World Wrestling Entertainment | 2019 & Beyond

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DTP

Reaction score
I've always been intrigued by your diverse use of talent from across all different promotions. With Survivor Series still in production, I've decided to focus on your NXT Chi-Town Rumble show. The first thing I realise is you've done away with the NXT TakeOver banner, which is interesting for late 2019 to say the least. I suspect by Rey Mysterio and Jushin Liger pre-retirement coming into NXT this upcoming week, that you are well at war against AEW. Shotzi Blackheart over Peyton Royce and Danny Garcia over Ortiz worked fine for the Kickoff Show matches. All I will say is it sounded like a stacked Kickoff Show where a lot happened, which I'm curious how many people would have seen had they tuned in. That's not to say it's a bad thing, as clearly a lot is happening with your vast range of characters.

Really nice NXT Tag Team Championship match to get the main card underway, and after watching so much New Japan Pro Wrestling in the year 2015 I can say that these two teams made for a great choice of program. The Time Splitters getting the win over the Undisputed Era was the right way to get the show underway.

You know, after playing WWE 2K22 I also thought the WWE Women's Intercontinental Championship was a great concept for a secondary title. Deonna Purrazzo was on the cusp of great things before her untimely release, so I'm glad to see her get the win here. Kay Lee Ray was wasted in NXT UK for the longest time, so it's cool to watch her get a chance here.

Tommaso Ciampa over Cameron Grimes worked fine in what felt like more of an angle to re-establish Ciampa's destructivity. I did enjoy the temper tantrum from Grimes after.

Another thing I have to compliment you on is your big changes to the universe, particularly with so much crossover between NXT and the main roster. I can imagine Rey Mysterio and Jushin Liger appearing on Wednesday has something to do with Starcade's return, given they had that recognisably classic match at 1996's event.

WALTER and Sheamus for the NXT United Kingom Championship was always going to be incredible. A small nit-pick - I'm admittedly not a fan ofmentioning real life events in the writeups. It takes me out of things just a smidge. Alas, this worked effective as a mid-card match on this stacked line-up.

It's a bit weird to see two multi-person matches for the women in one night, particularly with this being an Iron Survivor match, which I presume is a take-off of the Championship Scramble concept, as well as the gimmick they use for NXT Deadline. Io Shirai is the ultimate force in this period, and she's been protected very well. I like the idea of her and Kairi Sane as a long-term, slow-building rivalry. Good use of context here.

I'm so fascinated in which way you go come March, for obvious reasons. Good small touch noting the schedules for the NXT Brand come January.

Jordan Myles is a name I haven't thought about in a long time! Not a bad field for the NXT Championship Iron Survivor match. I would have perhaps put a buffer between the men's and women's matches, though, for sake of the live viewer. Adam Cole being able to retain the NXT Championship was a good decision, and there's something about him barely making the time limit to win the only fall that greatly amuses me. It works in the Undisputed Era storyline's favour, but evidently we're building to something with he and Roderick Strong.

Overall, this was a fun show to read and imagine.

DamageCTRL

Reaction score
Little game of bad news, good news...

The bad news is that my original copy of Survivor Series is gone because I forgot to save it to my OneDrive and the file got corrupted.

The good news is that I'm gonna just eat the loss, recap this shit, and finally get moving again in this thread. It's December 19th, I'll probably take time now to start plotting the courses. But we're not getting interrupted that much here. I wanna get to the Rumble and I wanna get to Mania. There's much to do. So, away we go.

Here's Survivor Series in an assimilated recap form. I understand it might be a bummer to all of you, but in my view, it's time to really start excavating.

---​

1703022625772.png

Survivor Series: A Fight For the Gold

Finn Balor def. Brock Lesnar to RETAIN the WWE Universal Championship
In a battle for supremacy on the red brand, Finn Balor managed to emerge victorious with a victory over Brock Lesnar. It did not come unearned as Lesnar beat Balor up from damn near pillar to post. The OC attempted to make an impact in this match. But they were dismayed by some of Smackdown's best who attempted to thwart their plan! The OC had beef with everybody and it began to spill out at ringside while the referee was knocked out cold following a ref bump. That ref bump came after Finn Balor was spun into him, and it looked like Balor embellished a bit. A mysterious hooded man would enter the ring and blasted Lesnar in the mid-section with a tire iron while the kerfuffle was going on at ringside. That turned the tide and caused Balor to retain after he dropped Lesnar right in the ribs with the Coup de Grace.

