Who should Ziggler feud with?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Bully Rain said:
Don't turn Ziggler face. Reference: CM Punk.

We all know what would happen. Ziggler would cut boring promos, no-sell stuff, have a watered down moveset, not look as athletic, and have nothing to say. Everything that got him over would be gone.

People don't expect good promos from Dolph though. They wouldn't mind if he came out with the usual babyface stuff because he's not really renowned for doing otherwise. Punk was expected to be dropping pipebombs on everyone and he didn't. And when you take away Punk's promo ability he's nothing special really, you take away Ziggler's and he's still got a lot about him. Besides, Punk's ring-work was always pretty good as a face (better IMO), I don't think it would affect Dolph's. His moveset appears pretty watered down anyway.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I don't think expectancy meant anything. Punk became generic as hell, and for someone as good a talker as him, that's proof of what WWE can do. WWE has no idea how to book faces or project faces. They simply tell them to become more appealing to the audience and then they become Sheamus'. Dolph smiling at and hugging a fat chick just doesn't suit his current gimmick, and the sudden change in personality now he's face is oh-so-typical and something I myself don't want to see.

Heel Dolph entertains us all so much that we all marked the fuck out when he won the title, so why would people want to change that based on a few smark pops?

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
I'd like to see him against Orton or Bryan.

Orton in a normal way winning his matches to the no.1 contender spot, and Bryan by him and Kane losing the belts to PTP (FINALLY) and them splitting up to a point where they're singles competitors again..

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Sheamus, lose cleanly?

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Pyro said:
Sheamus, lose cleanly?

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

I think he was talking about Jericho :pity:

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Pyro said:
I don't think expectancy meant anything. Punk became generic as hell, and for someone as good a talker as him, that's proof of what WWE can do. WWE has no idea how to book faces or project faces. They simply tell them to become more appealing to the audience and then they become Sheamus'. Dolph smiling at and hugging a fat chick just doesn't suit his current gimmick, and the sudden change in personality now he's face is oh-so-typical and something I myself don't want to see.

Heel Dolph entertains us all so much that we all marked the fuck out when he won the title, so why would people want to change that based on a few smark pops?

But it's not just expectancy, it's the fact that mic work is pretty much the sole reason CM Punk is big at all. He hardly oozes charisma, his look is about as bad as it gets and his ring work, while being great, isn't enough to get him over in itself. People love Punk for being outspoken and destroying everyone on the microphone - which he wasn't able to do. (Possibly being a little harsh with my analysis there, but still think he relies on mic work)

A few smark pops? It's getting more than that now tbh. Several times he's been getting massive cheers from everybody in the arena including casuals ( NWO, MITB and a few Raws off the top of my head), when was the last time he didn't get the majority of cheers at a PPV excluding vs Jericho? It's more than a few smark pops.

Him turning face doesn't necessarily mean him being a smiley superface. I honestly don't think Vince would book a guy like Ziggler in the superface way in all honesty. He loved HBK back in the day, and he must see the similarities in the two of them and how they should be pushed? W/E, probably not best trying to apply logical thinking when speaking about Vince lol.

Besides, even if he gets turned full on babyface he can make it work. With Punk it came across as really awkward as he's never really been portrayed as a "people person", and it was the complete opposite of everything his character ever stood for really. Ziggler could do the exact same thing he does now only with cleans wins and slight crowd pandering and it'd workout fine. I'm really struggling to put into words why I think he'd do it well, but it suits him perfectly for me lol.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well, I'd mark for Sheamus losing clean and would love to see it, not necessarily think it'll happen. Also a returning Christian.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Can you link me to the huge pops he's getting in casual cities? I understand he gets smark pops -- it's inevitable -- but that does not justify the face turn. I disagree with you with the Punk thing, but I can't be assed to debate it, since this thread is not to do with that. I'm shocked you of all people have faith in WWE turning Ziggler face when you witnessed Punk, Sheamus, Orton, Miz, and in some ways Ryback fail at being one because of WWE. Ryback became smiley-smiley and pals with Sheamus almost instantly; goes completely against his character right? That's what WWE would do, suddenly start teaming Ziggler with guys like Sheamus & Cena who the IWC despise, and then suddenly the IWC is against Ziggler, which means everyone who ever popped for him now doesn't care for him.

You say "Ziggler can do the same thing as he does now", but he wouldn't at all. Orton became over because he was the sadistic viper who in some ways portrayed a badass no-care role. Now look at him, pandering Sheamus for affection. WWE refused to keep Orton the way he was, who arguably needs it more than Ziggler, so why the sudden faith that WWE would do the same for Ziggler?

WWE can stay the fuck away with the face turn, for at least a good few months.