Who needs a push?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Ryder got over cause of his youtube vids. Not cause of his "awesome skills" and "hunger" to get to the top. The fans liked the vids and they got him popular... that was what got him over... but what was he portraying in the vids? A dork. So why blame WWE for something that he did himself. He portrayed himself as a big dork so if WWE were to try to change him... the fans would have crapped all over it and he would have gone nowhere. Ryder... dorked himself up and WWE allowed him to try to take his act to the main event. Not WWE's fault that he just couldn't keep the connection.

And as far as being massively over? Nah. If it was still massively over.. keyword being massively... then he'd still be main eventing. He is over... but not massively. And really... several people above him didn't work to get where they are? Who are these several people... list them. Don't just say a blanket statement like that and not list names.

Ziggler... he is on his way to the top. He is fighting in championship matches on PPV... what more does he need to do? Win all the time? Ziggler is the first guy they went to to replace Del Rio at No WAY Out... if anything... that should show that they have a LOT of faith in Ziggler. That he is on the cusp of main event status. Ziggler is there. Ryder? Not a chance.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I swear I was one of very few people to like McGillicutty from the start, seems like everyone is all over his dick now.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I swear I was one of very few people to like McGillicutty from the start, seems like everyone is all over his dick now.

Was more the fact he didn't do much for NEXUS besides being Tag Champs for a short period of time. I found him being solo has utilized him.

#HEELRaghe

Reaction score
The guys that desperately need a push right now is Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkings.I would say The Miz, WWE has been blaming him for everything that has gone wrong, such as the Survivor Series buyrate which I felt wasn't his fault, so yeah Miz should be back in the Main Event Scene rather than stuck in limbo. I don't have a problem with him shooting The Marine 3, I mean, I'd rather have him shoot a movie then job to Brodus Clay. Now let's get into the good stuff.

Cody Rhodes, I mean I'm sure the WWE knows the amount of talent they have when they think of Cody Rhodes. I mean I'm completely with taking the IC strap off of him, mainly because if he continues to hold it, he'll never get to that elite level. And I feel that even the amount of days he held the IC title, was it really worth it, because I dont want to see Rhodes continue to hunt for the IC title, last thing I want to see is see Rhodes face Christian at Money in the Bank, when surely he should be in the Money in the Bank Match and quite frankly he needs to win this match to resurrect his career. If the WWE give him the briefcase, then they believe in the talent of Rhodes, and he will achieve elite status, indirectly if they don't give him the briefcase, I dont see Rhodes winning a World Title until after Wrestlemania. But I truly think Rhodes will win the Money in the Bank.

Dolph Ziggler, is another guy that the WWE is fully aware of. They know what he can do, and they know his reputation throughout the IWC. Its just a matter of time before Ziggler cracks the main event scene, and quite frankly I dont think he needs the Money in the Bank Briefcase to do it, I think if the WWE continues to push him now that Jack Swagger is no longer inviolved with him, I think if they push him against reasonable opponents, Ziggler can achieve that elite status without having the briefcase and worrying about the element of surprise. Eventually Ziggler is going to turn face, that's a no brainer. The crowd is strongly behind him, and it's just a matter of time before the WWE turns him. But other than that, I think Ziggler will either ride into Money In The Bank with strong momentum that people think he'll win it the briefcase, and then swerve it. Or constantly lose matches and then surprise us at Money In The Bank, so we'll just have to see.

Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkings is a prime example on why I believe the tag team division is being revitalized in the WWE, and I think the WWE is aware of this. They know that they have great tag teams on their hands. Prime Time Players are being pushed heavily on RAW and Smackdown. Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd are starting to get TV time, and add in the already great duo of Primo and Epico, and the rising of Reks and Hawkings, and we have a legitimate tag team division. I mean I know it's hard for the WWE to put these guys on TV, but I don't think it's hard at all. Putting them in matches against Epico and Primo, or putting them in Singles Matches, is going to raise the stock of these men. The IWC already know how good Reks and Hawkings are, but creative needs to understand that we are behind them, and whether heel or face they are going to get a crowd reaction, they don't need to be relegated to NXT and Superstars.

I'd say Tensai,Barrett,Clay. I'd say those names for guys in need for a push, but I know as soon as Barrett returns from injury he'll be slipped into a program with Sheamus which will make Smackdown interesting again and put Barrett back into the main event where he belongs. As for Tensai, the WWE is trying hard to get him over, but he's just not a guy that I can take seriously heading into storylines. He's a squasher at best, and maybe main event a RAW here and there, but I don't see him holding any legitimate championship in the WWE unless they change his gimmick. Same goes for Clay, in fact I dont even see Clay headlining a RAW. He'll stick to dancing with kids, if he doesn't get a gimmick change, I'm sure the whole Funkasauras gimmick was punishment for Clay revealing his debut on twitter, but due to the massive popularity that he's been getting as a face, WWE wants to run with it. I like him as a monster, and I think he's agile and capable to have a great 15+ min bout. WWE should use these skills to their advantage

Reactions: 1 person

Irish Mark

Banned
Reaction score

U say that like it's a bad thing, the whole point of having him on NXT is to improve on the mic and in the ring and develop a relationship with the fans. Personally, I loved the guy from day one - simply because of who his dad is.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I never said it was a bad thing it's just everyone wanted him lynched after that promo he cut on NXT2, but now after a bunch of stellar matches alot of people seem to be all over his nuts.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I was a fan of McGillicutty ever since Season 2, and then even more when I found out he was Perfect's son. I always thought he would be big if they just gave him a chance.

Pete

Reaction score
Justin Gabriel.

Justin Gabriel.

Justin Gabriel.

Justin Gabriel.

Justin Gabriel.

Justin Gabriel.

Justin Gabriel.

Justin Gabriel.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
How about WWE actually builds their divisions so that each championship has a set number of superstars who compete for those belts. Then worry about pushing people to "the next level".

Without the proper foundations, all pushes will feel "shoved down your throats".