The Inevitables def. Team McIntyre
Order of Elimination:

Drew McIntyre by Andrade
Andrade by Rey Mysterio
Angelo Dawkins by Daniel Bryan
Montez Ford by Seth Rollins
Rey Mysterio by Pete Dunne
Pete Dunne by Chad Gable
Seth Rollins by Chad Gable
Chad Gable by Daniel Bryan
Sole Survivor: Daniel Bryan

A promo aired, hyping the return of Shayna Baszler, who was expected at Raw tomorrow night

Kevin Owens def. Sami Zayn to retain the WWE Intercontinental Championship
Kevin Owens finally got Sami Zayn right where he wanted him. With outside parties banned at ringside by Commissioner Regal, Owens and Zayn battled in an eventful back-and-forth contest. Like many of their past battles, it felt personal at times and you could sense real hostilities emerging. Zayn attempted to outsmart Kevin a few times, but Owens was too good for Zayn's tricks. KO eventually put it to rest with a Pop-Up Powerbomb, emphatically taking Sami down.

Paul Heyman provided a chilling update on Brock Lesnar, saying he was coughing up blood in the ambulance on the way to a local medical facility.

Storm Surge def. Ruby's Gemstones
Order of Elimination

Liv Morgan by Piper Niven (Vader Bomb)
Candice LeRae by Toni Storm (Storm Zero)
Carmella by Toni Storm (Storm Zero)
Tegan Nox by
Ruby Riott (Riott Kick)
Dakota Kai by Ruby Riott (Briefcase to the Face, Ref Distracted by AJ Lee)
Piper Niven by Countout (Attempted to Bulldoze Toni Storm against the Barricade, Blasted Through)
AJ Lee by
Toni Storm (Storm Zero)
Ruby Riott by Toni Storm (Storm Zero)
Sole Survivors: Toni Storm and Asuka

SURVIVOR SERIES 2020
COLD AS ICE
ROGERS ARENA | VANCOUVER, BC | NOVEMBER 21, 2020

To the surprise of everybody in attendance, ‘The Game’ Triple H then came out to a big ovation from the fans. Hunter said that he was enthusiastic tonight’s Survivor Series, and promises that tonight will truly mark the end of an era. He then said that he didn’t come out here to waste everybody’s time. Hunter said that he has something that he wants to make sure that everybody here in attendance hears. He said that he wants to make sure that the entire WWE universe hears and the entire sports entertainment world hears what he has to say. Triple H informs the crowd that on December 27th, Friday Night Smackdown will be airing from Detroit, Michigan, and Hunter said that he’s inviting the entire roster to the show! Why? Hunter said that 2019 is all about that all good things come to an end. That’s… ambiguous! Hunter said that he wants to address the roster, Raw and Smackdown together, in Detroit that night for what he calls a special address going into 2020.

Backstage, a delighted Toni Storm was in a celebratory mode. Storm thanked her teammates for never giving up. She said she was proud of all of them and that she didn’t want any of them to feel bad about being eliminated because at the end of the day, you win as a team and you lose as a team, and all of them were responsible for victory tonight. Toni encouraged Tegan, Dakota, and Liv to keep fighting. She thanked Asuka for being a great teammate. Asuka commended her for leading. Storm nodded and then went to leave the room. She opened the door and turned the corner… smack dab into Jamie Hayter! Storm and Hayter exchanged a glance at each other. Toni congratulated Jamie on her win earlier tonight on the Kickoff Show. Hayter said it was business as usual and that this Friday she looked forward to being put to the test again against Bayley. Toni told her, once again, to have a sharp eye. Hayter told her that she wasn’t her mum and to stay out of her business. She walked away, but Storm shook her head in some very apparent frustration.

Team Orton def. The OC
Order of Elimination:

Otis by Bobby Lashley (Powerslam)
Xavier Woods by AJ Styles (Styles Clash)
Jey Uso by Randy Orton (RKO)
Jimmy Uso by Roman Reigns (Spear)
Bobby Lashley by AJ Styles (Following Olympic Slam by Jason Jordan)
Jason Jordan by Kofi Kingston (Following Spear by Lashley, Trouble in Paradise by Kofi)
AJ Styles by Roman Reigns (Spear)
Sole Survivors: Kofi Kingston, Randy Orton, Roman Reigns

The hooded man responsible for the shenanigans earlier tonight commandeered the truck. Whoever it was claimed that this was "only the beginning" in a disembodied voice. The man said that they would make clear who they were by the end of this year and that everybody better "watch their backs." The man promised to be back tomorrow and then claimed he would have another victim!

