Why CM Punk Could Raise WWE's Image

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Haze187

Reaction score
Ok bear with me, when you ask someone do you watch WWE. They will either tell you yes or they will tell you something like "omg Chris Benoit, all the steroids, McMahon killing himself, muscleheads, fake" you know usual stuff.
But what if CM Punk was champ? You guys seem to ignore why McMahon really likes CM Punk, its because of his Straight Edge lifestyle, not because of anything else but that, he has tattoo's that say Drug Free wich means he's steroids free and kinda gives people a reason not to talk about WWE like that, how can they say its filled with muscleheads and roidfreaks when you have a 200 pounder, drug free man as champ. Think about it. Maybe someone else noticed this but I just noticed this and thought I'd talk about it.
So whoever says CM Punk is not gonna be champ, forget about it, no matter what he will be champ because of this same exact reason. Good wrestler, good mic, and doesn't use steroids or drugs instead goes against it? This is WWE's one in a lifetime chance.

CenaMark54

It's professional wrestling though. People think its one big lie and I doubt they are going to believe Punk is straight edge just because he says he is.

John Q. Public would not start watching because Vince says they have a "clean" champion. They said they had a clean champion when Hogan was in his hayday and look how that turned out.

Eat your vitamins, say your prayer, do steriods for 15 years.

LadyHotrod

I really don't know how CM Punk could be surrounded by all those Divas and be straight edge.

The Rated R CMStar

Lol, he convienently opted the No Sex part of the straightedge lifestyle.

Hey, as long as we are not proved wrong, John Cena is also a clean champion. CM Punk definitevely will get pushed not only by his talent, but by his gimmick, that can clean the image of WWE.

However, for people that hate WWE and want to bash it, CM Punk or Chris Masters(name just rhymed with steroids) could be champion, and they will still hate it

MikeRaw

I agree with CMS... Any adult who doesnt like wrestling, their opinion isnt going to change because of one clean champion. Besides, champs change all the time, so what happens when Batista or someone is champ again?
Anyways, my point is, anyone who doesnt like wrestling now, usually its not because of steroids, its just not their thing and they dont like it.
The only people who really say wrestling is bad or dumb or whatever is the media when it comes to steroids. But a teenager who doesnt like wrestling, just doesnt like it, usually has nothing to do with 'roids.
But anyways, I still want Punk to win a belt.

Haze187

Reaction score
Tattoos usually don't lie, why would you get a drug free tattoo then go and drink alcohol. Plus announcers haven't stressed enough how this is his real lifestyle not a gimmick. There is also a big Straight Edge movement so people know this isn't some made up wrestling thing. At least it will get the media off their backs in a negative way, but I'm not sure if McMahon likes any type of media attention, negative or positive.

MikeRaw

Tattoos usually don't lie, why would you get a drug free tattoo then go and drink alcohol. Plus announcers haven't stressed enough how this is his real lifestyle not a gimmick. There is also a big Straight Edge movement so people know this isn't some made up wrestling thing. At least it will get the media off their backs in a negative way, but I'm not sure if McMahon likes any type of media attention, negative or positive.

Firstly, McMahon LOVES media attention.
But everyone in the wretling community knows its real, and thats all that matters. People outside of wrestling may or may not know that his gimmick is real, but who cares? it wont change their opinion.
Like I said in my other post, knowing CM Punk doesnt do srugs/steroids, wont make non fans watch wrestling. People who are fans, and people who will become fans, like it because of sthe matches/storyline, usually not one guy/
And people who dont like wrestling, well one guy being clean wont chsange opinions.

Haze187

Reaction score
Ok first off who the fuck is talking about people who don't like wrestling? The main point of my post is that CM Punk could raise WWE's image so where are you guys getting all these extra stuff from? Who cares what people who like wrestling or not think, it don't have to do with WWE's image. Right WWE's image is steroids,suicides, and midget abuses. May it be in the media, wrestling fans, wrestling haters, the poor, the rich, the bad, the good, whatever they all see the image that WWE has. If you know you have the reputation for being dirty why would you roll around in dirt and walk around smelling like shit? If you have that rep you clean yourself up and get some cologne and prove people wrong. CM Punk is the soap, the cologne, that WWE's image need to get cleaned up. If you don't think so then you have your head up your ass and out your nose.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
1) As has been mentioned, he has it tattooed on his body several times that he is drug free and straightedge. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't get a tattoo of a gimmick if I didn't follow it.

2) The straightedge lifestyle varies from person to person. Some straightedgers are vegetarian and it's common in the straightedge community, but not all of them are. The same thing applies for abstinence. And from what I understand, they mostly refrain from promiscuity, not just sex altogether.

3). I really liked this:

CM Punk is the soap, the cologne, that WWE's image need to get cleaned up.

The Rated R CMStar

Ok first off who the fuck is talking about people who don't like wrestling? The main point of my post is that CM Punk could raise WWE's image so where are you guys getting all these extra stuff from? Who cares what people who like wrestling or not think, it don't have to do with WWE's image. Right WWE's image is steroids,suicides, and midget abuses. May it be in the media, wrestling fans, wrestling haters, the poor, the rich, the bad, the good, whatever they all see the image that WWE has. If you know you have the reputation for being dirty why would you roll around in dirt and walk around smelling like shit? If you have that rep you clean yourself up and get some cologne and prove people wrong. CM Punk is the soap, the cologne, that WWE's image need to get cleaned up. If you don't think so then you have your head up your ass and out your nose.

Apparently, you did.

Ok, as for the media goes, even if CM Punk were champion, I bet they will always find something else to bash WWE about. Hell, keep in mind that as for the media all the "World Titles" are the same, and even if Punk was the ECW Champion, that didn't stop the media from bashing WWE and their steroid imaga.

Wrestling Haters hate wrestling as a whole, not who is in it.

And if you are a wrestling fan and have that concept of the WWE, then I reccomend you to stop watching wrestling, because you are not a real fan.

Bottom line is it, I understand where you are coming from. WWE is constantly bashed by steroids use and making Punk the face of WWE, him being straightedge could clean. However, media don't follow the WWE, they don't are who they push and who they follow, so for example, if Punk were to be champion now, with this Georgia/Mike Knox shit exploding, do you think the media would stop for one second from bashing the WWE just because they have a straightedge as a champion? Hell no.

Haze187

Reaction score
Apparently, you did.

Ok, as for the media goes, even if CM Punk were champion, I bet they will always find something else to bash WWE about. Hell, keep in mind that as for the media all the "World Titles" are the same, and even if Punk was the ECW Champion, that didn't stop the media from bashing WWE and their steroid imaga.

Wrestling Haters hate wrestling as a whole, not who is in it.

And if you are a wrestling fan and have that concept of the WWE, then I reccomend you to stop watching wrestling, because you are not a real fan.

Bottom line is it, I understand where you are coming from. WWE is constantly bashed by steroids use and making Punk the face of WWE, him being straightedge could clean. However, media don't follow the WWE, they don't are who they push and who they follow, so for example, if Punk were to be champion now, with this Georgia/Mike Knox shit exploding, do you think the media would stop for one second from bashing the WWE just because they have a straightedge as a champion? Hell no.

Ok so honestly you didn't tell me anything right there. All you doing is talking about what I don't wanna talk about. Why are you still talking about the media? Didn't I rule that out on my last post? I told you I don't care about who hates WWE or who will still hate or not. People will still talk yes obviously we fucking know that but what I'm talking about is its image as a company, what I'm talking about is its credibility, just like baseball, its image is fucked up but if you can put out Alex Rodriguez (Punk) that will give you 700 HRs cleanly you are cleaning up your image. Understand?
I am a wrestling fan but I don't look at this situation just from my point of view as a wrestling fan, I look at the whole picture, when you do that you know what the fuck is going on. Aparently ya looking at it pieces by pieces "oh but the media will say something, they will still hate, omg but what about the people" who cares. Look at what the people in general will look at it. I'm pretty much having a champ who really promotes drug free and really takes his vitamins and says his prayers for real not the ones who take other vitamins and pray their muscles will get bigger than their house. Open your mind and look at it the other way, positives outweight the negatives in this situation. I guess you guys just like seeing Bobby Bonds I mean Lashley being champ and proving WWE's image right.

The Rated R CMStar

Ok, so you say you don't care about what others think, yet you keep talking about the WWE's image. Image with who I ask? Because the credibility WWE lost is with the media. And if you don't care about what the media thinks, then why is the cleaning you are asking necessary.

Haze187

Reaction score
Tell me what is the point of your posts I'm seriously lost. One post you agree with me another your talking about god knows what. Stop going away from the point of the thread and stop talking about the media, the media isn't WWE's image. Its simple either you agree its good for WWE's image or not you either agree or disagree we not talking about what the media or the guy down the street will say, is it good for WWE's image yes or not, I say yes, either you agree or you don't, then give me reason why you disagree, don't give me what other people will think. That's the whole point of a forum, not talking about random stuff. I understand what you are saying but right now we talking about something else.
By the way I love debating about stuff so don't get pissed if I get carried away. :)

The Rated R CMStar

What I am saying is that you keep talking about WWE's Image. Image is how other people will see you. Then, we need to talk about what others will think as that is what image is. And at this point, the media won't give a damn if CM Punk is champion or not. Haters will not care if Punk is champion or not. Why? Because even if WWE tries to sell themselves as being lead by a straightedge superstar, and have him as champion, the only ones that would really care are us, the ones that already like the business. Take what's going on right now for an example. The Mike Knows scandal. Is he important in WWE? Is he main event or something big? No, still, that is what people outside the business see. So, even if CM Punk were to be champion, haters and media, will not change his idea about WWE, as they will rather cover a developmental guy being suspended.

TrayBlaylock

Reaction score
You have a good point. Punk being straight edge and all this stuff is a positive image for kids. I have a younger sister that's hardcore into WWE and her favorite is John Cena, and Cena has a pretty positive image. Hopefully Punk can do the same.