World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler suffers concussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler suffered a concussion at Tuesday night’s SmackDown taping at N.C. State when he interfered in Big E Langston's bout with Jack Swagger. According to WWE physician Dr. Michael Sampson, Ziggler was injured during the early part of the fracas after a blow to the face. A post-match examination by WWE medical staff confirmed the injury.

“He [was] having some memory difficulties and a bit of a headache … he definitely has a concussion,” said Sampson. “We’re checking him out, and going to be doing neuropsychological testing and just keep it monitored.”

Though clinically Ziggler’s concussion was confirmed, the tests – which should yield results within the next couple of days – will provide WWE medical officials with a “baseline” from which to monitor The Showoff’s clinical and neuropsychological progress as time passes.

Check back with WWE.com for more updates on Ziggler’s condition.
Bad time to suffer a concussion leading up to his first title defense and especially in a match that's more high risk than the normal. Hopefully he's good to go by Extreme Rules.

Reaction score
So does mean a loss for him or hopefully it means he gets taken out early in the match and while the other 2 kill themselves he sneaks up to get the title

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Sucks that Ziggler suffered this concussion but I still think he will keep the belt at ER.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Sucks that Ziggler suffered this concussion but I still think he will keep the belt at ER.

You would expect this yes, there will find a way around his injury unless it is too serious.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Real easy to allow Ziggler to keep the title, with very little he has to do.

Big E takes over most of the physical aspects, Aj keeps Ricardo & Colter occupied, Ziggler just has to climb a ladder.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Depending on how serious maybe Langston could wrestle in dolph's place.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Dolph Ziggler was interviewed by WWE.com about his concussion that he suffered at Tuesday’s WWE TV tapings. Dolph Noted that he doesn’t remember Monday into Tuesday and was diagnosed with retrograde amnesia stemming from the incident.

WWE is working on alternative plans for the World Title match at Extreme Rules in case Ziggler isn’t medically cleared. Here is an excerpt from the interview.

“I didn’t even remember Monday until I watched Raw when I got home,” the champion revealed, in reference to the injury, which he sustained when he interfered in a match between Jack Swagger and Big E Langston. “I don’t even remember traveling from Raw to SmackDown. I don’t remember Tuesday. I remember AJ and Big E taking me to the airport on Wednesday morning.”

“I was told I interfered in a match and tried to get my hands on a ladder,” said Ziggler, piecing together the timeline. “When I bent over to grab it, Jack Swagger kicked me in the head.”

Happily, Ziggler is on the mend since returning home, and his condition is improving.
”I feel a lot better today,” The Showoff told WWE.com of his recovery process. “Yesterday I had a bad headache. Today, I have a slight headache.”

While Ziggler’s suffered concussions before in his career, he said this was by far the worst.

“I didn’t know what day it was; I didn’t know what month it was.” he said. “I’ve had a couple of concussions before and just had a headache. I’ve never not remembered entire days, like someone in a movie.”

you know a buch of us mentioned that Ladder to the head on monday, I'm sure that didn't help when he got kicked on Tuesday. Honestly I don't want him to lose the belt. It doesn't help the belt it's nothing he could have prevented himself. Just not the reason that a belt should be moved if it can be helped. I'd almost like to see Swagger go down a notch just for that stiff ladder shot and the kick.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I didn't see it, but I've heard about it. Absolutely brutal stuff, hopefully they don't fuck over Ziggler for this. I was kind of hoping to see him retain over Swagger just to see a good storyline come out of it.

Luis

Reaction score
Hope the injury is not to serious,We really haven't seen much from Ziggler as a champ it would suck if he lost the title this early

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
That's seriously going to suck if he can't compete in the ladder match. A match like that is no doubt going to require him to be fully cleared by doctors to participate in.

Worst case scenario, I could see Ziggler getting incapacitated at the very beginning of that match and spending most of it "unconscious" and not really doing anything while ADR and Swagger actually have the match, then Ziggler wakes up and grabs the title while the two of them are incapacitated. It would be sort of funny and Ziggler wouldn't have to really wrestle, but it would probably piss off a lot of fans considering a triple threat ladder match was advertised and they would be essentially getting a 1-on-1 ladder match instead.

But if that's what they have to do so that Ziggler at least makes an appearance and they sort of give the fans what they promised, I guess I'm for it. And Ziggler wouldn't run the risk of being injured worse. Unless he just falls off the ladder and lands on his head of course.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Be a great heel thing for him to do that and then jump in the ring at the last minute. Then claiming that the concussion was a work?

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
This does sound like a pretty bad a concussion so with only a week to go until Extreme Rules it would probably be best if he didn't compete in a ladder match. I keep reading people trying to find loop holes to still keep the title around his waist though. Big E competing for him in anyway shouldn't happen because you just downgrade the match quality entirely. Throw that garbage out of the window. Also, I'm sure if you explained to a typical fan nowadays they wouldn't have a problem if Ziggler had to be taken out so he really doesn't even need to be here. It's not like Swagger/Del Rio itself wouldn't have the chance to be a tremendous ladder match. It would also be a nice addition to their rivalry too. If people are so worried that Ziggler would have to forfeit his title then just make it a #1 Contendership Match with a contract above the ring.

See, I took this in a way that the match quality wouldn't be suffered and the booking wouldn't even be compromised that much.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I like the way that WWE dealt with this. To actually pull him from a PPV title match is a brave move but the right move. Good to see that they are taking concussions seriously and are actually giving the talent the time off they need to recover from them. Sucks for Dolph that his first big high profile defence is scrapped but at least he was able to keep the title rather than vacating it.