Wrestling Company

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Moonlight Drive

^^I will when I can be fucked to defend my beloved 'E.

8 Days of projectile vomiting James.

Airfixx

Oh that's right, he won it at Cyber Sunday.

I never watched it. Mostly due to Batista being in a title match. That threw any prospect of me watching it completely out the window.

You could also have a bit more input for the best post I have ever made.

So that's the best post you've ever made?

It's big of you to say so.

Then again....... Perhaps not. :roll:

seX-Power

Well, for one, I can actually watch their shows. They put on some decent matches and can be fairly entertaining. They obviously overkill with the gimmick matches and the comedic parts, but WWE never gets hate for their comedy, do they?

You forgot the endless runins, the no heel/face dispositions, the 5 minutes an hour of actual wrestling and the epic fail PPV main events.

When TNA can get something right, it usually ends up being pretty damn good. Example of this is the Main Event Mafia. Although it's copied from like WCW 00, it's still a great idea having the experienced guys like Sting/Angle/Nash/Steiner/Booker T going at it against much younger guys like Creed/Young/MCMG/Joe/Styles + Others I can't remember.

The fact that you don't remember who is in the feud just proves how vague it is. And the faces apart from two are all midcarders or lower and if they pull off wins over the MEM it will look shit. So, with the current situation, unless the MEM win the fued, the result will look like complete BS.

Although guys like Joe & AJ don't really need this, guys like Creed and that can hugely benefit being involved in a story line being involved with around 7 of the biggest names in the company.

Lol, the fact that 5 of the 7 biggest stars in the company are veterans from other company proves that TNA can not cut it and are far worse than the WWE. They dont have the ability to push their young or home grown talent so they hire part time wrestlers who already have grandkids. Maybe that will get them the 1.2 they have always wanted?

I admit, the WWE has its faults and now there is more than ever, but it is still the superior company by far.

Kizza

You forgot the endless runins, the no heel/face dispositions, the 5 minutes an hour of actual wrestling and the epic fail PPV main events.

I will admit, they go highly overboard with the run ins which is pretty horrible from a booking standpoint, and to do it on your "Wrestlemania" PPV is pretty horrible. Five minutes of wrestling? The way I see it, they get more actual wrestling in then the WWE, which these days is filled up with 15 minute segments and 5 minute matches.

The fact that you don't remember who is in the feud just proves how vague it is. And the faces apart from two are all midcarders or lower and if they pull off wins over the MEM it will look shit. So, with the current situation, unless the MEM win the fued, the result will look like complete BS.

I believe I missed out Jay Lethal. Big deal. It's not like he's done anything for me to warrant remembrance. And that's why I said that no matter which way this feud goes, the midcarders are going to get a rub from being associated with the big names. You don't need to BEAT the big names to get a bit more exposure. You just need to have a highly competitive match, like Kaz & Christian.

Lol, the fact that 5 of the 7 biggest stars in the company are veterans from other company proves that TNA can not cut it and are far worse than the WWE. They dont have the ability to push their young or home grown talent so they hire part time wrestlers who already have grandkids. Maybe that will get them the 1.2 they have always wanted?

I don't see why it matters where the established names come from. They managed to get big names to sign with their company. Big whoop. Who cares where they got big? In the end, TNA, just like WWE, is a business, and the bigger the names that they can get, the better it is for business.

I admit, the WWE has its faults and now there is more than ever, but it is still the superior company by far.

If you look at ratings + popularity then of course it's the superior company. But once TNA sort out the booking problems, they can put on high quality shows. It's incredible when I think about it too that I prefer iMPACT to RAW these days.

Please combat my points, I want to keep this going :).

Moonlight Drive

I believe I missed out Jay Lethal. Big deal. It's not like he's done anything for me to warrant remembrance. And that's why I said that no matter which way this feud goes, the midcarders are going to get a rub from being associated with the big names. You don't need to BEAT the big names to get a bit more exposure. You just need to have a highly competitive match, like Kaz & Christian.
Getting exposure by getting pumelled every week is burial, not getting a rub. I understand your point, but have the young guys even won a match against the MEM? And when the only homegrown TNA Main Eventers are AJ & Joe, it shows the extent of the WWE/WCW has-beens clogging the roster. Putting the title on Sting was stupid, why not Angle or Booker? (A little off-topic, but I'm still pissed about that :smh)

I don't see why it matters where the established names come from. They managed to get big names to sign with their company. Big whoop. Who cares where they got big? In the end, TNA, just like WWE, is a business, and the bigger the names that they can get, the better it is for business.
See above. It proves WWE is superior in booking, as most of their stars were created from scratch without any major previous experience/exposure in other promotions (Orton, Batista, Cena, etc.)

If you look at ratings + popularity then of course it's the superior company. But once TNA sort out the booking problems, they can put on high quality shows. It's incredible when I think about it too that I prefer iMPACT to RAW these days.
You said it yourself, once TNA sort out the booking problems they can put on high quality shows. They are still yet to fix them entirely, and the WWE's 3 shows often entertain me far more than Impact, with much better quality matches & promos the majority of the time.

seX-Power

I will admit, they go highly overboard with the run ins which is pretty horrible from a booking standpoint, and to do it on your "Wrestlemania" PPV is pretty horrible. Five minutes of wrestling? The way I see it, they get more actual wrestling in then the WWE, which these days is filled up with 15 minute segments and 5 minute matches.

If that is your impression of the WWE, stop watching Raw imo, and its not like the segments are pointless like in TNA. They also have a bad spread of matches/promos in TNA. They seem to have like 3 interviews/segments at once and go to commercial in the middle of a match.

What I meant by the not remembering is that the younger guys haven't even formed a team or been established enough to see who is actually in the feud, as right now its a bunch of lower card X-Division guys who only got in the fued coz they are faces. Also, Its always good to at least look competitive against the big names, even if this feud is just starting.

The problem is that TNA sign up all these big names and rely on them instead of pushing in new stars. What will happen when they retire. They cant just keep hiring old WWE guys forever, and if they do, it will become a very stale product. New stars = Future

Duh, if any company get the booking right, they can put on high quality shows. Raw is bad at the moment, but it looks to be picking up (SS looks great and the last episode was awesome). Smackdown is consistently good but gets looked down on because of HHH, who nevertheless gets the great reaction from the crowd. ECW is always good, and gives you a solid hour of wrestling every week.

Ditto.

Kizza

If that is your impression of the WWE, stop watching Raw imo, and its not like the segments are pointless like in TNA. They also have a bad spread of matches/promos in TNA. They seem to have like 3 interviews/segments at once and go to commercial in the middle of a match.

I have stopped watching RAW lol. Right now, I just can't stand their segments. They are the basis of the same thing. The big bad heel comes out talking trash, and then the good guy face comes out to talk them back down or to in the end, give them a cheap shot. It's stuff like that that makes me real bored while i'm watching Raw.

What I meant by the not remembering is that the younger guys haven't even formed a team or been established enough to see who is actually in the feud, as right now its a bunch of lower card X-Division guys who only got in the fued coz they are faces. Also, Its always good to at least look competitive against the big names, even if this feud is just starting.

Oh, I have to agree with you there. The problem with TNA is that they focus on their main stars, and they don't give their midcarders/younger guys much exposure during the shows. Most of those guys have so much bloody potential it's not funny, but they waste it on another Sting/Angle like match or something. They don't know the amount of talent that they have, but this is a good chance to have them in some competitive matches with some big names. Don't have to be like 4 star matches, just back an forth with a decent amount of offense from both sides.

The problem is that TNA sign up all these big names and rely on them instead of pushing in new stars. What will happen when they retire. They cant just keep hiring old WWE guys forever, and if they do, it will become a very stale product. New stars = Future

Yeah I practically think the same thing. Although, they have made some good acquisitions. Kurt Angle was one of the best signings they made. Although his body maybe "falling apart", he can still put on a great match. Sting can still hold his own in a ring, as can Scott Steiner (well, as best as he could before XD). Kevin Nash is a great microphone man, as is Jeff Jarrett. Mick Foley is great on the mic and can also put on a pretty good match every once in a while. Booker T could also be a fantastic signing if they decided to use him right.

