made it to the top of the mountain, this superstar was captivating fans worldwide in Mexico, Japan and the US, among other countries. His body of work was already the stuff of legend even before he had his crowning moment, but he then became a supernova of a performer who burned brighter and hotter than any wrestler can ever hope to. Though his time with us was cut short, this man provided us with matches and memories to last several lifetimes. He lied, he cheated and he stole our hearts. Here he is, folks: the third inductee of the 2022 class of the Wrestling Smarks Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame --

“LATINO HEAT”
EDDIE GUERRERO

sKWyk5u.png

I’m happy to be able to immortalize yet another one of my all-time favorites into this Hall of Fame! Some of my earliest wrestling memories involve Eddie Guerrero, who at the time was in the midst of his classic storyline with his “mamacita” Chyna. I then watched as he continued to gradually climb the ladder in WWE, continually putting in some of the best performances of the night and picking up momentum as a lovable, though flawed, babyface. I was elated when Eddie finally won the big one and I’ll stand by my belief that his peak as a main eventer between late 2003 to 2005 is one of the best runs in company history. It’s still amazing to consider how he was the sentimental favorite face as he pursued and defended the WWE Championship, and then quickly became the most reviled, sadistic heel in the company by the next year with his feud against Rey Mysterio. My opinion of him as a performer has only been bolstered over the years as I’ve been able to go back and admire his pre-WWE work, whether that be his run as Black Tiger in Japan, or as part of Los Gringos Locos in Mexico, or his stints stateside where he would produce some absolute scorchers like his series with Dean Malenko in ECW or the Halloween Havoc 1997 match with Rey Mysterio.

Eddie Guerrero is one of the finest technicians, high flyers, actors and entertainers in wrestling history and he is now a Wrestling Smarks Pro Wrestling Hall of Famer! VIVA LA RAZA!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler