Wrestlemania 5's: Shows

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Randy Macho Man Savage vs Ricky The Dragon Steamboat from WrestleMania III

Please stop spamming threads with single responses. You're already treading on thin ice with me right now dude, this isn't going to help.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Please stop spamming threads with single responses. You're already treading on thin ice with me right now dude, this isn't going to help.

I was giving Macho King Trent an example of how old wrestling is good. That's not spamming. It's not like I said something completely irrevelant.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Trent said he likes to see promos and segments, so listing Savage/Steamboat doesn't answer that in the slightest.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I was giving Macho King Trent an example of how old wrestling is good. That's not spamming. It's not like I said something completely irrevelant.

I never said old wrestling wasn't good. I just said it wasn't my cup of tea. From what I understand older wrestling was more ring action based while today has more of an entertainment value. Ring action does also have entertainment value but not of the same sort. It's hard to blend the two well but if you do then you have struck gold.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I never said old wrestling wasn't good. I just said it wasn't my cup of tea. From what I understand older wrestling was more ring action based while today has more of an entertainment value. Ring action does also have entertainment value but not of the same sort. It's hard to blend the two well but if you do then you have struck gold.

Well watch a Rick Rude or Randy Savage promo then maybe you'll change your mind

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
He isn't changing his mind. I understand his point. I like older wrestling because I like wrestling in general but at the same time I prefer watching "Attitude Era" stuff because of the pure entertainment of the show at the time.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I wouldn't change my mind over one single promo. Like that promo could have been in a show where I enjoyed the promo but the rest of the show bored the hell out of me. That wouldn't entertain me.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I wouldn't change my mind over one single promo. Like that promo could have been in a show where I enjoyed the promo but the rest of the show bored the hell out of me. That wouldn't entertain me.

Yeah I see where your coming from but I enjoy older wrestling... Probably because I wasn't alive when it happened so I like it now

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score

Older wrestling was a lot different than the wrestling you young bucks are used to. There were talking segments but it was mostly the wrestler's own shows like Piper's Pit and the Flower Shop. There was more emphasis on actual wrestling. Great promos back in the day as well that they would show in a box during a match. The wrestling itself was also more focused on grappling.

Anyway, my top 5 (which will mostly be old because I am old)

1. Wrestlemania III

This WM should be on everyone's list. Randy Savage vs Ricky Steamboat, Andre the Giant vs Hulk Hogan, Honky Tonk Man vs Jake the Snake Roberts, Rowdy Roddy Piper vs Adrian Adonis...those matches were awesome, especially Savage vs Steamboat.

2. Wrestlemania XII

Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels, Iron Man Match. I don't think anything else needs to be said about this one. I was 12 years old and Bret Hart was one of my fav wrestlers. I was utterly stoked that he retained....only to hear them call him back because there had to be a winner. I was so pissed off when he lost. I think that was the beginning of my hate for HBK.

3. Wrestlemania X

If anyone out there hasn't seen this for the Razor Ramon vs Shawn Michaels match....get your ass on it. I was so amazed by that match. Fucking excellent.

4. Wrestlemania VIII

Being a Piper mark and a Hart fan, I really enjoyed the match between them.....even though Piper lost, which sucks, because I love Piper to death. That part of the match blew chunks but it was still a good match. I also liked Flair vs Savage. Flair was caught blading and fined, ahahaha. They had a no blood policy back then. Being young, it was such a shocker to see.

5. WrestleMania IX

My brother and I must have watched it about a billion times over (my dad used to buy the PPVs and tape them). The entire bill was awesome and my fav tag team ever is Money Inc. so I marked like a fucking loser. Also funny when Bobby Heenan entered the arena on his camel backwards. I also loved how it was done outdoors, that was cool. I don't think a lot of people liked this one but, I dunno, I liked it, and it brings back a lot of memories.