Wrestler Rating Series #7 - Randy Orton

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

How would you rate Orton as an overall wrestler on a scale 1-10?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
When I was 17 or 18, I had this really small room and a small tv. Every Saturday night, I would get a foot long meatball sub with olives and a big ass drink. I would turn the light off, sit on the bottom bunk and watch WCW.

I miss that. They have WCW Saturday Night on the network so I might recreate it.
Sounds like a great plan Foxy Man...

:thumbsup:

Reactions: Jacob Fox

DualShock

Jobber
Reaction score
When fans talk about the OVW guys post Monday Night Wars like Lesnar, Cena, Orton and Batista many of them don't name Orton as #1 but for me he is. Sure, Cena became the face of the company, Lesnar became mainstream and Batista made it in Hollywood but Orton is what Savage was in the 80s, Razor was in the New Generation, Angle on SmackDown 2002-2005 or what Undertaker was in the Attitude Era, always on top but never "the guy" but when you look back "the guy" became just that because he had the other one as partner or opponent. Entertaining as hell no matter if it's the cocky heel or the bald headed psycho, the viper... 9/10

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
9/10, though it was a coin-toss between that and an 8 because sometimes, Randy Orton can be so god damn boring. Usually because he doesn't care but that's not a good excuse. Like his slow-plodding methodical style can often times be nothing more than boring padding that just feels like extended rest-time. When he cares, like his match with Edge from Vengeance 04, where the slower style in the first half actually built and escalated the match for the second half. I think he's easily one of the best when he's motivated and motivated or not, he has some of my favorite finishers of all-time.

RKO might be the greatest finisher in wrestling history. It's always well-executed, it's strongly protected, it's exciting and has several amazing Outta Nowhere Moments (the Shooting Star Press counter on Evan Bourne is always my favorite) but the RKO's set-up is also fantastic for several fantastic reversals (I saw the gif of Ali's counter on twitter, Shinsuke once reversed it into an Armbar, Punk reversed it with a roundhouse Kick at Mania that was really sweet). There's so much you can do with the RKO, I absolutely loved it. The Punt Kick is another finisher I loved. Super simplistic but convincingly brutal and I absolutely loved how it was constantly presented as this super devastating move that would write people off of shows (both Shawn Michaels and Rob Van Dam were written off from it). Actually kinda glad they banned it because they probably would've had Strowman or Lesnar recover from it, kinda ruining it's appeal. The O-Zone sucked though.