Wrestlers that never reached their potential?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Saylor said:
It could cause harm in a way as it'd be more involved around the title and not the other stars that have the opportunity, too. I mean, it could be really helpful however it could be just like the US title, for example. If they make it hard to gain and not something that's passed around every other 2 weeks, then it could make huge stars.

True, true. But if it's well booked, there would be no harm. Since we don't have the same idiots who run the main shows crapping on NXT, the chances are it would be a benefit.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
But if they decide it's time to push them up to Raw and SD, then they would have to lose the belt and that could make them look not ready again.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
ColeMiner said:
But if they decide it's time to push them up to Raw and SD, then they would have to lose the belt and that could make them look not ready again.

Well, if they drop the title in a great 15+ minute match after a good feud I don't see why they would look bad.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
It wouldn't exactly push them though to have your last match on NXT before getting moved up to be a loss against someone that in WWEs eyes aren't ready to be moved up, and expect the fans to take you seriously.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
ColeMiner said:
It wouldn't exactly push them though to have your last match on NXT before getting moved up to be a loss against someone that in WWEs eyes aren't ready to be moved up, and expect the fans to take you seriously.

It depends. In its current state, few Americans watch NXT. It's the same thing as FCW. If someone drops the FCW title before they're called to the main roster, is it going to make them look weak? No, because no one watches it. NXT is not on American TV if I recall correctly, so for now, they could lose it.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Leo C said:
It depends. In its current state, few Americans watch NXT. It's the same thing as FCW. If someone drops the FCW title before they're called to the main roster, is it going to make them look weak? No, because no one watches it. NXT is not on American TV if I recall correctly, so for now, they could lose it.

Very good point, I accept defeat, plus most of the people on NXT, the people that watch it just want to see them on the main shows, so we would just be happy they are getting pushed.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
ColeMiner said:
Very good point, I accept defeat, plus most of the people on NXT, the people that watch it just want to see them on the main shows, so we would just be happy they are getting pushed.

Exactly. I, for one, if Kidd/McGillicutty/Riley/Rollins/Ambrose held the supposed NXT Championship and had to lose it to be promoted, so be it, I'd love it.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
They could drop the belt by having it in a fatal four way match where the Champion doesn't get pinned. (If the one who get's promoted to the main roster is the current champion.) Remember, the champion doesn't always have to be the one who's getting promoted to the main roster.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
With the last season of NXT, I was glad they didn't have a championship. They had to use storylines to give matches meaning.
But if you add a belt, there are ways to make it work.

Zach

Emma Watson ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
ColeMiner said:
Tyson Kidd, he's 31 and imagine where he would be now if he was pushed correctly.

:yay: