Why CM Punk Could Raise WWE's Image

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
But what else can WWE do to gain the media's semi-respect? They're already showing "Clean" disclaimers on WWE shows, and they have the drug policy, which seems faulty at times, but it's done it's job OK. And CM Punk is the right direction for WWE to go, because like it's been said before, that's the closest WWE can get to having a clean face of their company. And other than showing that WWE can have a non roided up champ, it also sends a good message to the kids, the ones who buy all the shirts, toys, and whatever else that's there. It shows that you don't have to have a Batista or Triple H body to "achieve your dreams", sorry for the corniness.

And the media thrives off of negative publicity, they thrive on a scandal. I'm just saying that WWE would get more opportunities in the outside world to spread their product.

eggthief

Reaction score
I gotta agree with CMS on this one, the reason for punk being pushed is that he is just incredibly over with the fans. Your theory isn´t some wild guess in my eyes, but if u think some more about it then you´ll realise that ,like CMS said, nobody would give a crap if a straightedge wrestler would be the champ. Not to mention that the Jeff incedent will be the haters main argument for a couple of months.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
CM Punk has gotten one of the biggest pops on every show since he debuted two years ago, and if you go by that, it's about time. They might be pushing him slow, and that's great. I guess it's a combination of both the no drugs and the pops. But there's also a ton of guys that get major fan love, and haven't held a singles title in a long time (Matt Hardy, I'm looking right at you.)

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

CM Punk for WWE Champ is what I have been saying for awhile now. People who don't like wrestling may not care who is champ but I bet there are people who do.

If all those people who got put off wresting by Benoit and the steroids outrage see Punk do media appearances, that may be enough for them to start to watch WWE again. I mean, it might not convince all of them, but I think a few would see Punk, see the tattoos on his body, see his body and think, wow, maybe the WWE is getting on the right track.

As far as people who hate wrestling go, they aren't going to watch wrestling anyway, so who cares what they think?

Evil Austin

I agree with BKB above, that I think that they will give Randy the win until a ?? time and than (probably) around summerslam Punk will cash it in and beat him. (I have been saying this since the first day after mania when he got the briefcase)

Though Thats what I think the WWE will do above, But what I think will be better I think that Raw wwe championship contenders are stacked there is Hardy, Kennedy, HHH, Cena, JBL, Jericho, Batista (moving after the HBK thing), HBK And Smackdown has Edge, Big Show, Rey (Injured for like half year) its very one sided What I want to see is Taker have the title for a good few month title reign and than Edge take it off him and than Punk cash in and move to smackdown. I mean he would fit better there adn freshen up smackdown. And maybe after a year or so he can go to raw but raw is just to stacked right now.

^^If he went to SmackDown though, he wouldn't really make a difference at all to who watches WWE. Most people watch Raw, so you would be better off having the guy who you want to be your media man on the A Show. It's just commen sense.

Evil Austin

^^If he went to SmackDown though, he wouldn't really make a difference at all to who watches WWE. Most people watch Raw, so you would be better off having the guy who you want to be your media man on the A Show. It's just commen sense.
no not really, yes it may be not as big as raw but if punk goes to smackdown it will make smackdown bigger and than he will be more popular because it will make more people watch it because he is there.

look at this in 2006 (early after mania like now) when taker won the title off Batista and they had the year long feud. Smackdown was getting stale with Taker Batista all the time, But when Edge cashed in the Briefcase to move to smackdown it brought hype to smackdown and made it atleast a Bit better. I mean Smackdown isn't great but it will be better for Punk if he moves there..

but thats just my thoughts, you can think differently though.

^^But how does Punk going to SmackDown increase ratings? Are the people who watch ECW with Punk on it going to watch SmackDown? Yes. But they already do. It doesn't help WWE's ratings at all with him going to SmackDown. But as I have pointed out with him on Raw in my last posts, it would help WWE.

The Rated R CMStar

It will do no difference as now CM Punk appears on SD on a daily basis. On Raw however, and with him being groomed as a main eventer and big player on the company, Raw is his place.

Anyways, again I will predict it

WM25
WWE Title
Triple H(c) vs CM Punk

^^That would be a great match to see, and HHH does do the job at WrestleMania, so a Punk win would be likely.

Evil Austin

CMS, I actually see this happening.

WWE TITLE
WM 25
Punk vs Cena

Other random match
HHH vs Orton
Teacher vs Student...

^^They haven't been teacher and student for three and a half years now. The match could happen, but it wouldn't be billed as that lol.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I'm not sure when Punk will cash in the MITB, it would be absolutely insane if he cashed it in right after the WM25 Main Event, but that's too much of a heel tactic. I have a weird feeling that he'll lose, but maybe I'm wrong. It would be nice to see Punk beat someone like Triple H or Orton, it would show where WWE stands if they make it happen.

WWE seem to be building up Punk to win the title at any time he wants. Like Edge vs Punk on SmackDown. Punk was given enough attack, and even hit the GTS on Edge. Edge had to have interference from Zack Ryder to win. Then afterwards Michael Cole went on about CM Punk being able to beat any champion. So I think WWE could really do it at anytime. I'm not really sure when, but I think it will come before Survivor Series.

CenaMark54

I like Punk and all, but I just don't see him as a credible enough wrestler at this point to win a World Title.

I just get the impression that Cena, HHH, Orton, Show, Taker, etc... could beat him at anytime.

Give him some time, and solid booking to elevate him to a main event level.