Wrestler Rating Series #7 - Randy Orton

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

How would you rate Orton as an overall wrestler on a scale 1-10?

Results are only viewable after voting.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
The same year he cashed in his MITB briefcase in the main event. 2015 I think?

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
The same year he cashed in his MITB briefcase in the main event. 2015 I think?

Seth was main event in 2015 vs Brock/Roman. I checked the last 5 WrestleMania cards and Seth/Orton wasn't a match.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Oh I missed it, WrestleMania 31. I did watch it and it was okay, nothing more.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Seth was main event in 2015 vs Brock/Roman. I checked the last 5 WrestleMania cards and Seth/Orton wasn't a match.

He lost in his match against Orton earlier in night. Then he cashed in during the Brock/Roman main event to make it a triple threat.

The loss to Orton earlier in the night set up Orton as the challenger to Seth's WWEWHC at the next PPV. It was considered a great match, especially the finish.

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
The only thing I ever agreed on with JBL is the legendary saying "If you build a sports entertainer from the ground up it would look exactly like Randy Orton MAGGLE" and its true. Randy was born into the business, and he lives it. He can cut a killer promo when he wants to, is one of the best heel characters of all time, and a very crisp worker. Seriously Ortons in ring work has always been way underrated, especially because he possesses great ring instincts, and psychology that many modern day wrestlers severely lack. The biggest shame with him is that WWE spent way to much time trying to make him a bland babyface, and it never worked. Lets not forget the amount of stupid storylines he has been booked in (House of Horrors, Punjabi prisons, WORMS) but that comes with the territory. I personally think that this current Randy Orton (from last summer to now) is the best version we have seen in a long ass time. Based on talent alone, Orton is a 10 for me, he embodies what a main event wrestler should be, but the company not using him properly and some of his personal issues bring it down to a 9/10.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I'll give Orton a 6/10. He wrestles a old school style, which is cool, and when he does put in work he can put on entertaining matches, but generally I find the guy boring, which has nothing to do with his style of wrestling. He just kind of looks like he just there, if you know what I mean.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Randy Orton is the most overrated wrestler in the history of WWE. He performs the stupidest moves, like that idiotic DDT with the feet on the ropes. I hate to break it to Mr. Orton, but that move would not hurt nearly as bad as a real DDT.

I don't get why people like him. When he is a face, he is boring as hell. His promos have always sucked. They try to portray him like he is crazy, having voices in his head... but he DOESN'T FUCKING ACT CRAZY. He acts like a normal spoiled fucking brat idiot who couldn't wrestle a classic match if he wrestled Flair in his prime.

"If you build a sports entertainer from the ground up, he would look just like Randy Orton." Bullshit. His matches are boring and formulaic. I will never understand why anyone likes this overrated piece of trash.

And for those who think he is hot, HE HAS NOT ASS AT ALL. I mean it is flatter than a flat earthers brain. Blech,

Sorry Crow, I know you like Orton. And my insulting him is not me insulting you or anyone else who likes Orton. But I have been watching wrestling for 34 years now and Randy Orton is NOT the worst wrestler. He is decent, but he is the most overrated wrestler of all time.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
10/10 greatest of all time. People like to hate on the best. So inevitably people are going to have stupid opinions about him.

I want him

Utter nonsense. This is one of the things people say that annoy me the most. You cannot go into my mind and tell me why i hate Orton. I do NOT hate him because he is great. He is not great. He is average and overrated.

That is MY opinion. And you cannot tell me or anyone else WHY that is my opinion.

It's like that stupid grade school insult. "Oh you don't like him because you're jealous!" The funny thing is that I ALWAYS like people I a jealous of. If I a jealous of someone, that means they have a trait that I like and I always like being around people who have traits I like.

I do not think Orton is the worst wrestler. He is just wayyyyyyyyy overrated. Best of all time? Yeah, maybe in CandyLand, but not in wrestling.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
^Wow I was expecting a spicy meatball from Jacob

Seeing people rant about wrestling is fun :)

• Haha
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
^Wow I was expecting a spicy meatball from Jacob

Seeing people rant about wrestling is fun :emoji_slight_smile:

This is what is wrestling is all about. If everyone loved Orton, it would be boring to talk about him. I LOVE talking about him so I am actually happy he is around. It gets our juices going and stuff.

And when I respond @Redboy123@ please don't take me seriously. It's just wrestling talk and we disagree and say things to each other, but hey, that's what wrestling is all about. It would suck if we never argue.

Honestly, you and I disagreeing on stuff is one of the most fun things about the forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay-Ashley