WS Fantasy Basketball 2013-14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Should be fun when he pretends he never said any of the stuff he said about him
He's prime example of Pau. If you have a superstar he can look good and be the second guy, but then again I've always said since the day he got the deal Pau never deserved a max deal for Kobe making him look better than he is. You don't make that mistake and give Love 20mil, so he can age and turn into what Pau has become

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
You know I'm not really up and arms about these players getting the deals they do because of how much the league and such makes and don't have anything against these players making their money. It's not like the players who might truly deserve a max deal aren't getting ones themselves (think you're Blue saying Chris Paul isn't worth one but we will never agree on that)

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
You know I'm not really up and arms about these players getting the deals they do because of how much the league and such makes and don't have anything against these players making their money. It's not like the players who might truly deserve a max deal aren't getting ones themselves (think you're Blue saying Chris Paul isn't worth one but we will never agree on that)
It's the way the cap works and the problem with it not being a free market. Ideally max is superstar money, and realistically for a superstar its a gross underpayment with their talent, revenue generations, etc as the Bron, Kobe, Melo, KDs of the world should be getting baseball money in a free market.

My problem comes in when you pay guys like Love who stats don't equate to wins, guys like Pau 20M who can't win a playoff game without Kobe, or guys like Paul who has never outplayed his counterparts in his playoff career despite being the supposed best in the world at his spot (see Conely matching, Billups and Parker bettering, and his hca losses because he simply couldn't play 40mins or step up and drop 30 a series or lockdown his guy like Kidd or Payton or continue to run a top offense like Stockton in the playoffs.).

I just think they need to be getting all star money and not hamstringing some cap because they are fake franchise guys. I mean for gods sake lets look at this, Bynum got paid more than Shaq early on and George, Harden, and the like have been paid more than 3 peat Frobe. It doesn't add up to me and never will when you pay all stars, superstar money like they elevate their teams on their backs, get postseason success, sell out arenas at home and on the road, and draw ratings. Its just bad business

PSYCH, what would you put your percentage chance at beating me next week?
I haven't even checked total games played tbh with you. I will and get back to you

Notorious

Reaction score
Nah I'm still sticking to that like I would've with Paul. They aren't max guys. They are seconds if Kobe is 90% of last years Kobe or 1/3 of a big 3 if Kobe's just an all star. You can't depend on Love to win you games, like I knew no team with Paul as your best guy is going to have playoff success.

I'm sticking by the fact the only max guys are Bron and Melo in 14 and then Durant in 16. Love, Rondo, Bosh, Gay, Aldridge aren't max guys. No need to speak of the rfas. I'm fact I'd probably pay rondo more than Love. And if. Love wants max money, talk to Bosh after you got other pieces.

Paul as in CP3? You don't think the best PG in the NBA is a max player?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Let me add in I don't buy the Kyrie hype either. He's constantly hurt, one of the worse defensive PGs, average passer, and his scoring doesn't help the team win games. I don't think he's a superstar or superstar in making like espn says either

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Meeks score me some points!

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Paul as in CP3? You don't think the best PG in the NBA is a max player?
No.

The best PG in the league performs like the best fucking pg in the league in the playoffs. He does not get evenly matched or outplayed his whole playoff life by his individual matchups. Billups dusted him something awful in Denver, Conley basically washed him last year, and Parker has played him even if not better their playoff matchups. The best pg in the league doesn't let his team lose with hca in a series multiple times. The best pg in the league in the regular season doesn't get routinely obliterated by Rondo or. Deron. The best in the world at their position does what Kobe does to sgs like Manu, Bron to SFs, MJ did to Clyde, and the like in a postseason which he's never once displayed.

can you name aeries where Paul took over? Even in a loss he's never had that. Vince moment or Tracy moment where you say he played his ass off and was the best guy for a series but team didnt show like a top player

CP3 is an all star pg, not a superstar. He can't be your best player if you want playoff success. Stockton was a superstar pg and his offenses remained elite on the playoffs where Paul's fall off when keyed in on. Payton locked fuckers up at pg or SG to elevate his team in the playoffs. Kidd led his team to b2b finals while locking guys up, scoring, running a top O, and rebounding like a man and logging big minutes. We don't even have to touch on what Magic or Isiah did in playoff basketball.

Paul provides too many limitations to be deemed a superstar or max guy. He doesn't outplay his position in a series. He isn't a great defender, he's excellent help but not man. He can't get you big points over a series. He can't log 40 minutes a night in a series. He's never played a full season. He lacks a piece of a meniscus. He needs a minute cap during the season in what should be his prime. He's a regular season pg and all star in a league filled with all star PGs.

The last superstar pg was. Kidd in NJ in terms of impact and winning .. Not Deron, not Paul, not Nash, not Rondo ... And a pg doesn't win you a title in this league either over the past two decades, so no hell no I wouldn't max him

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Meeks score me some points!
Calling it, 15.

All hes he's told to do is run and gun with Farmar. Just catch and shoot on O, and then on D press his guy. His the black Sasha

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Seems like a good amount of us are hoping for some Lakers players to do good tonight lol.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yahoo needs to fix the matchup page. The day totals are fucked up. I see my days, but all bens week shows up. Same goes for counting Branduns games next week, they all show week totals over daily games

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Dantoni better give hill 15 mins with the small checkers so I can win orebs. And he better play LAs best player, Farmar

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Dantoni better give hill 15 mins with the small checkers so I can win orebs. And he better play LAs best player, Farmar
Pau hurt?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
As long as Paus settling for jumpers he's not better than Farmar or Hill in terms of presence. At 20mil and as a cap he should make teams react to him, but he hasn't at all these past 3 games. He's settling. Farmar makes shit happen and is the reason the bench has scored so well. Hill is the one playing D. Nothing Pau is doing right now can't be replicated by Kaman with the same minutes as he's just a jump shooter over being a post threat or anchor. Paus brought no accountability which is why his starting unit has sucked and Kobe's needed to go ISO with that group, he's just outright not sucked like Blake, Nash, and Wiliams.

I would rank them Farmar, Hill, Henry, Pau, Meeks, Kaman, Wes, Williams, Blake, and Nash in that order

Last edited: