WS Fantasy Basketball 2013-14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Notorious

Reaction score
Yeah I assumed PHX and PSYCH were arguing about shooting efficiency. Not PER which includes pretty much all stats you see on a box score.

Notorious

Reaction score
I also don't get the Brandon Knight hype. He's an average combo guard that shoots the ball inefficiently and is a terrible playmaker. The only reason why he'll start over Ridnour is because of his supposed "potential". Other than that, I'd argue Ridnour is better than Knight.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Umm, Mayo was more efficient last season than everyone you named except Redick and Dunleavy. Mayo had a TS% of 55.6. For comparison's sake: Nick Young (52.5%), Gary Neal (51.2%), Brandon Jennings (51.0%), Monta Ellis (49.3%).
I did say efficiency but even if you look at his shooting and scoring alone

He started hot and had inflated stats. He sucked ass when they needed wins. He plays up to his averages he would still be a maverick and they would've been in the playoffs.

The juicing fool didnt even average 9ppg in the month of April. He played 34mpg and couldn't score double digits. Averaged 4 assists to 3 turnovers and shot 38.9% from the field.

Hell his ppg slipped month by month 21, 17, 17, 15, 12, and finally 9. He wasnt consistent at all he just started out very well. Its similar to Harden but at least harden stayed effective even though he shot like shit in March and April when the pressure was on.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
I also don't get the Brandon Knight hype. He's an average combo guard that shoots the ball inefficiently and is a terrible playmaker. The only reason why he'll start over Ridnour is because of his supposed "potential". Other than that, I'd argue Ridnour is better than Knight.

Knight is the REAL Building Block. Bucks' GM John Hammond even said so: "He still has tremendous growth ahead after two solid years in the NBA," Hammond said. "He's a future building block to the organization because of the kind of player and person he is. Let's make it perfectly clear. He's a starting point guard in the NBA."

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I kinda wanted him to stay in Detroit and learn from Billups. A lot of those criticisms were applied to Chauncey early on. I think he's a better investment than Jennings since Jennigs is a poor mans Van Exel at best

Notorious

Reaction score
I did say efficiency but even if you look at his shooting and scoring alone

He started hot and had inflated stats. He sucked ass when they needed wins. He plays up to his averages he would still be a maverick and they would've been in the playoffs.

The juicing fool didnt even average 9ppg in the month of April. He played 34mpg and couldn't score double digits. Averaged 4 assists to 3 turnovers and shot 38.9% from the field.

Hell his ppg slipped month by month 21, 17, 17, 15, 12, and finally 9. He wasnt consistent at all he just started out very well. Its similar to Harden but at least harden stayed effective even though he shot like shit in March and April when the pressure was on.

Mayo was shit in the 2nd half of last season. Not denying that.

Doesn't change the fact that he shot the ball more efficiently last season than the likes of Monta Ellis, Brandon Jennings, Gary Neal and Nick Young.

Notorious

Reaction score
Knight is the REAL Building Block. Bucks' GM John Hammond even said so: "He still has tremendous growth ahead after two solid years in the NBA," Hammond said. "He's a future building block to the organization because of the kind of player and person he is. Let's make it perfectly clear. He's a starting point guard in the NBA."

Is that the same GM that traded Tobias Harris for 2 months of J.J. Redick?

Notorious

Reaction score
I kinda wanted him to stay in Detroit and learn from Billups. A lot of those criticisms were applied to Chauncey early on. I think he's a better investment than Jennings since Jennigs is a poor mans Van Exel at best

Well being a better investment than Jennings isn't really saying much. Knight isn't good. He's a combo guard that's average at best, can't shoot inefficiently, isn't good at creating for others and isn't anything special on defense. Knight does nothing for me, man. The only reason he's even a starting PG is because he was a top 10 pick and is still riding the whole "He's got potential" thing. Ridnour is better than Brandon Knight.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
Yes. He did so at the request of lolskiles, though. Plus, HENNIGAN (aka best GM in Basketball) has a way with words.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
Victor Oladipo had his best game of the preseason on Friday with 22 points, four boards, three assists, one steal and two 3-pointers on 6-of-12 shooting against the Grizzlies.

He made all eight of his free throws and attacked the hoop with six of his 12 shots coming from within two feet. Oladipo's jumper still hasn't clicked yet, but he's been able to knock down open triples so far. It was the third time in his five preseason games in which he's been able to shoot at least 50 percent, so his 59.9 percent from the field in his last year at Indiana seems to be translating to the NBA. He should be the first rookie off the board.

This is great. I may have drafted the Rookie of the year! :D

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
Well being a better investment than Jennings isn't really saying much. Knight isn't good. He's a combo guard that's average at best, can't shoot inefficiently, isn't good at creating for others and isn't anything special on defense. Knight does nothing for me, man. The only reason he's even a starting PG is because he was a top 10 pick and is still riding the whole "He's got potential" thing. Ridnour is better than Brandon Knight.

SO, YOU'VE SEEN THE LIGHT? :kobe:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Lets be clear, the ROY is Bennett

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Mayo was shit in the 2nd half of last season. Not denying that.

Doesn't change the fact that he shot the ball more efficiently last season than the likes of Monta Ellis, Brandon Jennings, Gary Neal and Nick Young.
Yeah pretty much I had Mayo on my team last year so obviously felt his impact of him him sucking ass the 2nd half of last year but I think the 1st half of last year is how he'll play with the Bucks. As for Knight just think he is much better off playing SG than PG.