Winner Take All Tag Team Match
No Holds Barred, Falls Count Anywhere
!!! THE END OF AN ERA !!!
Bayley and Sasha Banks def. Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair

The match that promised to be the end of an era lived up to that billing. Bayley, Becky, Charlotte, and Sasha fought in one of the most epic battles in WWE history. The four ladies drove each other through it all it to try and claim the gold. They were the four best of this era, forever linked to each other. And they still will be. But after all this, it was just a fight. Till everyone had nothing left. Bayley and Sasha drove Becky through the commentator's table outside before turning their attention to Charlotte, who looked to stand her ground. She took on the offense of both women and kicked out of pin attempts valiantly. The two then concocted a plan. Bayley set a table up and then threw Charlotte into the ropes, and they set up a 3-D through the table! But THAT wasn't enough either as Charlotte kicked out again. Bayley had had enough then and climbed out of the ring. She reached underneath the ring and grabbed duct tape. She went into the ring then and instructed something to Banks. Sasha went outside as Becky was still down and out. Sasha stared over at her and mocked her as Lynch was completely out of it. Banks grabbed a kendo stick while we saw Bayley start to hogtie Flair with the tape. She taped Flair's ankles up together tight as Charlotte was low on energy. She tried to then fight back but then Banks started whipping her with the kendo stick. Bayley cleared herself away while Banks took it to her. She seemed to understand as Bayley then pointed at her and Banks went down and put the Bank Statement on her with the stick over her mouth! Bayley then went down and pulled Charlotte's legs down and bent them as far as she could! An uncompromising position!

Charlotte fought
hard and valiantly. Becky appeared to get herself going... but her weight gave out. And Charlotte winced. And gave one reach... and her weight gave out. She passed out and it was over.
WINNERS: Bayley and Sasha Banks

And after all that... Bayley and Sasha Banks stood tall with the Raw, Smackdown, and Women's Tag Team Champions, gaining supremacy over WWE's women's division.

For how long? Only time will tell.

END OF SHOW

Last edited:

DamageCTRL

Reaction score

BREAKING NEWS: CHARLOTTE FLAIR EXITS WWE

Huge news has emerged early Monday morning. Following an eventful Survivor Series, we now know who the mystery woman leaving WWE is. It's none other than Charlotte Flair.

Flair, one of the most recognizable faces in the wrestling world and among the most decorated of all time, finished her WWE run last night at Survivor Series. She opted not to renew her contract earlier this Fall and was professional throughout the process.

Charlotte is expected to sign with All Elite Wrestling. It is a fascinating move in so many ways, but one that we'll see play out right in front of us.

WWE now has to embark on a new direction without Flair around. The 4 Horsewomen Era is officially over, and their contributions shouldn't be understated.

But here we are now, a different world, and a different time.

---

Finally here. Thanks to everyone for sticking around throughout all this. Time to play a completely different game.

DamageCTRL

Reaction score
And now, it’s time for a reset.

WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT: 2019 & BEYOND

COMMISSIONER
William Regal

NXT INTERIM COMMISSIONER
Triple H

NXT UK CO- COMMISSIONERS
Finlay and Johnny Saint

HALL OF CHAMPIONS

WWE CHAMPION
Kofi Kingston

WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPION
Finn Balor

WWE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION
Kevin Owens

WWE UNITED STATES CHAMPION
Harper

WWE TV CHAMPION
Daniel Bryan

RAW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS
The Franchise Players

SMACKDOWN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS
The Usos

RAW WOMEN’S CHAMPION
Sasha Banks

SMACKDOWN WOMEN’S CHAMPION
Bayley

WWE WOMEN’S INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION
Toni Storm

WWE WOMEN’S TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS
Bayley and Sasha Banks

---

WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW

Alexa Bliss
Andrade
Angelo Dawkins
Apollo Crews
Ashante Thee Adonis
Baron Corbin
Becky Lynch
Bobby Roode
Brock Lesnar
Buddy Murphy
Carmella
Chad Gable
Christian
Daniel Bryan
Danny Burch
Dash Wilder
Dominik Dijakovic
Drew McIntyre
Finn Balor
Gran Metalik
Hanson
Harper
Isaiah ‘Swerve’ Scott
Isla Dawn
Karl Anderson
Katrina Cortez
Lince Dorado
Liv Morgan
Luke Gallows
Mandy Rose
Maria Kanellis
Mickie James
Mike Kanellis
Montez Ford
Nikki Cross
Oney Lorcan
Piper Niven
Rey Mysterio
Ricochet
Rowe
Ruby Riott
Samoa Joe
Sasha Banks
Scott Dawson
Shayna Baszler
Sonya Deville
Titus O’Neil
Trish Stratus
Xia Li
Zelina Vega

