Who is the best wrestler in the world in their prime?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
Crayo said:
This.

I'd have them in that order to but that's all opinion based. Those three are the guys right now.
What about bret/benoit/anglek

CM Drunk said:
Intensity is just one aspect which can make a great worker, let's compare Shawn Michaels to The Ultimate Warrior for example. Warrior was madly intense, much so than Shawn but you'd never claim Warrior to be the better wrestler would you?

That's different. That's like saying DB is a great wrestler but isn't very charismatic, Hogan is a horrible wrestler but is charismatic. So Hogan is better than DB. The Intensity thing is just part of the total package. Great wrestling is just that, great wrestling. But Intensity brings something beyond wrestling. Intensity is what creates great moments like winning a title at Wrestlemania.

It's all a part of the 'in-ring performance package'. Do you know what made Bret/Austin such a great moment that is still remembered? The great wrestling+intensity.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
That's why I said it was just one aspect. Yet you listed it as a large reason some matches are great, especially with the blood. As I said its a minor aspect of a complete goal. So Shawn winning against Bret wasn't great because he lacked intensity? Or Eddie beating Kurt or Rey winning his first title? It doesn't define anything.

stephan1 said:
Intensity is important. It's why matches with blood seem better.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
R'Albin said:
Well...erm..

I meant what he thinks of the "best wrestler in the world in their prime?"

CM Drunk said:
That's why I said it was just one aspect. Yet you listed it as a large reason some matches are great, especially with the blood. As I said its a minor aspect of a complete goal. So Shawn winning against Bret wasn't great because he lacked intensity? Or Eddie beating Kurt or Rey winning his first title? It doesn't define anything.

It's more than that. Everytime I look at Kurt he has this intense face expression. Like a mean, I wanna kill you type face. Punk's face on the other hand just looks like a skinny/emo jesus christ. :sad:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
R'Albin said:
Well...erm..

Rofl awkward :urm:

In their prime it's impossible to judge in my opinion. Eddie, Angle, Shawn, Bret, Owen etc all come to mind. But some people choose former wrestlers because they're that, former wrestlers. People always prefer to enjoy the past. "Messi is good but he's not as good as Pele or Maradona" is an example.

Overall best wrestler in their prime for me would be HBK.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
3d044043e3ddbacab471db28684ee627.jpg

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
A more interesting question to me is when was Shawn in his prime? Cases can be made for his final heel run, his return as a face or the while veteran.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
CM Drunk said:
A more interesting question to me is when was Shawn in his prime? Cases can be made for his final heel run, his return as a face or the while veteran.

I was wondering the same thing..
But then I thought..
When wasn't he in his prime? :haha:

CenaTionMaN

Jobber
Reaction score
THE BEST WRESTLER OF YOUR LIST IS THE SHOW STOPPER Mr WRESTLEMANIA HBK THE MAYN EVENT !!! SHAWN MICHAELS !!!

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
CenaTionMaN said:
THE BEST WRESTLER OF YOUR LIST IS THE SHOW STOPPER Mr WRESTLEMANIA HBK THE MAYN EVENT !!! SHAWN MICHAELS !!!

I agree. But I would've agreed too without the caps'..

and..

HEY!

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
I always thought of HBK as more of a performer than a full fledged wrestler.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
stephan1 said:
I always thought of HBK as more of a performer than a full fledged wrestler.

Wrestlers are preformers. Wrestling is a show. HBK had it all.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
Jose Tortilla said:
Wrestlers are preformers. Wrestling is a show. HBK had it all.

i agree, he did have it all. but then how come they dont call him the best wrestler which they call bryan and punk. but call HBK as "the greatest in-ring performer"

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
stephan1 said:
i agree, he did have it all. but then how come they dont call him the best wrestler which they call bryan and punk. but call HBK as "the greatest in-ring performer"

In-ring preformer contains the term wrestler.
Punk and Bryan are the best wrestlers of this time. Although I don't really agree with Punk being the best. He's good, not the best. In wrestling skills I have to vote for Bryan. Followed by Dolph Ziggler.