Who should Ziggler feud with?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Pyro said:
Can you link me to the huge pops he's getting in casual cities? I understand he gets smark pops -- it's inevitable -- but that does not justify the face turn. I disagree with you with the Punk thing, but I can't be assed to debate it, since this thread is not to do with that. I'm shocked you of all people have faith in WWE turning Ziggler face when you witnessed Punk, Sheamus, Orton, Miz, and in some ways Ryback fail at being one because of WWE. Ryback became smiley-smiley and pals with Sheamus almost instantly; goes completely against his character right? That's what WWE would do, suddenly start teaming Ziggler with guys like Sheamus & Cena who the IWC despise, and then suddenly the IWC is against Ziggler which means everyone who ever popped for him now doesn't care for him.

You say "Ziggler can do the same thing as he does now", but he wouldn't at all. Orton became over because he was the sadistic viper who in some ways portrayed a badass no-care role. Now look at him, pandering Sheamus for affection. WWE refused to keep Orton the way he was, who arguably needs it more than Ziggler, so why the sudden faith that WWE would do the same for Ziggler?

WWE can stay the fuck away with the face turn, for at least a good few months.

The reason Orton is floating around in midcard obscurity is because of the wellness policy violations and his lack of personality. I've never really been massive on Orton, he's over as hell, but I've always found him to be pretty dull and just fortunate to get great angles (I missed 2009-2010 and was a mark before then, tbf). Sheamus and Miz just flat out suck for me. Neither were going anywhere towards the end of their heel runs anyway. No way in hell would a crowd turn on a Ziggler match like it did with Sheamus and Orton last night, and even if they did, he'd have the personality to do something about it, rather than just go through with the generic match. As for Ryback, he's being booked brilliantly at the moment, thankfully the whole buddy thing was just for The Shield angle. He's probably the best booked full timer on the roster atm.

When was the last time WWE even had one of those random thrown together Faces vs heels matches (excluding The Shield)? I think they've learned that those matches don't work generally.

I honestly just can't see this face turn not working, really think it'll go the same way as Del Rio's.

P.S. If he does turn, he should adopt the superkick as his finisher I reckon.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
R Albin said:
I honestly just can't see this face turn not working, really think it'll go the same way as Del Rio's.

One month of pops and then WWE asking the crowd to do a specific chant during the commercial breaks to make it seem like they're over? Yep, me too, lol.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Pyro said:
One month of pops and then WWE asking the crowd to do a specific chant during the commercial breaks to make it seem like they're over? Yep, me too, lol.

I've not even heard of this? But yeah it was going great until they stuck him with Swagger, he would still be doing fine as a face had they done with Henry for his first proper fued.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Normally good old Lillian Garcia or Justin ask the crowd -- during commercials -- to see how long they can do the "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" in Alberto Del Rio's entrance; that's why that part is normally so loud. Then the crowd just stop caring. I don't blame Swagger personally, he has been far more interesting in this feud than Del Rio, and this is coming from a Del Rio mark. Anyone is over with Henry, the guy is a dope as fuck heel. LIKE ZIGGLER.

:eek:tunga:

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
I ain't saying Ziggler isn't/couldn't be a great heel, just saying it's mainly his tweener actions that have got him over. I blame Swagger lol. He's basically been given everything he needs to get over (except a really over babyface) and has failed. Give ADR a great heel and then he will get properly over. Certainly can't blame him for that debacle at WM.

God dammit, we're having another Man City/Dortmund moment here.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
To be honest, being "buried" and not being pushed (like DB) has got him over with the smarks, as well as being hella' talented. Let him have his spotlight as what he is right now, a heel on fire! Let the face turn come when he eventually has to job and lose the title. As I said earlier, I don't see Ziggler receiving huge pops in casual cities, but he could get huge boos because we KNOW he is a good heel, and WWE generally know how to book heels, or at least book them better than faces. I don't trust Vince at all with Dolph's character.

Writer: Shall we keep him the same?
:vince: HELL NO, TEAM HIM UP WITH SHEAMUS.

Reactions: Snowman1