Tag Teams, Factions, & Stables:
Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan
The Expat Express (Andrade, Bobby Roode, Buddy Murphy, Carmella, Piper Niven, Zelina Vega)
Fire & Desire (Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville)
The Franchise Players (Apollo Crews, Ashante Thee Adonis, MVP, Ricochet)
The Lucha House Party (Gran Metalik, Lince Dorado)
Mike and Maria Kanellis
The OC (Finn Balor, Harper, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows)
The Revival (Dash Wilder, Scott Dawson)
Ruby Riott and AJ Lee
The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins, Montez Ford)
The Viking Raiders (Hanson, Rowe)

---

FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN

AJ Styles
Ali
Aliyah
Angel Garza
Asuka
Bayley
Bobby Lashley
Candice LeRae
Cedric Alexander
Cesaro
Dakota Kai
Damian Priest
Dave Mastiff
Drew Gulak
Humberto Carrillo
Jamie Hayter
Jason Jordan
Jey Uso
Jimmy Uso
Kacy Catanzaro
Kayden Carter
Kevin Owens
Kofi Kingston
Mia Yim
The Miz
Otis
Raul Mendoza
Randy Orton
Roman Reigns
Sami Zayn
Sheamus
Shinsuke Nakamura
Tegan Nox
Toni Storm
Tucker
Xavier Woods

Factions, Tag Teams, & Stables
The Bar
(Cesaro, Sheamus)
Bayley and Sasha Banks
Humberto Carillo and Raul Mendoza
Jason Jordan and Otis
The New Day (Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods)
The OC (AJ Styles, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso)
Sami Zayn, Damian Priest, and Dave Mastiff
The Usos (Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso)

---

RETURNING SOON
Big E (imminently; taken out by Finn Balor)
Johnny Gargano (injured; returning Jan. ‘20)
Natalya (imminently; off TV after War Games)
Ronda Rousey (imminently; off TV after War Games)
Rusev (imminently; injured)

---

‘BIG TRADE’ DETAILS
(To be revealed this week)

To Raw:
TBA

TBA

To Smackdown:
Ali

TBA

Last edited:

DTP

Reaction score
WWE Survivor Series 2019 - November 24, 2019:

I know what it feels like to lose a show to some sort of weird Internet shit happening. It sucks, but I'm glad to see you still gave some effort to this card in spite of that. It may be worth a shout - I tend to temporarily save a lot of my shows to Google Drive, relying on their autosave function. Plus, if I ever inadvertently erase or decide to go about changes, I can revert to previous drafts of the same document and lift crucial elements from that. I'm sure you already know this anyways, so ignore me.

Finn Bálor and Brock Lesnar opened the show? That's wild, if the ordering of this show is linear from bottom to top. The dynamic for this would have been wild, but I do think that the finish made sense with Bálor resorting to any means necessary to retain the WWE Universal Championship.

I do think a small paragraph would have sufficed for the Survivor Series Elimination matches that said, especially for someone like me who doesn't fully understand the teams or how they've been composed. All I can say is that's quite an assembly of talent, and it boiling down to Daniel Bryan and Chad Gable is very cool. I bet the final stretch was fun.

Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn would have had a hell of a match, and it worked for what was needed in delivering on a WWE Intercontinental Championship match. I wouldn't have minded Sami getting the win here, but it did what it needed to do.

I feel like it's always good to have sole survivors vary from one Survivor Series Elimination match to another. You protected the team captains well, with Toni Storm getting the eventual win for her team against Ruby Riott.

Kind of strange to see an advertisement for next year's Survivor Series, at a normal venue for a show like Vancouver's Rogers Arena, no less.

I don't know what to make of Triple H's announcement, but it does strike me as strange he delivered such a surprising announcement and then...said not a whole lot about it. I could see the brand extension coming to an end, or at least in this incarnation. I have bad feelings about a SmackDown in Detroit, considering the SmackDown in Detroit come March 2020, where...all good things did end up coming to an end, for various reasons.

Team Orton going over the O.C. worked fine for me. That's all there is to it. The star power was very much there. I guess there's much to look forward to heading towards the Royal Rumble in January, based off the mystery man under the hood cliffhanger after.

Very compelling tag team match to bring an end to the Four Horsewomen in WWE. I'm curious what the story is for this long-term. Bayley and Sasha Banks go on to be premiere stars of the Women's Division in 2020, so that was less surprising, but Charlotte Flair leaving...very peculiar. I've no doubt Becky Lynch can recover from this, though. It worked well, regardless. I do think if Flair was on her way out though, this one wouldn't have main evented a pay-per-view.

Overall, a lot to go off of on the back of this Survivor Series. I think we're at a crucial point in this project where we're gearing up for what's next.