Will barret push hurt Bryan .

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score
well there were reports that comany nearly put title on him but changed minds at last minute . anyway whatever happens , i dont wanna see bryan stuck in midcard .

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that Bryan has done a good enough job in his mainevent run that WWE won't drop him back to the midcard. He has had excellent matches like we all knew he could be he has also managed to get himself over with the fans and be accepted at the top.

Irish Mark

Banned
Reaction score
Daniel Bryan is arguably the most over guy in WWE at the moment. It would take Stone Cold to knock him off his perch. He was given the ball with the MitB briefcase last year and he ran with it. A year ago the we were all in shock that Bryan won the ladder match, then many of us smarked things up by flat out dogging the guy and his epic losing streak, no one gave him a realistic chance of stealing the WHC. A year on and the guy is plasma hot!! Well done Daniel Bryan, ur no longer an internet darling known as the American Dragon, ur the most over heel/tweener WWE has. YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Guano

Reaction score
Wade Barrett has been rumored to win Money in the Bank Briefcase. Alright lets go with that scenario and theorize what could happen with Wade Barrett. Wade Barrett has been injured since February, I think? Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but that was 4 months ago. I highly doubt WWE would hand Barrett the Money in the Bank briefcase and then a World Championship (WWE or World Heavyweight). They should wait before pulling the trigger on Barrett and wait until they have people behind Barrett, because I think that was the problem with Jack Swagger when he cashed in Money in the Bank. People had no reason to care about Jack Swagger winning the World Heavyweight Championship from Chris Jericho, because it really came out of no where without indication.

CM Punk is still 'the guy' there is no denying that, because he's continued to have great matches and has the audience in the palm of his hands and I think the same can go for Daniel Bryan. WWE gave the ball to Daniel Bryan and he has ran with it and has been running with it since being given the opportunity. He truly has become a top star in WWE and has the crowd behind him chanting 'YES! or Si' and selling merchandise. They are arguable WWE biggest stars right now and I think will be treated as so. I think that WWE even considering Daniel Bryan to win the WWE Championship from CM Punk should be considered a good sign that WWE has faith in Daniel Bryan's abilities and is considered a major talent.

I'd like to see another match between Daniel Bryan and CM Punk, because the last match they had was easily was the greatest technical match in awhile.

Weez

Reaction score
There's something here no one has brought up. Danielson/Barrett feuding.

Wade Barrett has enough equity with the audience from his Nexus days to go right back to the top with a strong statement return. I don't mean some botched Tensai return. Have him return AT MITB in the ladder match and win the briefcase. Punk drops the belt to Danielson and Barrett cashes in on him and steals one from him.

They have history going back to their first televised WWE match (Bryan/Jericho, who was Barrett's NXT Season 1 Mentor), history thru the Nexus, which would build Barrett's credibility. Their WWE careers are intertwined and if anyone can make Wade look like a badass, it's Daniel Freaking Bryan.

THe only issue with my scenario is that It's a heel/heel feud. But Danielson isn't over as a heel, he's over as Daniel Bryan. He could do the same cocky schtick, and him feuding with another, more "Bad" guy, would give the audience the OK to go ahead and cheer like they do half the time anyway.

Face/Heel is so 1985.

Irish Mark

Banned
Reaction score
Face vs Face rivalries are usually hott when done well, eg: Cena/HBK, Batista/Taker. But I cant honestly for the life of me think of a heel vs heel feud?

Weez

Reaction score
Face vs Face rivalries are usually hott when done well, eg: Cena/HBK, Batista/Taker. But I cant honestly for the life of me think of a heel vs heel feud?

It wouldn't really be a heel/heel rivalry. Think about what they did when they flipped Randy Orton "Face." He was still doing the same heel shit he always did, he just started doing it to bad guys. He didn't start saving the damsel in distress. He just beat up new people. They'd been cheering him in his heel run for 6 months, much like they're doing Danielson now.

I hate saying "Make him a tweener" considering the IWC's hardon for tweeners since Austin basically invented it, but that's kinda what they've done. They've got a heel getting a huge face pop. Now it's time to let him beat up heels and win because he's a badass, and because he cheats. Eddie and Flair still cheated all up and down their face runs lol.

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score
It wouldn't really be a heel/heel rivalry. Think about what they did when they flipped Randy Orton "Face." He was still doing the same heel shit he always did, he just started doing it to bad guys. He didn't start saving the damsel in distress. He just beat up new people. They'd been cheering him in his heel run for 6 months, much like they're doing Danielson now.

I hate saying "Make him a tweener" considering the IWC's hardon for tweeners since Austin basically invented it, but that's kinda what they've done. They've got a heel getting a huge face pop. Now it's time to let him beat up heels and win because he's a badass, and because he cheats. Eddie and Flair still cheated all up and down their face runs lol.

I wish WWE make bryan tweener . Technically e already is a tweener , always gets cheered everywhere . But more like a "badass" who can fued with both good and bad guys and stay same . They tried to make orton the next SCSA but i guess it failed or because of this PG shit , good guys are angels and bad guys are satan . Thats the main reason i hate this PG Shit . Why does Good guy cant do a bad thing ??? they are human , arent they ?? thats what is happening with sheamus now , he has become the whiter version of john cena . Hardly gets pinned cleanly , never submits e.t.c.. . anyway getting back to topic , Bryan could easily play as tweener . because no matter what he does , he will get cheered by the "smart" crowd . His storyline with AJ is a very good example , he yelled , screamed , acted like a complete jerk with her but the people always supported him .

Bryan vs barret is a good idea , but Barret needs to be solidify more . But lets see .

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
How could it? Barrett's not getting pushed. Vince has made it abundantly clear he's not high on Barrett. Plus, WWE tried burying Bryan already on their own and it temporarily backfired but they're slowly pulling him back to the midcard where he belongs anyway, the timing of Barrett's return will have nothing to do with where he is.

Last edited:

#HEELRaghe

Reaction score
I highly doubt Bryan is going to the midcard. For the second straight pay per view WWE Officials were contemplating of giving the WWE Championship to Daniel Bryan. What does that tell you? He's sticking in the main event for a while, it may be tough because reports say Cena and Punk will be the Co-Main Event at Summerslam, but other than that Bryan is a bonafide Main Eventer. As for Barrett, his push won't hurt Bryan at all. Brands don't matter in the WWE anymore, so Bryan will be on RAW more often than Smackdown, then you have Barrett be in a program with Sheamus and this way everyone is happy. Barrett stays in the main event where he belongs, and Bryan stays in the main event where he belongs without disrupting the two.

Irish Mark

Banned
Reaction score
How could it? Barrett's not getting pushed. Vince has made it abundantly clear he's not high on Barrett. Plus, WWE tried burying Bryan already on their own and it temporarily backfired but they're slowly pulling him back to the midcard where he belongs anyway, the timing of Barrett's return will have nothing to do with where he is.

How exactly has Vince "made it abundantly clear he's not high on Barrett??" Was it putting him in a feud with Orton or having him shine in the EC??

And what planet are u on if u think WWE are pulling Bryan back to the mid card?! He's been in every WWE title or WHC storyline since December.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
How exactly has Vince "made it abundantly clear he's not high on Barrett??" Was it putting him in a feud with Orton or having him shine in the EC??

And what planet are u on if u think WWE are pulling Bryan back to the mid card?! He's been in every WWE title or WHC storyline since December.

Slowburn pushes are never good enough for certain fans.