WS Fantasy Basketball 2012-13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Notorious

Reaction score
Afflalo didn't get traded because of him not living up to his contract. Would you rather have Arron Afflalo or Andre Iguodala?

Notorious

Reaction score
Austin Rivers sprained his ankle tonight against the Mavs.

Sucks for the Hornets to probably start the season without both Gordon & Rivers.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
IGGY but not for max price. He isn't a max player IMO. And yeah Kobe exposed the fuck out of Afflalo in that first round so they realized they needed a swing who could actually put the ball on the floor and defend on the court not by rep. Afflalo couldn't even close games over Miller in the playoffs.

I am happy they took Iggy because he makes Denver better and much more fun to watch, while LA got Dwight, but I still will never agree that Iggy is worth his contract

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
Austin Rivers sprained his ankle tonight against the Mavs.

Sucks for the Hornets to probably start the season without both Gordon & Rivers.

Sucks for GA because that means Anthony Davis is going to have the offensive load.

Notorious

Reaction score
IGGY but not for max price. He isn't a max player IMO. And yeah Kobe exposed the fuck out of Afflalo in that first round so they realized they needed a swing who could actually put the ball on the floor and defend on the court not by rep. Afflalo couldn't even close games over Miller in the playoffs.

I am happy they took Iggy because he makes Denver better and much more fun to watch, while LA got Dwight, but I still will never agree that Iggy is worth his contract

Reason Afflalo didn't close games over Miller is due to matchups, IIRC both Sessions & Blake closed out games and Miller used to destroy Steve Blake during that playoff series. Afflalo is actually pretty clutch, he's not the prototypical closer but he's shown in the past that he can hit big shots.

How is Iggy not worth a max contract? One could argue he's the best perimeter defender in the NBA and he's top 5 at his position. I agree that players like Iggy shouldn't get max contracts but judging by the way max contracts are given in the NBA, compared to others, yes Iggy should get a max contract.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Then Artest came back and they still went to the small back court over him despite not being able to pot up Kobe or Ron.

and I don't see Iggy, Joe, Amare, Boozer, Bargs, Bynum, Lopez, Hibbert, Pau, Love, and a bunch of guys as max players. All I see worth that is Kobe, Bron, Wade, Durant, Russ, Melo, Dwight, Rose, Paul, Deron and that's about it as max guys

Notorious

Reaction score
LOL at Love not being a max player.

Yeah, the best PF in the NBA and best big man not named Dwight isn't worth a max contract.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Love not a max player is one of the more not so smart things you've said in a minute PSYCH.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
If you can't help your teams win games, are one of the worst defensive guys at your starting position statically and he is behind every elite PF including Amare and Boozer at per, TS, and efg allowed, and don't draw fans either to sell out the arena or move merch ...

YOU AIN'T NO DAMN MAX PLAYER

Notorious

Reaction score
The Wolves were going to the playoffs until Rubio went down and even then, they were still battling for the 8th seed without Rubio until Love himself got injured. The Wolves will be a playoff team once Love gets back if the Pekovic and co. can manage to not fuck up while Love misses the 1st month.

As for drawing fans, the Wolves were top 15 in attendance and for a team in a small-market that hasn't made the playoffs in 8 years, those are pretty good numbers.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Per allowed. Of course he was a top guy when he stat stuffs how he does. We will see how they do this year, but honestly I just see Love being traded this coming summer after another bad year where they miss out.

Notorious

Reaction score
It's no secret that Love is a terrible defender but to the same token, he's also a great offensive player, one of the best shooting big men in the NBA, he's one of the best, if not the best rebounder in the NBA and he's also an underrated passer. To say Love, the best PF in the NBA and overall second best big man in the league isn't worth a max contract, is ridiculous.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
He also has no post game either which stops me from saying max player as a big. I think there are only two max bigs in the league, Dwight and Dirk when healthy . There are a handful of max perimeter players, but I got to see more from KLove besides rebound totals and jump shots. H ant take over a game like Dirk with his scoring alone. He can't own the glass defensively and make everyone one and done while anchoring a squad like Dwight. He should be better IMO

Notorious

Reaction score
Love had a 51 point game last season, more points than Dirk's scored in the last 8 years and the Wolves would've won that game if it wasn't for the fact that J.J. Barea & Wesley Johnson let Westbrook & Durant both drop 40+ on them.

Yeah Love's post game isn't too much to write home about but Dwight's isn't either. As a matter of fact, Dwight's offensive game as a whole is pretty average.