Who should Ziggler feud with?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Pyro said:
A face Christian vs Dolph would be fucking incredible.

Would be great but they need to switch roles there for me. The two have amazing chemistry though, their match on Raw a few months ago was fantastic.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
R Albin said:
Would be great but they need to switch roles there for me. The two have amazing chemistry though, their match on Raw a few months ago was fantastic.

I think Christian works the sympathetic face role pretty well, and Dolph being the heel creates maximum entertainment. It's no lie that in modern WWE you can be far more entertaining as a heel.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Pyro said:
I think Christian works the sympathetic face role pretty well, and Dolph being the heel creates maximum entertainment. It's no lie that in modern WWE you can be far more entertaining as a heel.

Definitely, but it's more for aggressive guys who rely more on their mic work. Ziggler basically doesn't have to change a thing. Besides, Ziggler is over as fuck right now, Christian was sadly getting crickets as a face - as a heel he was getting great heat though.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Ziggler is over with the smarks. I think it's far too early to say he's over as fuck and should be a face. The spoilers this week suggest that as soon as Jericho came out, Ziggler got boos again. A few pops in smarky cities shouldn't justify any face/heel turns imo.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Daniel Bryan. Da matches would be... :gusta:

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Pyro said:
Ziggler is over with the smarks. I think it's far too early to say he's over as fuck and should be a face. The spoilers this week suggest that as soon as Jericho came out, Ziggler got boos again. A few pops in smarky cities shouldn't justify any face/heel turns imo.

He's been getting pops in most cities to be honest. The guy's barely had 5 minutes TV time and manages to get a reaction, he could easily get over with more time. Getting boos with Jericho doesn't really prove anything for me, he's the most over face on the roster.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
R Albin said:
He's been getting pops in most cities to be honest. The guy's barely had 5 minutes TV time and manages to get a reaction, he could easily get over with more time. Getting boos with Jericho doesn't really prove anything for me, he's the most over face on the roster.

I've seen little bits, but they're normally small mixed reactions. If he's in a smart city he gets pops like DB does, but otherwise, they're pretty mediocre. As you said, he gets little TV time, so why should people care about him? The pops I see him get are when he does in-ring antics (headstand for example), or when he cuts a promo, and he always manages to get himself heat like a good heel.

Far too early for a face turn based on a few cities though seriously. I've not personally seen it happen in most cities, but then again how often do we get the chance to hear it with the way Ziggler is booked? Lol.

I'm just pumped for his heel work as a champion. A face turn would be a kick in the balls to a heel who has been desperate for TV time for so long.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Pyro said:
I've seen little bits, but they're normally small mixed reactions. If he's in a smart city he gets pops like DB does, but otherwise, they're pretty mediocre. As you said, he gets little TV time, so why should people care about him? The pops I see him get are when he does in-ring antics (headstand for example), or when he cuts a promo, and he always manages to get himself heat like a good heel.

Far too early for a face turn based on a few cities though seriously. I've not personally seen it happen in most cities, but then again how often do we get the chance to hear it with the way Ziggler is booked? Lol.

I'm just pumped for his heel work as a champion. A face turn would be a kick in the balls to a heel who has been desperate for TV time for so long.

Sorry, Ipod died half way through my long-ass reply -_-

I don't really see why a guy not getting big face pops as a heel is justification for not having him be face. The second you win over the smarks you can turn face and instantly be over, the casuals will just latch onto what the smarks are doing/what WWE wants them to do anyway.

On the contrary, a face turn could invigorate Ziggy. I just look at him and can't see him turning into a Sheamus or Orton. You listen to his interviews and you can just tell he's smarter than that.

There's been more cases of him getting massive face pops this past year than there has him getting heat. He's the same as Del Rio, just a natural face. There's nothing about either guy or their character that really gives you the urge to boo them.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
It's the timing. I too think he'll be a good face, but he's a great heel too, and we've only seen like 10% of what he can do with that role. I'm baffled that people want him to turn face the minute he gets more TV time. Let him be a heel for a bit, and then turn him. And whether you have the tools or not, you can be a bad face. Cena is a shit face and we all hate his character, but most agree that he has the tools to be one of the best in WWE. WWE could easily book Ziggler to be the boring superface, or a face character like Miz. Punk was even stale as a face, and he's the best talker in wrestling (in my opinion), so WWE can easily fuck things up.

Why would anyone be begging for this right now? Let it happen a couple or even many more months into his reign. If he's a good enough performer, he could get boos. His gimmick doesn't suck like ADR, and ADR simply could not get boos. We saw Ziggler/Foley where Ziggler got a lot of boos, so he's easily capable. I don't think the ADR/Ziggler comparison is a good one tbh.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Don't turn Ziggler face. Reference: CM Punk.

We all know what would happen. Ziggler would cut boring promos, no-sell stuff, have a watered down moveset, not look as athletic, and have nothing to say. Everything that got him over would be gone.

Who would he feud with? I don't know, there's plenty of options... After ADR's rematch gtfo's, throw Sheamus at him, and have him win dirty. Then have a rematch where Ziggy wins clean. After he spent all year being Sheamus's bitch, it's time to let Ziggler bury that asshole. Screw you, Cena, here's a real road to redemption.

Expecting this to be a lot like the Miz's run, entertaining (imo) but afterwards he'll just put Big E over as a face and return to mid-card obscurity. Don't know how much he'd be stuck there though.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Look at all the guys you mention though, they have one thing in common: The reason they're all as big as they are/were is because of their talking abilities. Being forced to only do shitty promos is what killed their momentum (well, not sure Miz was forced to :haha:).

I'm not saying it has to be done right this second, there's still fueds with ADR and Jericho to be done. But I'm just saying, once he is turned he'll do a great job. It will be most effective if done soonish, because he's already got a load of crowd support. I think the ADR comparison is pretty fair to be honest, they're similar in a few ways. Their best traits are their ring work and charisma, and that can't really be lost by turning them. They're not really aggressive guys as such, their characters have a tonne of arrogance, but nothing really particularly dislikable (that's right, I'm making up a word) and their mic work isn't what got them to the dance. In fact, I think Ziggler could be a really good face mic worker, when you listen to WWE download and his quick talking, catchphrase filled little promo bits at the end could get pretty over. He doesn't NEED it, but he's definitely suited to play the face role.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
NanoRah14 said:
Want a DZ vs Langston! I'd pay 1K dollars (if I had them now) to this forums if that happens

I can't tell if you're trolling or not a lot of the time :mad2: