Who is the best wrestler in the world in their prime?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
CM Drunk said:
Kurt also said he'd be going to the Olympics this year and he passed a UFC medical with flying colours which Dana later refuted. Kurt says a lot of things. I agree Eddie's death raised his legend but can you really say Taker has cut better promos then Eddie did in his 2005 heel run? I know for one I can't, plus his early work in WCW is stuff of legend whilst Taker never really met that pedestal. Undertaker for me personally, whilst an icon of the sport has been over rated based upon longevity.

Back to the OP for purely in ring in the WWE Bret Hart has to be close, so must Owen.

Still, when one of the best wrestlers such as kurt angle complements you by saying you're the best, it means something. and everyone shines at different times, austin blew up in WWE, same with kane. all because of simple gimmick changes along with undertaker. there's a reason why WCW closed-down. they obviously weren't as smart as WWE thus couldn't beat them. :dawg:

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Because when you say the best wrestler of all time, there's a much broader range of wrestlers that one can pick. It's also hard to compare all of them.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
stephan1 said:
wonder why no one has posted bryan. :burns:

Because he's a poor man's Benoit on his best days.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
Leo C said:
Because when you say the best wrestler of all time, there's a much broader range of wrestlers that one can pick. It's also hard to compare all of them.

Obviously, I don't want people saying DB is BiTW just cuz all the truly great wrestlers are all dead or retired.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
stephan1 said:
Obviously, I don't want people saying DB is BiTW just cuz all the truly great wrestlers are all dead or retired.

Not all the great wrestlers are dead or retired. Lots of them are, but we still have good wrestlers in activity.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
Leo C said:
Not all the great wrestlers are dead or retired. Lots of them are, but we still have good wrestlers in activity.

Like Dolph and Punk?

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
stephan1 said:
Like Dolph and Punk?

It's true that older wrestlers are more popular and therefore, considered "greater" than the current generation. That's because WWE can't book. However, if you only consider ring work and promo skills, you may still find extremely talented wrestlers around, like Dolph, Punk, Bryan, etc. But asking who's the best in the world is a matter of opinion. Plus, guys like Angle and Jericho are still around.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
Leo C said:
It's true that older wrestlers are more popular and therefore, considered "greater" than the current generation. That's because WWE can't book. However, if you only consider ring work and promo skills, you may still find extremely talented wrestlers around, like Dolph, Punk, Bryan, etc. But asking who's the best in the world is a matter of opinion. Plus, guys like Angle and Jericho are still around.

I'm not referring to booking Leo. I'm referring to wrestling. IE Benoit was a very intense wrestler. You could really feel him. Same with Kurt angle. Very intense. Something I don't really see in Bryan. Wrestling skills, he's great. But not much intensity.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
stephan1 said:
Like Dolph and Punk?

Punk is overrated as shit.

DB, Aries, and Steen are my top 3. Followed by guys like Styles, Angle, Ziggler, ect.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
stephan1 said:
I'm not referring to booking Leo. I'm referring to wrestling. IE Benoit was a very intense wrestler. You could really feel him. Same with Kurt angle. Very intense. Something I don't really see in Bryan. Wrestling skills, he's great. But not much intensity.

I see. Well, it's even ground then. I guess there were more intense workers before, but intensity is not everything. It does add to the wrestler inside the ring though.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
Leo C said:
I see. Well, it's even ground then. I guess there were more intense workers before, but intensity is not everything. It does add to the wrestler inside the ring though.

Intensity is important. It's why matches with blood seem better.

TheXtremeDiva

Jobber
Reaction score
I got alot i think was the best & still are

In The Past
Randy Savage
Ric Flair
HBK

Now
CM Punk
Kane
Chris Jericho
Randy Orton

There are some I still don't think they are the best maybe good but not the best.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Intensity is just one aspect which can make a great worker, let's compare Shawn Michaels to The Ultimate Warrior for example. Warrior was madly intense, much so than Shawn but you'd never claim Warrior to be the better wrestler would you?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Punk is overrated as s***.

DB, Aries, and Steen are my top 3. Followed by guys like Styles, Angle, Ziggler, ect.

This.

I'd have them in that order to but that's all opinion based. Those three are the guys right now.