Duh, if any company get the booking right, they can put on high quality shows. Raw is bad at the moment, but it looks to be picking up (SS looks great and the last episode was awesome). Smackdown is consistently good but gets looked down on because of HHH, who nevertheless gets the great reaction from the crowd. ECW is always good, and gives you a solid hour of wrestling every week.

Yeah, I know that if any show was being booked well it's be great, but TNA have SO MANY booking problems right now it's not funny. They don't know how to use the talent that they have on their hands in the right way. Alot of the guys are young and have potentials to be breakout/huge stars in the future, but until they clear out the idiots, the TNA wrestling company will forever be known for their appalling booking, not for the lack of talent that they have on their roster.

I guess in the end, it doesn't matter what we have to say, I believe that TNA is putting out a better quality wrestling show and you believe that WWE is putting out a better quality show. We just have to agree to disagree in a way.

seX-Power

gtg so quick replies

I have stopped watching RAW lol. Right now, I just can't stand their segments. They are the basis of the same thing. The big bad heel comes out talking trash, and then the good guy face comes out to talk them back down or to in the end, give them a cheap shot. It's stuff like that that makes me real bored while i'm watching Raw.

Thats not all there is, and TNA still aint all that better with random people joining together and combining feuds it gets confusing

Oh, I have to agree with you there. The problem with TNA is that they focus on their main stars, and they don't give their midcarders/younger guys much exposure during the shows. Most of those guys have so much bloody potential it's not funny, but they waste it on another Sting/Angle like match or something. They don't know the amount of talent that they have, but this is a good chance to have them in some competitive matches with some big names. Don't have to be like 4 star matches, just back an forth with a decent amount of offense from both sides.

Xactly

Yeah I practically think the same thing. Although, they have made some good acquisitions. Kurt Angle was one of the best signings they made. Although his body maybe "falling apart", he can still put on a great match. Sting can still hold his own in a ring, as can Scott Steiner (well, as best as he could before XD). Kevin Nash is a great microphone man, as is Jeff Jarrett. Mick Foley is great on the mic and can also put on a pretty good match every once in a while. Booker T could also be a fantastic signing if they decided to use him right.

Where will they be in 5 years? And where will the young talent be, too far down the card to hold the company

Yeah, I know that if any show was being booked well it's be great, but TNA have SO MANY booking problems right now it's not funny. They don't know how to use the talent that they have on their hands in the right way. Alot of the guys are young and have potentials to be breakout/huge stars in the future, but until they clear out the idiots, the TNA wrestling company will forever be known for their appalling booking, not for the lack of talent that they have on their roster.

I guess in the end, it doesn't matter what we have to say, I believe that TNA is putting out a better quality wrestling show and you believe that WWE is putting out a better quality show. We just have to agree to disagree in a way.

touche

Airfixx

^^^No problem! LOL

...until they clear out the idiots, the TNA wrestling company will forever be known for their appalling booking

...The above both show quite clearly that you're basing your opinion on potential not actuallity.

The question isn't "What could be the greatest fed?" nor is it "what is your favourite fed?".

I believe that TNA is putting out a better quality wrestling show

Damn a shame that isn't the actual question. :wallbash:

Kizza

Ok, I see the best fed right now as TNA for the reasons I listed in my first post...

Airfixx

^^^ You mean these ones?

Well, for one, I can actually watch their shows. They put on some decent matches and can be fairly entertaining. They obviously overkill with the gimmick matches and the comedic parts

...You mean, the ones when once discussed revealed the stuff I quoted above? Riiiiiiiight.....

FFS!!!! ...The question being asked is "What is the best fed ever?"

There's a TNA v WWE thread stickied somewhere (I think it's in 'Street Fight') - Your opinions may actually mean something there.