Why CM Punk Could Raise WWE's Image

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

dmc1870

Reaction score
you are right but I think he should go for one of the other titles beside the ecw no body really show interest in that title.

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
You have a good point. Punk being straight edge and all this stuff is a positive image for kids. I have a younger sister that's hardcore into WWE and her favorite is John Cena, and Cena has a pretty positive image. Hopefully Punk can do the same.
Yeah CM Punk for WWE champ is so far every young fan's dream, his SxE lifestyle is a smart idea for the younger crowd. And especially this is 2008 where everybody now loves the underdog in a match where it could really progress his status in WWE and especially with the boss VKM.
WM 25
Orton vs CM Punk

NwO

Reaction score
How do you know for sure CM Punk is really straight edge? How do you know it's not just a gimmick?

noumenon

As many people have said, I don't think Punks SxE lifestyle has much to do with him being pushed. It's simply because he's insanely over with the kids, and actually the majority of the WWE audience. Look at Hardy, he was nowhere near a safe bet to be pushed but they did it anyway because he was so fucking over. I'm sure after they saw what happened with Hardy though knowing that Punk is a safe bet really doesn't hurt his push.

As far as his MITB goes, I think he'll be the first to lose his cash in. They've gotta do it eventually. For the MITB winner to win the title every time is just completely ridiculous. Even if this is the case it'll definately spark a nice title feud for him... which will probably end up with him holding the WWE title.

eggthief

Reaction score
How do you know for sure CM Punk is really straight edge? How do you know it's not just a gimmick?

Well if u look at him then u can see that he aint on steroids and during the raw 15th anniversery everybody was allowed to break character in the end and he was still drinking pepsi / cola. That'll leave drugs as a last option, but I doubt that a lot of wrestlers use it.

Haze187

Reaction score

Nobody would be stupid enough to tattoo a gimmick around, and if he is then he's doing a good ass job at living his gimmick.

LadyHotrod

Nobody would be stupid enough to tattoo a gimmick around, and if he is then he's doing a good ass job at living his gimmick.

He has a point, though. You don't see what CM Punk does 24/7. You don't know if after a live show he goes and drinks secretly in his room, away from cameras, so he can keep up that straight edge gimmick. You don't know if he rolls a fat one on the tour bus with the guys.

Haze187

Reaction score
I like Punk and all, but I just don't see him as a credible enough wrestler at this point to win a World Title.

I just get the impression that Cena, HHH, Orton, Show, Taker, etc... could beat him at anytime.

Give him some time, and solid booking to elevate him to a main event level.

Its wrestling you can make anything credible, I mean if they can book Chris Benoit to tap out to Cena's STFU, they can book CM Punk to look like a champ. Plus look its even working on you, you don't see him as credible champ because he's not this big musclehead guy or doesn't have enough time on tv. That's the whole point, to get that image off your head. Trust me you can put a big muscle head like Batista in a fight with a Chuck Lidell and you think Batista has the edge because of all his muscles but it don't mean he has the skills Chuck has. Skills give you wins not looks or muscles.

eggthief

Reaction score
I can see it happen, but not at this fast rate.