Worst Wrestlemania line-up ever?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
Where are the marquee names and match-ups?

Brock and Ronda are fine. As is Lynch I guess. But who else is really deserving of a headline spot? Styles? Debatable. Bryan? No. Rollins? No.

They need a mainstream celebrity, Batista or The Rock.

Chaz-1

Jobber
Reaction score

Brock and Ronda will attract the casuals as will Cena......whilst Rollins and Bryan are two of the best performers in WWE at present and fully deserve to be in the big matches at mania.

Not sure relying on old part timers is the way forward for WWE. They should be focused on building new superstars!

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
The part-timers and celebrities can give the up and comers the rub.

But there is no one really worthy of giving the rub to. Rollins is out of his depth against Brock. The likes of Bryan, Balor and Owens aren't fit to work with the Rock.

It's meant to be the biggest wrestling show of the year. At least give the fans something special. Something or someone they don't see all year round. Batista vs HHH would be great. As would Batista vs The Rock. Reigns vs The Rock would have been great as well. But it's obviously not possible.

I like Brock. And appreciate Cena. But their presence is not enough. Brock's presence is already wasted on Rollins. Who will never draw a dime.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score

Brock and Ronda are fine. As is Lynch I guess. But who else is really deserving of a headline spot? Styles? Debatable. Bryan? No. Rollins? No.

Batista and Rock are making so much more money in Hollywood. Shit even John Cenas cashing in now. WWE aint got many veterans who are over left in the saddle. Who else they got? Bald HBK? No one wants that.

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
Batista and Rock are making so much more money in Hollywood. Shit even John Cenas cashing in now. WWE aint got many veterans who are over left in the saddle. Who else they got? Bald HBK? No one wants that.
I was never a HBK fan. But I would rather watch him in 2019 than someone like Nakamura.

Batista and Rock are indeed bigger and better than wrestling. Cena is close as well. It's a shame. Because the product suffers without them.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Smaller names are fine if they are going up against bigger ones. Brock vs Seth will do fine, assuming that is where this is heading.

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
Smaller names are fine if they are going up against bigger ones. Brock vs Seth will do fine, assuming that is where this is heading.
Rollins isn't worthy of the rub. If Brock retains it is fine. But I get the feeling that they are going to let Rollins win.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Rollins isn't worthy of the rub. If Brock retains it is fine. But I get the feeling that they are going to let Rollins win.
And if he does, he will hold it till Roman comes back I would imagine. I know you don't like Seth but a lot of people do.

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
And if he does, he will hold it till Roman comes back I would imagine. I know you don't like Seth but a lot of people do.
He's not as popular as most in the wrestling bubble think he is.

I am not that keen on Reigns. But the sooner he comes back, the better. I just wish they could give the ball to someone worthy. Braun and McIntyre would be better choices.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score

I love for them to write Dean off since hes "leaving" and have him return at Wrestlemania to screw Rollins over.

And a lot of WWE fans bitch about "part timers" coming and going for Wrestlemania and taking up card space. So maybe WWE isnt trying to do that anymore

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score

I am not that keen on Reigns. But the sooner he comes back, the better. I just wish they could give the ball to someone worthy. Braun and McIntyre would be better choices.
They kind of lost traction with those two which was very piss poor booking.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

Headliners are the main eventers and you already mentioned them as being fine in that category. And if anyone honestly believes this is the worst lineup ever, they must not have watched Wrestlemania 9.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

I agree that Braun or McIntyre would be the best choices. The Seth Rollins angle seems to have come out of nowhere. It's like, "Roman won't be at Mania so let's make sure it goes to another Shield guy.\

However, I disagree about Rollins popularity. The crowd almost explode into a course of applause and drown out his entrance. The man is mega popular.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Becky and Rousey is a dream match with probably the most over person in the company facing a champ that is never pinned or submitted in WWE and is a former UFC Champion. That alone is solid. As for Seth vs Brock, I get you don't like it, but there are quite a few who like Seth and frankly, I am tired of a world champ who never shows up at least Seth is hard working and hopefully can bring that belt's value up with a decent reign. Just an opinion. Agree to disagree.

However, for you to call this "The Worst Wrestlemania Line-up ever" with literally one week of build, two matches announced, and still two PPVs between with a lot of build-up, you are pulling the trigger way too soon.

Even in saying "bring back The Rock and Batista, they'll give the rub," and in the same sentence saying "nobody deserves the rub" is a massive contradiction. Speaking personally though, I feel it is hard to get something from them coming back other than "a pop." They are former wrestlers who may be legends, but considering their age, infrequency in the ring, what rub do they get? Beating someone past their prime? Not even the Undertaker feels special because is a shell of his former self and that hurts to admit because I loved the Undertaker when I was younger. He only wrestles once a year or when WWE brings out the sweet Saudi blood money and he is in matches where he can't go at a decent pace or with the same power like he used to, we scream when he takes a bump because we don't want him to get seriously hurt, and Mark Callaway is not the man he once was. WWE has ran the nostalgia act to the ground for the past decade.

WWE can fill a Wrestlemania with what they have, maybe even two. WWE has one of the largest rosters they ever have and truthfully, one with a wealth of talent. Do you know why they don't feel special? WWE has more TV than they know to deal with which is somehow STILL not enough to book everyone and 100000 writers trying to get their ideas in with the final say still going to one man who changes everything on the fly. There are too many cooks and one supervisor who is too hands on. As a former writer to WWE said, Jimmy Jacobs, it is a miracle they get a show out every Monday. People who can cut a solid promo like Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Bobby Roode even have to read from a script written by someone else in their own voice and it may work, but other times they need to salvage a promo which doesn't work. They can have good to great matches, but sometimes they don't have a storyline which they can build a match story out of, perhaps they have to wrestle 5 hours into a 7 hour PPV where people are damn tired and need a break, or, they get a short match because there are 12 matches on the show and that doesn't include a 20 minute ring promo, special entrances, and a performance by insert famous music artist here. So how can anyone work with that? It's not easy.

So, here is my advice, please stop with making these clickbait titles, trying to seem edgy and cool. Take a seat and let the card form. Let the build to these matches happen. Maybe it'll be a good card with a good build, maybe not. But now it is too early to throw out the words "worst ever, haha,"

And aside since this is your second thread like this and I saw things you said before, drop the whole "fuck Rollins. Anyone who likes him is a good for nothing smark who can't get laid" gimmick, you don't need to like him, you can say you aren't a fan of him and that you don't care for the Universal title match because of him, but chill with insulting people who do like him.

Last edited: